Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Compatible Bluetooth Adapters

Everything you need to know: http://cronusmax.com/bluetooth-adapters/

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Compatible Bluetooth Adapters

Hi,

Sorry if this is not in the right area, but I need help. I bought the CronusMax Bluetooth Adapter (ds3/ds4) from you guys and can't figure out how to make it work. I plugged it in to my ps3, it just says usb unrecognized device. I did not also buy the whole Cronus Max main product, because it was not made clear that that was necessary for it to work. Please help, and preferably tell me that this is not the case...

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

The bluetooth adaptor is for connecting a DS3, DS4 or Wii controller to the CronusMAX wirelessly, this is explained clearly and in detail on the website, in the manual, the videos and product description. The PS3 has built in bluetooth to connect to it's own controllers.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

But the PS3 does not have full compatibility with all wireless controllers, e.g. the PS4 Controller cannot use the PS button etc But simply don't understand how that makes sense. The CronusMax says it will connect the DS3/4/etc, so why would anyone need a separate dongle?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gxc999 View Post
    But the PS3 does not have full compatibility with all wireless controllers
    I know - so what do you think the CronusMAX is for? it makes all controllers compatible

As I explained to you, the bluetooth adapter is for using those controllers wirelessly with the CronusMAX.

You do not NEED it as you can connect them wired to a CM via a usb cable. It's an optional extra. Again this is all in the guides. Did you read any of the product info or watch any of our videos or ask any questions before making your purchase?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

There's a huge amount of information that explains what the bluetooth adapter is for

There's the main website that explains everything about the product

www.cronusmax.com

The page that explains all the features including what a Bluetooth adapter is needed for

http://cronusmax.com/cross-over-gaming/

The manual that explains everything about how to connect controllers to different consoles

http://cronusmax.com/manual/controllers.htm

Then there's all the videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/cronusmax/playlists

Hope that helps

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

First I wanted to say I am a big fan of the work you guys are doing, haven't bought a Cronus yet but I have been waiting for the perfect time. Seeing as I want an Xbox One controller on my PS4/PC.

Had a Quick question. Seeing that a New Xbox One controller is being released next week that has a 3.5 headphone jack, will this controller be compatible with your device. For wireless connectivity, they have a Dongle to plug in the PC. I know you guys won't really know until this controller is released but I just wanted to know if the headphone jack will work and also if the dongle will work with the CronusMax.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

@maxadmin I just got my CronusMax Plus it came with a bluetooth dongle in the package. Is this dongle bluetooth 2 or 4? On the plastic housing of the dongle it say CSR 4.0. But when I plugged it into windows and look at the hardware id it says 0A12:0001. So looking at the pages with the dongle it should be bluetooth 2, but it says bluetooth 4 on the metal part of the usb. Reason I'm trying to figure how good this bluetooth dongle is. I have a serious lag issue. When I'm sitting right in front of the dongle, about 3-4 feet away there is almost no lag. But when I'm sitting in an angle away from it about 3-4 feet it lags like crazy and I can't even play any game. Is there anything I can do to improve the signal? Is the dongle defective or should I upgrade the dongle?
    Last edited by CrazyFreak; 27th June 15 at 02:18.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

If it says CSR 4.0 then its obviously 4.0

I haven't had any problems with that particular dongle. If you want a better one we recommend this: http://shop.cronusmax.com/Cronus...ull-Speed.html

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    If it says CSR 4.0 then its obviously 4.0
    No, its not. Its CSR 2.0 + EDR version (LMP version 3.1958) which doesn't work properly on ps4.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

So if it's labelled CSR 4.0 and its a CSR 2.0 chipset then its obviously some crappy knock off. It's pretty obvious yes?

This is a genuine CSR 4.0

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I got my cronusmax with this Bluetooth dongle (one of yours recommended)
    Hardware ID (VID:PID): 0A12:0001
    Standard: Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
    Chipset: CSR
    Model: CronusMAX BT200

This dongle doesn't work properly on ps4, even when sitting at the front of the dongle. it lags like crazy as Crazyfreak already posted.