Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Topic: Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One and CronusMax - It works.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One and CronusMax - It works.

Thanks TACKS for the info, this will come in handy in the future.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

shame to see you need to do so much work to get something basic like headset working on a cronus. But guess the strike pack from collective minds will be the new cronus like device with mods and headset support and i heard they will be comming to ps4 also next year so maybe people should buy that instead of a cronus if you ask me.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RiTCHiE007 View Post
    shame to see you need to do so much work to get something basic like headset working on a cronus. But guess the strike pack from collective minds will be the new cronus like device with mods and headset support and i heard they will be comming to ps4 also next year so maybe people should buy that instead of a cronus if you ask me.
    The difference is that strike pack doesn't allow you to do crossover gameplay, it only works on the system it's designed for (currently Xbox One) not to a PS4...

Sacked

User Info Menu

I don't know, it's not really much to do where I'm standing. My turtle beach wireless headset was cheap, about 20 bucks more than an extra controller, and the sound is amazing, well worth the 20 bucks ( a trip to McDonald's) . And I love the Cronus, it does so much more than any controller can. The stuff I've done with this thing is unbelievable, I use it for every game I have, shooters, sports, you name it, I've modified a script to work on it, and not only work, but dominate! Before I bought the Cronus I had about 20 different controllers, now they're collecting dust. Anybody who thinks that a controller can hold a candle to the Cronus max is mistaken, but hey, to each their own, if that device works better for some users, then have at it.
    Last edited by Newbie; 11th January 16 at 17:12. Reason: I'm a piss poor speller

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    I don't know, it's not really much to do where I'm standing. My turtle beach wireless headset was cheap, about 20 bucks more than an extra controller, and the sound is amazing, well worth the 20 bucks ( a trip to McDonald's) . And I love the Cronus, it does so much more than any controller can. The stuff I've done with this thing is unbelievable, I use it for every game I have, shooters, sports, you name it, I've modified a script to work on it, and not only work, but dominate! Before I bought the Cronus I had about 20 different controllers, now they're collecting dust. Anybody who thinks that a controller can hold a candle to the Cronus max is mistaken, but hey, to each their own, if that device works better for some users, then have at it.
    Strike Pack is actually a Xbox One addon pack, it goes into the Battery slot and have gamepacks with the same features found on Cronus, just not the ability to do crossover gameplay, and it adds 2 paddles which can be used within the gamepacks or mapped as button presses

It however doesn't have support for custom scripts (at this time)

Sacked

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    Strike Pack is actually a Xbox One addon pack, it goes into the Battery slot and have gamepacks with the same features found on Cronus, just not the ability to do crossover gameplay, and it adds 2 paddles which can be used within the gamepacks or mapped as button presses

It however doesn't have support for custom scripts (at this time)
    yea, I'm sure it's great for some folks, all I'm sayin is I customized every script for every game I play to give me the greatest benefit, and to adjust it to the way I play. Most of you guys and gals here play PVP shooters, I do too, but on a limited bases because even the Cronus max won't make me young again, lol, and my reflexes are aweful. So I play golf games primarily, and pool, and slower paced games, so without being able to customize I'd be screwed, lol. But again if it works for some that's great, but I'm sticking with my Cronus

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbie For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Yea but I had hopes the cronusmax would send out a xbox singal to the strike pack so it can be used on ps4. Guess all I can hope for is that some friendly cronusmax picks it up 😀

Sacked

User Info Menu

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I have a question, no offense is meant by it, just wanted to know for understanding sake. I've seen threads about other controllers and stuff, and I was just wondering why it would be necessary to own a controller that has features similar to a Cronus max when you own a Cronus max? I used to have a keyboard that I would hook up to my Cronus until I figured out a way to do the exact same thing with my Cronus alone, but I'm sure everyone has specific needs, so just curious as to what those needs are, and don't worry, I'm not going to critique anyone's answer, just genuinely curious is all. Thanks.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    I'm not trying to be difficult, but I have a question, no offense is meant by it, just wanted to know for understanding sake. I've seen threads about other controllers and stuff, and I was just wondering why it would be necessary to own a controller that has features similar to a Cronus max when you own a Cronus max? I used to have a keyboard that I would hook up to my Cronus until I figured out a way to do the exact same thing with my Cronus alone, but I'm sure everyone has specific needs, so just curious as to what those needs are, and don't worry, I'm not going to critique anyone's answer, just genuinely curious is all. Thanks.
    Well I bought the strike pack just for the paddle remapping feature but its good to see it has gamepacks also but its to tricky to get it working with a pc. But the strike pack is a awesome product and I would recommand one.
    But what you mean with keyboard and cronus alone?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RiTCHiE007 For This Useful Post:

Sacked

User Info Menu

That sounds cool, I'll have to take a look at it. The keyboard, I actually used for golf, for whatever reason by using a keyboard for my drives off the tee, I could get full red red straight shots, meaning pressing a key instead of using a thumb stick was much faster, and fast =power, so ... Earlier I had made a script for the Cronus without the keyboard that was fine, I made it by that recording feature, I forget what it's called, then I tweaked it to suit my needs, but I couldn't physically use a thumb stick in a way that was anywhere near as fast as the keyboard, and I packed my keyboard up when I got my ps4, figuring I wouldn't need it anymore since the ps4 game played shots differently. But alas, I didn't enjoy that game much, so I went back to the PS3 for my golf fix, and using the script I made I was about 5-10 yards short on my drives, which ain't great for a number of reasons, so I looked at the script I had made and went line by line changing values until I hit the right one, which made it faster and after some tweaking it's now exactly like my keyboard was and all I have to do is click r3 for it to occur, which is pretty sweet if you ask me, lol, anyway, I did another cool thing too, for hot shots, it uses the PS3 controllers gyroscope to get an extra power shot, so using a script that someone made for me, maybe lex or excaliber, I can't remember, I could still make it work the gyroscope, but it was kindof iffy, I got extra yards based on my positioning the controller correctly during a shot, and I'm not the most graceful, so, that didn't always work out well, so I went to the device checker thingy, and tilted my controller and watched what numbers moved, then I added values to replicate my tilting it when in fact I wasn't, after that it was a matter of figuring out where to put these lines of code, once I figured that out, it was amazing, I'm getting damn near full boost every time, lol, but all this took me probably a year to figure out, lol, but it was cool when it worked, I also made a script for pool, I get between 99.6 and 100% accuracy at all times, I get some good text messages after people online see that, haha

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Headset ,2 controllers, Xbox One and ControllerMax - It works.

WORKS!!! THANK YOU

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I was hesitant to by the Cronusmax because there wasn't headset support through the controller. When I noticed this work around I ordered me one. I can't wait for it to come in!

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Just want to share that it works too with PS4. It's tricky but you can chat with someone while using the cronus max+. So an admin may change the title of this thread.

The main idea is to use the headset with the spare DS4 directly connected to the PS4.

What i did is the following:

Requirement:
    • 2 DS4 (It may work with a DS4 and another controller like xbox or DS3 but i didn't test it)
    • 1 cronus max+
    • 1 headset (i use my android headset) connected to the DS4
    • a PS4 ;-)
    • 2 PSN accounts (Acc_A and AAcc_B for example)

Process:
    1. Connect to your PS4 with your 1rst account (Acc_A) with the controller connected to your cronusmax+.
    2. Connect the 2nd DS4 directly to the PS4 (this one will have the headset on the controller) and select the 2nd account (Acc_B)
    3. Now with your account Acc_A create a chat party and invite your account Acc_B and all your friend you want to chitchat with.

For sure it's more complex than the last cronus product where every thing is included. But i have a previous version without "all battery included".

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jjinkou2 For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

But if you do this can you hear game sound and chat

I Am Error

User Info Menu

yes it's possible, i have done it while playing DOA5LR. I was on a party chat with both of my accounts and i could hear (both game sound and players' chat) and chat.

i tested also with only one PSN account and 2 controllers. You play with the one with the cronus max and you can still hear the game music and sound with the other controller. I

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Do I need to do this on Xbox one s to hear game in surround sound or just to chat/party?

i have tb ear force three headset that plugs into controller

thanks

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but you cannot do this on Xbox One X. The second controller that has the headset plugged in goes to sleep after X amount of minutes. I've only been using Cronus with a keyboard/mouse. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Way not aim assist in gamepack bf1 ps4.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

For those looking forward to use any headset, there's no need of doing weird methods anymore, u can now use Xbox App via Windows for party chat, I made a post here: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...orted-headsets!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234