Topic: Forza 5 GamePack & Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Forza 5 GamePack & Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel

I've installed the Forza 5 GamePack and everything seems to work all right. But the steering itself is very wired. I compare it with Forza 4 (where I used this controller all the time) and the steering seems to get worse the faster you drive. The maximum deflection seems to get smaller the faster you drive. I understand this behavior with the controller because you would not be able to steer the car without loosing it. But with the wheel I just have to steer too much at high speed to get a proper steering result. Is there anything that could be done here? I understand that the wheel is recognized as a controller and not as a wheel but I still hope there is a way to get better steering results.
    Has anybody recognized something similar?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Forza 5 GamePack & Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel

Right now I'm playing Forza 6 with the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.
    I was able to adjust the dead-zone settings in the Adapter and the outer deadzone settings in Forza. It feels pretty good right now.

I would like to improve the force feedback with this wheel. Is it possible to edit the Forza Gamepack somehow? If yes I would like to try to improve the force feedback experience.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi there

Would please share your settings?
    I'm using the forza 5 pack with the forza 6 game.
    Layout 10 (because of rewind button is on 'Y') an remapped shifting to A&B buttons.

Only thing is, that in the menus you have to gold both triggers for 3secs to have "B"-button working.

These are my settings.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi
    I'm trying to set for 2 days now but still not the best. Can easily feel the difference when I'm drifting as I did on Forza 4 on Xbox360.
    I'm playing Forza 6 with the Forza 5 with MS Speed wheel setting 2.0 (the script only, not the gamepack). Rumbles and lights are working properly.
    The wheel turns in game faster but still not correct when sideways, it is still hard to maintain between full lock and light correction - seems like deadspots change!).
    Also turning the steering mode to normal instead of simulation makes it faster response - for you too?
    Do you have any suggestions how to make/tune it better?
    At the moment inside deadzone 0, outside 100.
    On FM4 default settings were amazing and full accurate.
    Last edited by yesimxev; 12th March 17 at 09:23.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Did a research and found out that the Speed Sensitive Steering / Friction Sensitive Steering messes up the story, as we are converting the X360 wheel to X1 pad. Is there a way to get cronusmax output act like a wheel? AFAIK if you have a wheel plugged in, the SSS/FSS is getting disabled (or getting overwritten by wheel), and you have full control (so you can throw the car lock to lock with a spin on the wheel).

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Got used to it.. normal steering only.. sim steering is way too slow from lock to lock - impossible with MS Speed wheel!
    Turned out FM6 is closer to reality - FM4 with MS Speed wheel was unrealistic in terms of lock to lock in 0.2s (as fast as you moved the wheel) - realised