Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: CronusMAX keyboard and mouse Setup Guide

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX keyboard and mouse Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by arcadekidflo View Post
    I would like to connect my wired keyboard to CronusMax so i can play fighting games , isn't there a way i could do that without PC ? Because i don't have a PC in the room where the console is . Maybe you could create a plugin that sees the keyboard as controller .

I'm sorry, currently there is no way to use M&K without PC.
    That plugin exist, but you need a PC to make it work :rolleyes2:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

I'm sorry, currently there is no way to use M&K without PC.
    We have this limitation because of the 2 USB ports needed ? People will want keyboard & mouse for shooters but for fighting games or soccer games only the keyboard is required . So i ask the devs to think of a plugin that allows a keyboard connected directly to CronusMax

Also , an entire PC could be replaced with something smaller , such as Raspberry Pi or even a mobile phone , but that would need a Cronus Pro app written for Linux or Android or whatever OS the small device is running

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arcadekidflo View Post
    We have this limitation because of the 2 USB ports needed ? People will want keyboard & mouse for shooters but for fighting games or soccer games only the keyboard is required . So i ask the devs to think of a plugin that allows a keyboard connected directly to CronusMax

Also , an entire PC could be replaced with something smaller , such as Raspberry Pi or even a mobile phone , but that would need a Cronus Pro app written for Linux or Android or whatever OS the small device is running
    It has nothing to do with needing two USB ports. My Keyboard and mouse only use one. You could use a tablet running windows 8 if you like.

Just be patient and wait until the end of the year, its not long now.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi there I brought a CM to use with mouse and keyboard but have no pc but I do have eagle eye converter that runs like ps3 controller it works but resets it self after every load up of game ghosts so you have to unplug and plug in every time any updates or any ideas if this could be solved ??

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Biglove666 View Post
    Hi there I brought a CM to use with mouse and keyboard but have no pc but I do have eagle eye converter that runs like ps3 controller it works but resets it self after every load up of game ghosts so you have to unplug and plug in every time any updates or any ideas if this could be solved ??
    Are you playing on the PS4 by any chance?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Yes ps4 it works but just not properly that eagle eye would be awsome to use as wouldn't need PC

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Biglove666 View Post
    Yes ps4 it works but just not properly that eagle eye would be awsome to use as wouldn't need PC
    You have to use a PC when using a different controller on the PS4. The PS4 has been designed to ignore controller inputs if it does not detect a DS4 around every ten minutes.

To get around this limitation of the console, we use a PC and leave the DS4 plugged in at all times.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

edited--
    Last edited by Taysonlol; 21st August 14 at 09:47.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

My cronusmax does not recognize the controller and ps3! what do I do? the numbers are changing the display to the numerals "2 and" 3 " And when I run the plugin maxaim, mouse movements and keyboard do not occur on ps3. Another question: what the utility of existing button below the display cronusmax?

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alemao View Post
    My cronusmax does not recognize the controller and ps3! what do I do? the numbers are changing the display to the numerals "2 and" 3 " And when I run the plugin maxaim, mouse movements and keyboard do not occur on ps3. Another question: what the utility of existing button below the display cronusmax?
    The big button is below the display, you are looking at it upside down. It does not say 3/2 it says E/2. Follow this guide - http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142427

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

one day someone may read the manual before asking questions

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Dude, you set up the Cronus so you can play BF4 on PS4 using a mouse and keyboard? HOW?! I've followed every instruction on here and nothing works. Do I have to have my Cronus linked to my PC ALL the time or does it work independent or what?!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi,
    read your instructions, but found them slightly confusing. However, I watched your video and thats really good. I cannot, however, see where I am going wrong. I'm doing nothing different to what you're doing, but I'm trying to get it to work on the PS4. I got nothing working. nada. Where could I be going wrong?!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I followed every single step on the written guide as well as the video and for the life of me could not get it working on my ps4. On a last ditch effort I deciced to try a different usb adapter cable to connect the CronusMAX to the ps4 and BAM, got it working! The lights lit up on the CronusMAX just fine with the other cable, just refused to display AU for authentication. Keep this in mind anyone who may be having the same issue! Was such a simple fix I just didn't think to try it until I was about ready to give up. Thank you very much for this awesome tutorial! Now I just need to adjust mouse sensitivity settings and get it feeling just right.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I don't seem to be able to get my CM to work. I've followed each step rigorously, yet my K&M do not control anything in-game.Could it be that there are compatibility issues? Is there a list of compatible K&Ms for the CM? When I have plugged the CM in to the PS4, with the PS4 controller cable in the 'input' end, I get 3 horizontal lines with a dot ( . ) at the top and bottom. If i remove my PS4 controller, I get only 1 dot at the top, the bottom one disappears. I still, however, cannot control anything in the game. Help please!

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    I don't seem to be able to get my CM to work. I've followed each step rigorously, yet my K&M do not control anything in-game.Could it be that there are compatibility issues? Is there a list of compatible K&Ms for the CM? When I have plugged the CM in to the PS4, with the PS4 controller cable in the 'input' end, I get 3 horizontal lines with a dot ( . ) at the top and bottom. If i remove my PS4 controller, I get only 1 dot at the top, the bottom one disappears. I still, however, cannot control anything in the game. Help please!
    Follow this guide before connecting your PC and make sure you get 0.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/connecti...ystation_4.htm

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I've got the 0 with a single dot to the top left of it. I then open XAim and the 0 turns to 3 horizontal lines......In XAim, i press "enter Capture Mode" but still can't use my K & M ........ ;-(

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    I've got the 0 with a single dot to the top left of it. I then open XAim and the 0 turns to 3 horizontal lines......In XAim, i press "enter Capture Mode" but still can't use my K & M ........ ;-(
    A dot in the top left means it isn't properly connected to your console. I'm guessing you are using a PS4. Check the CM is fully inserted but I suggest using a 6" USB cable

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I'm such a dick. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn
    Just be patient and wait until the end of the year, its not long now.
    I patiently waited until end of the year and a week more. So... now... can I connect keyboard and mouse to CronusMax and play games without that stupid PC?
    Last edited by doors; 8th January 15 at 09:14.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast