Topic: Help with X-Input

Renegade

User Info Menu

Help with X-Input

What is it for? What does it do? When ever I put in anything from the 'Direct Input List' nothing happens. Experimented with the Left Stick only Xbox One Controller and Xbox One Console can someone help me set it up is this what its meant to be used for?

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Re: Help with X-Input

X-Input is a HID controller protocol from MS. It's for Xbox controllers on a PC. What are you talking about? The X-Input app? What are you trying to do with it and why do you think you need to use it?

Renegade

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    X-Input is a HID controller protocol from MS. It's for Xbox controllers on a PC. What are you talking about? The X-Input app? What are you trying to do with it and why do you think you need to use it?

If input all the correct 'Direct Input' in all spaces on the xbox one controller what are the benefits

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Are you using X-Aim?

Renegade

User Info Menu

Are you using X-Aim?
    Yes

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

What do you think X-Aim is for? It doesn't change anything with regards to the controller.

Renegade

User Info Menu

I assumed if you put in the DIrect Input from the List into the correct controller slots it woulds make it more responsive when using a mouse and keyboard

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

No, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. That's for forwarding controller outputs from something connected to your PC to your console. It has nothing to do with keyboard and mouse.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

User Info Menu

That's what I meant in my XIM4 post about cross-over gaming --- CM allows you to use any controller on basically any game, its a cross-over device.

You can hook up some odd-ball gaming controller like some driving wheel, or a flight stick, or anything that's on the list of supported controllers via Direct Input ---- and if CM authenticates to it, you can use it to play the game.

Imagine playing COD with a driving wheel....lol...i suppose it could be done :-)

You don't need Direct Input for keyboard and mouse..... Just use the X-AIM app and plug your computer into the side of the CM by its mini-USB.... after this, click the button on X-aim that says ENABLE CAPTURE MODE, once you do this, your mouse and keyboard are now in control of the buttons you set on the X-aim panel (for whatever on-screen controller you have it set up for)

When playing, keep the physical controller hooked up directly to the back of the CM, that way if you ever want to set your mouse and keyboard down, you can just pick up your controller and surf through the menus or whatever (or even play the game! )
    Last edited by RingKing; 20th April 15 at 19:25.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I used x-aim and mapped out a configuration for my t flight hotas x flight stick. I would like to be able to use it to play some flight sim games, including star wars battlefront, on the ps4 but I'm not understanding what the next step is in order to get the flight stick to work on the ps4. Any help is appreciated.

Swizzy's Avatar Swizzy

You would run X-Aim, have your CM connected to the PC via PC PROG on the side and the console via the output port along with your DS4 in the input port.

Your Hotas you would have connected to the pc, and selected in X-Aim

I Am Error

User Info Menu

No, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. That's for forwarding controller outputs from something connected to your PC to your console. It has nothing to do with keyboard and mouse.

X-aim is 100% for keyboard and mouse. You use x-aim to forward kb/m inputs to console as controller commands. You can make kb/m to any controller button you wish. It’s a very useful app