Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One or PS4 and CronusMax - It works.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One or PS4 and CronusMax - It works.

>>>FOR THE LATEST METHOD CLICK HERE<<<

>>>FOR PS4 METHOD CLICK HERE<<<

I have successfully used an xbox chat headset whilst using KB/M and the cronusmax.

What you need is two controllers.

I have only tested using usb cables so take the battery packs out.

Plug an Xbox chat headset into a controller. Plug this controller into the back USB port on the Xbox One.

Plug the other controller into the ContollerMax as usual - connect to PC using the pc prog port. Do not plug a headset into this one.

Test that both controllers can navigate around the xbox interface.

Now for the sneaky part.

Using the controller with the headset go to your user icon in the top right of the screen (next to the globe).

Select the Icon and Add guest. You will now be "Gamertag"(1)

Join the chat / party session using the controller with the headset.

You will now be able to hear people through the headset and be able to chat.

To play a game (eg Bf4) use the other controller (the one with CronusMAX) to start the game. When BF4 starts, you have an option to switch player using the Y Key. do this and then you will be controlling the game using CronusMAX and chatting using the headset.

Its a bit of an effort but you will do this once per session and you are set. Takes about 20 seconds once you get the sequence right.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xTACKSx For This Useful Post:

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Re: Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One and CronusMAX - It works.

That's AWESOME. I mean, I don't play xb1, nor do I like chatting, but that's a really good way to get what you need done. lol

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

More simple solution:

First turn on your Xbox one without the CronusMax Plugged in

Turn on a Wireless controller, Sign In with it, Than plug in the CronusMax and with a second controller Verify it, plug in your Input controller of choice and the First wireless controller you turned on you should be able to use for chat.

After that I would recommend using a back USB port for the controller to stay on otherwise your'll have to turn it on every 10-15mins.

Renegade

User Info Menu

Something similar was suggested here: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...l=1#post962846

I don't have a second controller yet to check this out for myself. Is there really a need to sign in as a guest? Is that the only way to keep that second controller (with the mic) working for chat?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jim007; 7th March 14 at 18:31.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim007 View Post
    Something similar was suggested here: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...l=1#post962846

I don't have a second controller yet to check this out for myself. Is there really a need to sign in as a guest? Is that the only way to keep that second controller (with the mic) working for chat?

Thanks!

Just tried it - and yes - you dont need a guest login. You still need 2 controllers though.

Just make sure the xbox one sees that you have both controllers. Join the party with the controller with the mic then start the game. Switch controllers when in game to the one with CronusMAX.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xTACKSx For This Useful Post:

Renegade

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xTACKSx View Post
    Just tried it - and yes - you dont need a guest login. You still need 2 controllers though.

Just make sure the xbox one sees that you have both controllers. Join the party with the controller with the mic then start the game. Switch controllers when in game to the one with CronusMAX.
    Awesome. Thanks for verifying that.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Very nice read. I am glad people are adapting to what is unavailable at this time...
    Although, i use my XBOX One Kinect as a mic in front of me when I am playing.. and people still hear me fine in game on my team in BF4. I mean theres always ways around it... just if you are really dedicated to make shit work.
    Adapt and overcome people! :rolleyes2:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Question.

Can I use 1 xbox one controller, connect it to the cronusmax for the authenticating part, disconnect it, and then use it as the controller for the headset?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBKing1 View Post
    Question.

Can I use 1 xbox one controller, connect it to the cronusmax for the authenticating part, disconnect it, and then use it as the controller for the headset?
    Or will I need 2 xbox one controllers and the controller I will be using with the converter, to do this method?

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

maybe even with an XB1 controller + an XB360 WIRED controller (but you have to play with it)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

i've never used this stuff before, i'm just starting out.
    i just got the device and setting it up now.

so given that's been said above.

i can use my keyboard and mouse on my P.C using Cronus Pro ,maxaim and remapper for the XBOX ONE.

i can then use one wired xbox one controller plugged in the back of the xbox via usb , and Connect the chat adapter and my XO FOUR turtle breach headset.
    and then use other wired xbox one controller connected through the cronusmax to the side usb port and connected to the p.c.

when I've Done that. make sure both controllers can work in the xbox one interface(i don't need to sign in as guest). i can then Join A Party and start up a game.
    using the controller with the headset. and then at some point, change the controller to the one connected to the crunusmax.

and only then, i can play in a party with chat and use keyboard and mouse. and hopefully have in-game sound ?

i know a added other things in there like the game sound through the headsets. but am i on the right track?

if so , what point do i need to change the controller , and how to do that , for it all to still work?

i still need to buy a 2nd controller to test this, but i want to make sure i'm gonna do it right.

any input will be helpful.

thanks
    Last edited by conraid; 18th March 14 at 17:09.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing this, I have been using Cronusmax for a day now and found this limitation set in place by my PS4. I noticed you can use multiple guest accounts much like the XB1. In theory this should work, not to mention it`d be good to get a second controller anyway. Many thanks.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IC4NOW85 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, I have been using Cronusmax for a day now and found this limitation set in place by my PS4. I noticed you can use multiple guest accounts much like the XB1. In theory this should work, not to mention it`d be good to get a second controller anyway. Many thanks.

id love to know if this works for ps4??

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Re: Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One and CronusMax - It works.

hi guys ano its been asked a few times but i am the noob of all noobs haha... whats the best headset to use with the xbox one while using the adapter i want to use my 360 pad but also want to use a headset i prefer to have all sounds coming via it i dont want to use 2 pads etc to much hassle

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mupz1690 View Post
    hi guys ano its been asked a few times but i am the noob of all noobs haha... whats the best headset to use with the xbox one while using the adapter i want to use my 360 pad but also want to use a headset i prefer to have all sounds coming via it i dont want to use 2 pads etc to much hassle
    You have to use a second XB1 controller and an XB1 headset. The CM does not support voice.

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

take a look at this tutorial, I didn't try with a DS3 instead of a secon XB1 controller but should work:
    http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...hlight=headset
    Last edited by LEX LOST; 11th August 14 at 18:58.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

thanks guys for the fast reply's think i will just have to stick to using xb1 pad for now least my headset works and hopefully we get chat sorted out hate to waste the chance to use this gadget or hopefully xbox bring out a wireless headset that connects to console only

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

thanks guys for the fast reply's think i will just have to stick to using xb1 pad for now least my headset works and hopefully we get chat sorted out hate to waste the chance to use this gadget or hopefully xbox bring out a wireless headset that connects to console only
    I hope they do as well. I hate wired headsets. Personally, when I'm playing on the One, I'm usually in party chat on the 360 so I can use my wireless headset.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    I hope they do as well. I hate wired headsets. Personally, when I'm playing on the One, I'm usually in party chat on the 360 so I can use my wireless headset.

sound like to much hassle lol i like listen to game play but the issue i was having like on the 360 i could change the sounds to the level i wanted but on the one i cant have already took 3 xb1 headsets back today so i bought this adapter thinking i would kill 2 birds with one stone lol shitty xb1 mic will have to do and learn to play with the tv sounds now bummer

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

check this gear out

Turtle Beach Stealth 500X Wireless for Xbox One £199

• Preorder

• Hear your favourite games like never before with the powerful X 7.1 Channel Surround Sound that puts you at the center of the action on Xbox One.
      • No need to worry about a tangle of cables thanks to this wireless headset.
      • Hook up your mobile phone to hear text notifications or take calls while gaming.
      • The breathable, around-the-ear mesh ear cushions provide comfort even during extended gaming sessions.
      • Don't worry about batteries as the Turtle Beach Stealth 500X Wireless Headset has a built in rechargeable battery that gives you up to 15 hours of continuous play

Turtle Beach Stealth 500X Wireless for Xbox One Product DetailsNo controller adapters, no cables, just completely wireless DTS Headphone: X 7.1 Channel Surround Sound that puts you in the center of the action. Designed for Xbox One, the powerful Ear Force Stealth 500X delivers incredible interference-free wireless audio and chat through a comfortable, functional headset design. The Stealth 500X also includes a mobile cable for mobile gaming or for connecting a phone to get text or call notifications while gaming.

Crystal Clear Wireless
    Intelligent channel-hopping for an interference-free wireless experience.

DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound
    DTS Headphone:X delivers an amazing, 3D 360-degree sound stage with unmatched spatial accuracy.

DTS Surround Sound Modes
    Custom DTS Surround Sound modes further immerse you in your favorite games, movies and music.

EQ Presets
    DTS Surround Sound Modes each with genre-based presets to further customize your audio.

Long-Life Rechargeable Battery
    Built-in rechargeable battery that delivers up to 15 hours of wireless gaming.

Separate Volume Controls
    Set your mix of game and chat volume levels right on the headset.

Comfortable & Quiet
    Breathable, around-the-ear mesh ear cushions for hours of comfort and noise-isolation.

High-Quality Chat
    Be heard clearly through a high-sensitivity, uni-directional mic.

Stop SHOUTING!
    Mic Monitoring let’s you hear your own voice in the headset to avoid shouting.

Dynamic Chat Boost™
    Even during loud gameplay spikes, chat volume automatically rises to ensure you never miss a command.

Never Miss a Text or Call
    Hook up your mobile phone to hear text notifications or take calls while gaming.

Mobile Device Versatility
    Connect the included Mobile Cable for wired gaming on any mobile device.

Hear Everything
    Enjoy wireless Xbox One audio for streaming video, music and even Skype with friends.

Step up to Stealth
    Ear Force Stealth headsets connect cutting edge wireless tech with advanced audio features so you win more, jump up the leaderboards and flat out hear your favorite games like never before.

Key Features

• Completely wireless game and chat audio for Xbox One
    • Immersive DTS Headphone: X 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
    • DTS Surround Sound Modes each with genre-based presets to further customize your audio
    • Up to 15 hrs of play from built-in rechargeable battery
    • Separate game & chat volume controls
    • Acoustically-angled 50mm Neodymium speakers
    • Dynamic Chat Boost™ and Mic Monitoring for the best chat experience available
    • Use included Mobile Cable for gaming on any mobile device
    • Simple setup using USB and Optical connections

Package Contents

• Ear Force Stealth 500X Headset
    • Removable Microphone
    • Ear Force Stealth 500X Transmitter
    • Mobile Cable
    • Digital Optical Cable (6ft)
    • USB Charging Cable (2ft)
    • Quick Start Guide
    • Turtle Beach Sticker

Connections

• Console Audio Connection: Optical
    • Console Chat Connection: USB
    • Mobile Devices: 3.5mm
    • Headset Power: Rechargeable Battery
    • Transmitter Power: USB

Product Specifications

Headset

• Speakers: 50mm with Neodymium Magnets
    • Speaker Impedance: TBD
    • Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
    • Earpad Material: Fabric (Black) with Foam Cushion
    • Microphone Design: Removable Uni-Directional Microphone

Transmitter

• Game Input: Digital Optical(Toslink) with Digital Optical Pass-through
    • Chat/Mic Input/Output: USB
    • Surround Sound Processing: DTS Headphone:X 7.1
    • Wireless Connection: RF with Intelligent Channel Hopping
    • Wireless Range: Up to 30ft
    • Power: USB
    • Cable length: 6ft/1.82m

Last edited by mupz1690; 12th August 14 at 06:15.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I doubt that will work. All turtlebeach heaset so far do not connect directly with the console, instead they come with either a cable or wireless unit that plugs into the controller. You would get audio but voice still wouldn't work.

these are just powered via console mate as far as i know nd watched a little vid and guy states you dont need anything from the pad to headset

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I doubt that will work. All turtlebeach heaset so far do not connect directly with the console, instead they come with either a cable or wireless unit that plugs into the controller. You would get audio but voice still wouldn't work.

they say it will be console powered i hope this is the case as i got my hopes up when i done more researching last night

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

they say it will be console powered i hope this is the case as i got my hopes up when i done more researching last night
    Let's hope so. Although, I wouldn't spend £200 on a headset, especially a turtlebeach. I've had a few in the past and found they are not worth the price.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Let's hope so. Although, I wouldn't spend £200 on a headset, especially a turtlebeach. I've had a few in the past and found they are not worth the price.

am not hardcore gamer but if i dont have a headset that does everything what i want cant play for shite lol plus if they come out with the xb1 pad shaped like the 360 pad am in heaven lol

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

am not hardcore gamer but if i dont have a headset that does everything what i want cant play for shite lol plus if they come out with the xb1 pad shaped like the 360 pad am in heaven lol
    You are aware that with the CM, you can use your 360 pad on the XB1, aren't you?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

You are aware that with the CM, you can use your 360 pad on the XB1, aren't you?

yeah thats why i bought it waiting on it coming but you cant use a headset or you can with extra pads etc too much hassle but they say if a headset is connected to console and not pad it should work with CM

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

yeah thats why i bought it waiting on it coming but you cant use a headset or you can with extra pads etc too much hassle but they say if a headset is connected to console and not pad it should work with CM
    If a headset connects directly to the console, then you can use it while using the CM. I currently use a Microsoft wireless headset to chat while using the CM on the 360.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

If a headset connects directly to the console, then you can use it while using the CM. I currently use a Microsoft wireless headset to chat while using the CM on the 360.

am buzzing mate love my 360 controller lol just cant use the xb1 pad pissing me off lol so am hoping since turtle beach have come up with this new headset someone else with have the brains to do it aswell but cheaper

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

maybe Tritton will do another completely wireless headset for X1 (like the Warhead for X360)
    Until then I use a 5.1 headset connected to X1 and kinetik as mic

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LEX LOST View Post
    maybe Tritton will do another completely wireless headset for X1 (like the Warhead for X360)

man that would kill me haha... am gonna buy this headset when its out if it doesnt work i will get my lass to take it back haha

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LEX LOST View Post

stupid question can you get an xb1 pad the shape of a 360 one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast