Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To all of our disabled customers out there whom wish to use gamepacks.

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

To all of our disabled customers out there whom wish to use gamepacks.

We at ControllerMax appreciate that our magic little device makes it possible for our disabled customers to play their favourite games by remapping buttons to a place where they are able to use them.

We are also aware that for many of these users, this means they are unable to use the gamepacks as they cannot edit the button mappings within them.

I have decided that this is simply unacceptable and I will do my best to ensure that is no longer the case.

If you require button remaps and wish to take advantage of the many great gamepacks we have to offer, I am going to make that possible for you.

Simply let me know which gamepacks you wish to use and how I can remap the buttons within it to make it possible for you to use it and if possible, I will add your personal layout to the current gamepack.

If it isn't possible to add it to the current pack, I will create a gamepack just for you. You could see a gamepack listed with your name on it.

So, make your requests in this forum and I will do everything in my power to make our gamepacks functional for all.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

Mercenary

User Info Menu

Re: To all of our disabled customers out there whom wish to use gamepacks.

Wow, as a disabled gamer myself this means a lot. You guys rock!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvnative For This Useful Post:

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    Wow, as a disabled gamer myself this means a lot. You guys rock!
    You are welcome.

As I said, it is important to us that all of our customers can enjoy all the features of this device.

I'm increasing thinking about customer such as yourself and adding options to our gamepacks. Such as the Sixty Second Shooter pack.

If a person is unable to use both thumb sticks, they cannot play that game normally. So I put in an option so the game can be played with one stick.

If there is anything you need within a gamepack to make it useful to you, just squeak and I'll do what I can to make it happen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

Mercenary

User Info Menu

I can't think of anything at this moment as I use mostly custom scripts. But if I do I'll let ya know. Thanks!

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    I can't think of anything at this moment as I use mostly custom scripts. But if I do I'll let ya know. Thanks!
    Ok, if you need help with a custom script, post in this forum. I will help with them as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

As a disabled gamer as well, I just want to thank Controller Max for spending the time making a great device like the Cronus Max that allows me to still be competitive in MP by being able to use custom controllers with my Xbox One. Thank you so much!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimyTurt1e For This Useful Post:

Sacked

User Info Menu

I'm disabled too, and as the years go by, playing my favorite game gets harder and harder. If it wasn't for the CronusMax device and all of your help, I'd be miserable. Playing video games is my way of being like you, all my disabilities get forgotten, and I'm a regular person again, thank you all for all you do for me, and everyone else in a similar situation.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Hi there,

First, I want to say that this is the thread that persuaded my to purchase a CronusMax last week. After reading this, I felt really positive about the community and this made the purchase super easy. As someone that has gamed all of my life, my hands are degenerating and I find myself getting fatigued very easily and I am far less dexterous than I was previously.. this makes it extremely difficult to pull off specific movements (particularly combos) and can leave me frustrated.

I got my CronusMax on Saturday and have loved getting familiar with it, the software, and scripting. I was concerned I might find it difficult, as a noob, to get started but it really was (almost) plug and play.

So I want this message to do a few things:

1. To say thanks for a great product and for welcoming less able gamers!

2. To say hi to everyone, I hope to contribute and get involved in the forums. I had a bit of trouble signing in, as I had already registered back in 2013, which I cannot recollect. Maybe these forums are linked with another gaming site? Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you and seek out your advice.

3. To get a bit of feedback on my first script! I thought it would be best to give it a go before asking for help and was extremely delighted that I was able to get it to work! I have attached my script below and wouldn't mind anybody reviewing it and offering any constructive advice on best-practice. For example, do I need to reset the buttons?

4. I have two questions to help get me started scripting:

a. When I activate my combo, it loops. Can someone explain to me what I would need to do so that it doesn't loop? To be specific, I want to have an input (press LS and RS at the same time) and this will input the combo once then stop. I know I need to change the runCombo section of my code, but not sure as to what...

b. What are good benchmark times to use when experimenting with combos? When I was playing around with my combo, it took me some time playing around with the wait(x) values to get things to link. Does anyone have a rule of thumb that might help? For example, is wait(20) the fastest acceptable input and wait(800) around the typical time for a user input in a combo? Obviously no hard-and-fast rules, but some guidance to get me started would be great.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to contributing, scripting and learning!

Lumbo

My script for the first 'hard' trial in Street Figthter 4

Last edited by lumbo1; 25th May 15 at 07:18.

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

The combo loops because you are switching a variable between true and false. If you just want it to run once, you do not need the variable. Just do this;

As for the wait times, 40 ms is usually good for an input on most fighting games. 20 ms it usually too fast for the game to see. The wait time to the next input, is combo specific though. There is no real rule of thumb as each game is different but as you spend more time making combos for the same game, you'll get used to what it does and doesn't like.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Thanks for much for quick response, Kitty.. can't wait to get home later and try it without the variable!

Would it be better in future if I did my resets to wait(0) like this, or should I always allow the wait(20) -- which I picked up from looking at other people's scripts -- to give a small delay? Or, is this just preference and all will achieve the same result. Once I get into more complex combos, I want to make sure I am setting myself up right...

Or this....

Last edited by lumbo1; 25th May 15 at 07:27.

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

No, wait(0) will always produce wait(10) as that's the minimum. Which is far too quick. Try tapping you fingers at a speed of 10 milliseconds It's impossible for a human to press a button that quickly so it's certainly too fast for a game. I would always recccomend a minimum of 40ms for any wait time.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I'm also a disabled gamer. With the cronusmax I can play again. But I have a problem with Battlefield 4. I can't use the thumbsticks to walk or to aim because of my disability ( muscular dystrophy). My question is if someone can help me to solve my problem. This would be great because I love BF4.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

HI, I have Cerebral Palsy and I have really taken a liking to your guy's game pack black ops 3 CMPlus. It has not only made the game playable for me but enjoyable as well thank you so much. I was also wondering if its possible to remap buttons and use gamepacks together without them being in two different save slots? I have tried myself but cant seem to get it to work. All I want to do is make L3 do nothing because sometimes my hand tenses up and my thumb clicks it while i'm shooting and it causes me to melee on accident. I play on ps4 with ps4 controller my button layout is lefty. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mrniceguy; 16th January 16 at 07:29.

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrniceguy View Post
    HI, I have Cerebral Palsy and I have really taken a liking to your guy's game pack black ops 3 CMPlus. It has not only made the game playable for me but enjoyable as well thank you so much. I was also wondering if its possible to remap buttons and use gamepacks together without them being in two different save slots? I have tried myself but cant seem to get it to work. All I want to do is make L3 do nothing because sometimes my hand tenses up and my thumb clicks it while i'm shooting and it causes me to melee on accident. I play on ps4 with ps4 controller my button layout is lefty. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    I will ask @KittyDawn if that is possible.

The other way is to make you a custom script with all staff you want there.

You can use my application , it is stand alone app. that can generate code for you. You need to enable the mods you want to have and you can swap or remap buttons how you wish.

BLACK OPS III [ S.G.I.] SCRIPT GAME INTERFACE M&Kb

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

hi i was wondering if it was possible to get a custom ps4 crossover essentials gamepack with the ability to swap the triggers so i can aim with rt and shoot with lt in metal gear solid v the phantom pain? it would be easier for me to play the game thank you

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rebirth12 View Post
    hi i was wondering if it was possible to get a custom ps4 crossover essentials gamepack with the ability to swap the triggers so i can aim with rt and shoot with lt in metal gear solid v the phantom pain? it would be easier for me to play the game thank you
    @KittyDawn is the author of this gamepack so I will ask him for help.

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

I've added it to the pack already, just testing and manual ect to sort out. I'll let you know when the public pack is updated.

Edit - The pack is updated

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

hi could you make a rapid fire and no recoil on the L1 and R1 buttons for ps4????

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

What a great forum! I am the guardian of my autistic teen brother.

I would love to have a special gamepack for him. He's a HUGE basketball fan and loves the NBA 2k and NBA live series. I bought him a PS4 last year and he's been enjoying next gen gameplay ever since.
    He plays both NBA 2k16 and NBA 2k15 off and on throughout the day.

But this is where the issue comes into play. His reaction time is pretty slow, he's also not an advance player so it's hard for him to compete and go to the online modes with his PS4 buddies.

I have his sliders fixed on single player offline modes so he makes majority of his shots even if his timing is way off, which is usually all of the time.

The only thing is as soon as he plays modes like mycareer or tries to go to the online park (his favorite because he loves his customized player in the park clothes) everything goes back to default and he's back to missing almost all of his shots, i'd say 95% of them.

This is especially frustrating for him (sometimes ends in rages, hour long meltdowns, and broken controllers) he doesn't understand why he's missing the shots no matter how much I try to explain it. I just want him to be able to enjoy the game and have a social outlet.

He's homeschooled and doesn't really have friends outside of playstation. He's pretty shy in person and with his speech impairment he does not talk a lot. This is the most social he's ever been. Outside of his meltdowns he really loves the game and there is not one day that he does not play it.

I am buying the CRONUSMAX PLUS and I hope to get him some scripts that will give him an easier and more enjoyable experience.

I am mainly looking for one that no matter his timing when he pushes the square button he will have a perfect release shot. For example sometimes he holds the button too long, sometimes he pushes it too slow. It's never really the same from what I've observed.

He really doesn't grasp the concept of trying to get shot meter on the line every time, even after showing him over and over. It's the same with NBA live 16, he misses so many shots but loves their online summer circuit mode.

I am even willing to learn how to do scripting so he can enjoy more games. He likes Black Ops and The Division but I had to sell both games as he could not get any kills and the kids were just going crazy on him every time he joined a lobby.

NBA 2k17 is coming out next month, he's really looking forward to it. Hopefully by then I will understand CRONUSMAX PLUS and how everything works a little bit more.

I'm very dedicated to my brother having the best and most enjoyable gaming experience as possible. I feel that gaming has improved all aspects of his life.

I even grinded on the game a couple months straight just so he could reach legend status and be able to take his shirt off at the park. ( he wanted to do that for so long, I didn't have the time to do it for 2k15 ).
    I was working a lot more hours, but now that I work from home and can be here for him full time, I made sure he had the option for 2k16. It took around 1200 games I think, but was so worth it seeing his face light up when he saw that he could take his players shirt off.

I'm glad I found this forum. It feels great to see people care about disabled gamers. I hope I finally found a tool that will give my brother an easier and better gaming experience.

Thanks for your time.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingin For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Please help kingin little brother as you will be helping other costumers who play a lot of nba 2k as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast