Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: CronusMAX keyboard and mouse Setup Guide

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

CronusMAX keyboard and mouse Setup Guide

Step by step guide for Xbox 360 / Xbox One:

When you are connecting your mouse and keyboard to your Xbox One or Xbox 360 one (your computer need to be connected too), it's normal to have the 3 lines (like E).
    Try to follow these steps. Shut down your computer.
    1) Connect your CronusMAX to your PC.
    2) Connect the Xbox One / Xbox 360 original controller to the cronusmax dongle.
    3) turn on your computer
    4) launch Cronus Pro and verify that in the "options" your choose Xbox One or Xbox 360 in the "device" tab.
    5) turn on your Xbox One or Xbox 360.
    6) connect your CronusMAX dongle to your Xbox One or Xbox 360
    7) you should have A.U at the begin and after a few seconds, you should have 3 lines.
    8) launch "X-AIM" plugin
    9) click "enter to capture mode" in the "X-AIM" plugin.

Step by step guide for PS3/PS4:

When you are connecting your mouse and keyboard to your xbox one (your computer need to be connected too), it's normal to have the 3 lines (like E).
    1) connect your cronusmax to your PC.
    3) turn on your computer
    4) launch Cronus Pro and verify that in the "options" your choose PS3 or PS4 in the "device" tab.
    5) turn on your PS3 or PS4.
    6) connect your cronusmax dongle to your PS3 or PS4.
    7) you should have A.U at the begin and after a few seconds, you should have 3 lines.
    8) launch "X-AIM" plugin
    9) click "enter to capture mode" in the "X-AIM" plugin.

I'd also like to share another setup guide video for the cronusmax hope this helps
    if you found the video helpful be sure to like and subscribe to my channel for videos

Also check this link for how to setup / fine tune your mouse http://www.cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141501

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gamernoob For This Useful Post:

m0dm0use's Avatar m0dm0use

Re: Cronus max keyboard and mouse Setup guide (Xbox one)

Is there no way to work a keyboard and mouse directly with CronusMax without a passthrough without buying any additional hardware?

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

not that i know, if you're going through the cronusmax you're either going to have to use your PC as a pass thru or use a Xim adapter with the cronusmax

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m0dm0use View Post
    Is there no way to work a keyboard and mouse directly with CronusMax without a passthrough without buying any additional hardware?
    Keyboard & Mouse control requires a Windows PC/Laptop and the X-AIM plugin

It's described in the user guide and features list that it's required

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Updated the OP with some step by step troubleshooting info

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hello, Is it possible to set up hotkeys for games to activate different layouts of mouse configurations so i can switch quickly in between classes instead of manually configuring the mouse sensitivity in game. (something i've been wanting to do playing battlefield 4) thank you if any one can help me with this

Renegade

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by reconops View Post
    Hello, Is it possible to set up hotkeys for games to activate different layouts of mouse configurations so i can switch quickly in between classes instead of manually configuring the mouse sensitivity in game. (something i've been wanting to do playing battlefield 4) thank you if any one can help me with this
    EODCM made a GPC Script that handles sensitivity changes for infantry and vehicles.

http://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=72

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX keyboard and mouse Setup Guide

Great video. Followed step by step for PS4, and man...what a differeence. I usually go 4 and 28 playing CoD. First round I went 4 and 8, needed tweeking. Second 7 and 2 noticed more tweeking needed. Third go was 28 and 4....and still improving. WOOHOO! Love this! I cant use those controllers worth a crap, as I grew up with KB&M....now its trouble time!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rex03 For This Useful Post:

albenex's Avatar albenex

hi, just bought a CronusMax adapter and willing to connect my K&M to my ps4.
    I followed this guide step to step but it doesn't work.
    0) update cronus pro & cronusmax firmware
    1) plugged cronusmax to pc
    2) opened cronus pro
    3) went to "options" "device" selected "ps4" (a strange thing= everytime i go into this menu options seem to be reset)
    4) turned on ps4
    5) connected cronusmax to ps4 by using an usb extension cable
    6) opened maxaim
    7) user selection windows will prompt but no command seems to be received.

watching other tutorials i've seen that at first you connect a ds4 controller by using a bluetooth dongle (which i don't have). is it necessary? i could use micro-usb cable?
    can you make a detailed video for ps4 user ?

update:
    my problem is/was essentialy that while connecting ds4 on AU phase, i got E. searching through forum i found that guide http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142427 and i think it solved my problem as i get now O.. but didn't have time to go on to test m&k. will post if success. thanks
    Last edited by albenex; 21st May 14 at 15:28.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Yes video setting up the CronusMax for PS4 K/M support would be great! I have successfully setup K/M with XBONE no problems. Do I need a BlueTooth adapter for the DS4 to be properly authenticated on the PS4?
    When I plug the CronusMax in the PS4...the dongle reads 3 lines like it is authenticated but no response from K/M. I have changed device out, created new remapping script the whole 9 yards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Thanks for Guide, but i have some questions.As for now i have wired mouse and keyboard, so how to put in Cronus? Do i need to buy micro thing or usb hub? (btw still on x360)

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by Dancek
    Thanks for Guide, but i have some questions.As for now i have wired mouse and keyboard, so how to put in Cronus? Do i need to buy micro thing or usb hub? (btw still on x360)

You only have to connect your CM to your console (output port) and to your controller (input port), then connect the CM to your PC/Notebook with mini usb cable (PCPROG port) and use your PC/Notebook keyboard and mouse with Maxaim (Cronus Pro>plugin)
    Last edited by LEX LOST; 2nd July 14 at 11:11.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LEX LOST View Post
    Originally Posted by Dancek

You only have to connect your CM to your console (output port) and to your controller (input port), then connect the CM to your PC/Notebook with mini usb cable (PCPROG port) and use your PC/Notebook keyboard and mouse with Maxaim (Cronus Pro>plugin)
    So that means i can use keyboard from laptop?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Ok so i could not get this to work for keyboard and mouse, kept getting E2 after following the various instructions hear / youtube I also re did the firmware as per the E2,3 wright up in the end i got it working by-
    -connecting the xbox 1 controller to the CM
    -turning on Xbox1
    -Connecting CM to Xbox1
    -AU pressed button on Xbox 1 control (leaving the controller connected i then hit the profile button to confirm "normal" function" cycled the profile back to 0)
    -I then connected the PC witch all ready had Cronus Pro open and configured ready to go as per other instructions
    -Opened XAim and selected "Enter to Capture mode"
    and the display changed to the 3 lines and away it went. This seems to be the only "order" i can connect in to get it functional other attempts resulted in the correct display but no commands were passing from the keyboard to Xbox1 or in E 2 being displayed
    Last edited by Millsy_666; 9th July 14 at 08:49.

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

It may be your micro-usb cable that is causing issues. Not all are suitable and will connect. Some are missing the wires for data and are only a charging cable.

I have a few micro-usb cables here.

The official MS play and charge lead - This works fine
    The charging lead for my windows phone - This also works without issue as it is also a data cable for plugging the phone in a pc
    The charging lead for my Official MS 360 wireless headset - This one works sometimes but more often than not, it doesn't

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I Actually used the official MS cable and my Phone cable (checked both on the PC making sure my phone was data accessible) , both exhibited the same results, and both work when following the steps i listed above. i also used 2 Xbox1 controllers.
    -on a side not i found the edit post option and fixed my original post ;D

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy_666 View Post
    Ok so i could not get this to work for keyboard and mouse, kept getting E2 after following the various instructions hear / youtube I also re did the firmware as per the E2,3 wright up in the end i got it working by-
    -connecting the xbox 1 controller to the CM
    -turning on Xbox1
    -Connecting CM to Xbox1
    -AU pressed button on Xbox 1 control (leaving the controller connected i then hit the profile button to confirm "normal" function" cycled the profile back to 0)
    -I then connected the PC witch all ready had Cronus Pro open and configured ready to go as per other instructions
    -Opened XAim and selected "Enter to Capture mode"
    and the display changed to the 3 lines and away it went. This seems to be the only "order" i can connect in to get it functional other attempts resulted in the correct display but no commands were passing from the keyboard to Xbox1 or in E 2 being displayed
    So its all working now? Im a bit confused by the post

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    So its all working now? Im a bit confused by the post
    Yes it's all working, Just thought i'd share the connection order i had to use to get it working so anyone else having trouble can try it also if they get stuck like i did.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Step by step guide for PS3/PS4:

When you are connecting your mouse and keyboard to your xbox one (your computer need to be connected too), it's normal to have the 3 lines (like E).
    1) connect your cronusmax to your PC.
    3) turn on your computer
    4) launch Cronus Pro and verify that in the "options" your choose PS3 or PS4 in the "device" tab.
    5) turn on your PS3 or PS4.
    6) connect your cronusmax dongle to your PS3 or PS4.
    8) launch "xaim" plugin
    9) click "enter to capture mode" in the "XAim" plugin.
    I don't believe these are quite correct.
    Following these, I was stuck with a cycling A.U. at step 7.
    The listed video, though for XBox, describes connecting a controller to the CronusMax roughly after step 6.
    I did this with my PS4 controller and my A.U. switched to a 0 [or O] and everything worked properly at that point.

Might I suggest updating the steps to clarify plugging the CronusMax into the system AND a controller into it?
    What the messages on the CronusMax display mean might also help.
    Also PS section mentions 'xbox', probably left over from copy/editing the steps.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

I would like to connect my wired keyboard to CronusMax so i can play fighting games , isn't there a way i could do that without PC ? Because i don't have a PC in the room where the console is . Maybe you could create a plugin that sees the keyboard as controller .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast