Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Xbox One Troubleshooting

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Xbox One Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting for Xbox One Consoles.

If you have problems with your Xbox One (no authentication, no activity, disconnects) then follow this method - it works every time - FIRST MAKE SURE YOUR FIRMWARE IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION (IF YOU ARE USING THE USB HUB METHOD IT HAS TO BE MINIMUM V1.20) and remember that your micro USB cable has to be good. If your controller doesn't like it, nothing will work, it will just keep flashing AU or just not connect. So many times i've had users adamant their cable was fine or that they tried multiple cables and it doesn't work. Trying multiple cables doesn't mean all your cables are good - it means they're all not good - usually not a full data cable - Remember this important point. There is also the possibility that the XB1 controller has a damaged Micro USB port, this is almost always the problem if authentication is sporadic - this will stop it from authenticating also.

METHOD 1 (USB HUB)

1. Remove the battery/charger pack from the Xbox One controller. Do not replace the batteries - they will never be needed.

2. Connect the Xbox One Controller to Port 1 of the USB Hub. Connect your Cross Over Controller (PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U Pro, Wii Mote) to Port 4 of the USB Hub (Wired or Bluetooth adapter). Connect USB Hub to the Input socket of the CronusMAX.

3a. Wired Crossover Controller: Plug CronusMAX into the XB1 - it will show AU on the LED. If the Controllers Xbox Button hasn't lit up - press it (Some hubs it will some it won't).

3b. Once the Xbox One Controller is powered up, the CronusMAX LED will now change to 0 and you're good to go.

4a. Wireless Crossover Controller: Plug CronusMAX into the XB1 - it will show AU on the LED. If the Controllers Xbox Button hasn't lit up - press it (Some hubs it will some it won't).

4b. Once the Crossover Controller is powered up and synced to the Bluetooth or Wireless Receiver, the CronusMAX LED will change to 0 and you're good to go
    (The PS3/PS4/Wii Controllers must have been previously paired with the USB Bluetooth while connected to Cronus Pro).

4. If on a power cycle the controller isn't authenticating, simply unplug the hub from the CronusMAX and plug back in again. Repeat Steps 3 (Wired) or 4 (Wireless)

METHOD 1 (NO USB HUB)

1. Disconnect the Xbox One controller from the XB1/CM and remove the battery/charger pack. Do not replace the batteries - they will never be needed. If you replace them you will probably run into problems.

2. Plug CM into the XB1 - it will show AU on the LED (Assuming that Automatic or XB1 was set as the output protocol in Cronus Pro)

3. Plug XB1 controller into the CM using the usb cable - again NO BATTERIES.

METHOD 2 (NO USB HUB)

1. Connect the Xbox One controller to the XB1/CM with the batteries connected.

2. When AU starts flashing on the CM led (Assuming that Automatic or XB1 was set as the output protocol in Cronus Pro), remove the battery/charger pack from the Xbox One controller. Do not replace the batteries.

3. The CM led should change to 0. Unplug the Xbox One controller. You can now plug in a Bluetooth adapter and pair up your PS3/PS4 controller wirelessly or connect a Microsoft wireless receiver and pair up an Xbox 360 wireless controller.

Proceed as normal for authentication / crossover / mods / scripts / gamepacks etc

How to do a Hard Reset if having issues with the above

1. Hard Reset your Xbox One - Ensure you have saved in game before proceeding!!:

• With the Xbox One sitting at the Home screen, press and hold the reset button for 7 seconds until the console powers off.
    • Switch off the mains supply to the Xbox One
    • Wait 30 seconds
    • Switch back on a wait for the console to boot - Note : It should take a lot longer to boot than usual

INFO

IF YOU ARE DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE CORRECTLY AND THE XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WILL STILL NOT AUTHORIZE, OR CONNECTS INTERMITTENTLY THEN EITHER YOUR USB CABLE IS FAULTY/NOT COMPATIBLE OR THE USB PORT ON YOUR CONTROLLER IS DAMAGED.

One final note. I see many people (especially on YouTube) say they have tried everything or that they have read everything and not found the answer. False. The answer is on this page

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Xbox One Troubleshooting

Thank you, as ever your customer service is spot on, worked straight away:cool2:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to klayto1631 For This Useful Post:

johnniedyer's Avatar johnniedyer

Worked first time - thanks !

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Confirmed works as instructed

simo2920's Avatar simo2920

Great customer service as always Works like a champ - thanks MAX!

Neil25369's Avatar Neil25369

Another +1 here - stopped working when the update hit but this fixed it straight away - thanks guys

Tony Digital's Avatar Tony Digital

+1 works for me too

steve0564's Avatar steve0564

works as expected

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I got the CM to authenticate my XB1 controller a handful of times but only after jiggling the micro USB cable to the XB1 controller. The bent pin to which I am referring may be the female USB portion of the CM (not the mini USB used to connect to the computer).

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I am trying to get the PS4 DS4 pad to work on the Xbox One. I want it to work WIRED. I have a Cronus Max Pro Plus and did the device settings. All of the authentication works fine, even when I finally plug in the DS4, but when I press any buttons nothing happens. I did the hold options (or share button) + PS button as well. I've been a Cronus user for over 2 years now and never had any problems. Is there different settings I need to use when I want to use it wired? I just followed the official set up video which is focused more on the wireless use with the Bluetooth adapter. Thanks in advance.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordanstrasberg View Post
    I am trying to get the PS4 DS4 pad to work on the Xbox One. I want it to work WIRED. I have a Cronus Max Pro Plus and did the device settings. All of the authentication works fine, even when I finally plug in the DS4, but when I press any buttons nothing happens. I did the hold options (or share button) + PS button as well. I've been a Cronus user for over 2 years now and never had any problems. Is there different settings I need to use when I want to use it wired? I just followed the official set up video which is focused more on the wireless use with the Bluetooth adapter. Thanks in advance.
    Did you read the original post? You have to remove the batteries from the Xbox One controller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blaster View Post
    I got the CM to authenticate my XB1 controller a handful of times but only after jiggling the micro USB cable to the XB1 controller. The bent pin to which I am referring may be the female USB portion of the CM (not the mini USB used to connect to the computer).
    This means there is a dry solder joint / loose connection in your CM. It is damaged and needs replacing if under warranty.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

In my case it authenticated but did not work. the reason was i had manually set my device type to xbox360 and it was sending 360 output to xboxone.. I had done this and forgot to set it back.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to infamousdjcdc For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Added a how-to video

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

after 10 minutes my controller stops working when it's not plugged into the PC, is there a way to eliminate that? i'd look around but i need to figure out forums a little bit lol

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wesmiley View Post
    after 10 minutes my controller stops working when it's not plugged into the PC, is there a way to eliminate that? i'd look around but i need to figure out forums a little bit lol
    have you read the manual?

This particular thread is regarding Xbox One - are you using a PS4 by any chance?

Manual: http://cronusmax.com/manual/

Video Guides: http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/videos/

Forum Search: http://cronusmax.com/forums/search.php

Hint: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147099

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    have you read the manual?

This particular thread is regarding Xbox One - are you using a PS4 by any chance?

Manual: http://cronusmax.com/manual/

Video Guides: http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/videos/

Forum Search: http://cronusmax.com/forums/search.php

Hint: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147099
    yeah i'm using a ps4, i figured xbox one people had the same issues.. maybe i'm wrong lol

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Yes you're wrong - read the instructions - i gave you all the links

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

thanks for the easy to follow videos! Works like a charm

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuby42 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tuby42 View Post
    thanks for the easy to follow videos! Works like a charm
    Thanks!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Not getting out of AU.... Wont read my controller i think im not getting the 0

edit: also my console restarts everytime i plug cm into it
    Last edited by Andytgod; 4th September 15 at 13:05.