Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Connecting Controllers to PS4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 Using a USB Hub & CronusMAX PLUS

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Connecting Controllers to PS4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 Using a USB Hub & CronusMAX PLUS

So, how does this work?

It’s really very simple. You connect the two controllers to the USB hub depending on which console you are using (see PS4, XBOX ONE & XBOX 360 methods below), plug in the USB Hub’s cable into the CronusMAX PLUS and then plug the CronusMAX PLUS into the console. Erm, yeah – that’s it.

The CronusMAX PLUS is reading the USB Hub….

The controller is authenticated and you’re ready to game!

PLAYSTATION 4
    1. Connect the authorization controller (Dualshock 4 via micro USB cable) to USB Hub Port 4.
    2. Connect the crossover gaming controller (Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U Pro, Wiimote) to USB Hub Port 1.

XBOX ONE

[LIST=1][*]Connect the authorization controller (Xbox One via micro USB cable – remove any batteries) to USB Hub Port 1.[*]Connect the crossover gaming controller (PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U Pro, Wiimote) to USB Hub Port 4.[*]If you have issues with Xbox One - here's a Click Here[/SIZE]

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Re: Connecting Controllers to PS4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 Using a USB Hub & CronusMAX PL

Is it necessary or I can use an extension usb cable ? That's because my CM updated to FW 1.20 keeps disconnecting every 10 min. How to solve this ?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Connecting Controllers to PS4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 Using a USB Hub & CronusMAX PL

Just like the video and guides state, use a USB hub and no you cannot just use an extension cable. Either tha or enabled partial PS4 cross over support.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Ok thanks but my CM can't fit in my PS4 usb port because it's a V1, so can I use an extension cable to fit it in my PS4 then plug a hub in CM then the controllers in the hub ports ? I'm from Italy, so which one I have to buy ? I buy very often from Amazon ! Thanks

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kenshiroz86 View Post
    Ok thanks but my CM can't fit in my PS4 usb port because it's a V1, so can I use an extension cable to fit it in my PS4 then plug a hub in CM then the controllers in the hub ports ? I'm from Italy, so which one I have to buy ? I buy very often from Amazon ! Thanks
    Yes, in this way: plug Extension to PS4, plug CM (output) to extension, plug Hub usb to CM (input)
    But the question is: How did you update a V1 to firmware 1.20?
    Last edited by LEX LOST; 22nd November 15 at 09:33.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

I did the procedure with the serial number to upgrade to CM PLUS FW and worked very well, so now I want to use the last fw, so which hub I have to buy ?

EDIT : So you are from Rome and I live in Florence, which hub do u think is the best to buy and where in Italy ?
    Last edited by kenshiroz86; 22nd November 15 at 09:39.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

I did the procedure with the serial number to upgrade to CM PLUS FW and worked very well, so now I want to use the last fw, so which hub I have to buy ?

EDIT : So you are from Rome and I live in Florence, which hub do u think is the best to buy and where in Italy ?
    Credo che tu sia il primo ad esserci riuscito con un V1, sei molto fortunato!
    questi sono gli HUB verificati : Tested / Compatible USB Hubs
    ma non escluso che tu ne abbia uno compatibile a casa

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Mi sa che sono fortunato 2 volte..... sto testando un hub che mi sono ritrovato casualmente e non si sta disconnettendo da circa mezz'ora...... ed ha solo 2 porte usb ! Ora ne testo un altro con 4 porte, comunque per ora sta andando tutto bene ! La domanda adesso : ha la stessa risposta di un pad PS4 in termini di lag ? Perch gli altri firmware laggavano e io in teoria dovrei comprare uno stick PS4 per giocare a Street Fighter 5 che mi viene 200 euro..... e volevo trovare soluzioni economiche visto che comunque possiedo il Cronus da qualche anno e non vorrei smettere di usarlo.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Mi sa che sono fortunato 2 volte..... sto testando un hub che mi sono ritrovato casualmente e non si sta disconnettendo da circa mezz'ora...... ed ha solo 2 porte usb ! Ora ne testo un altro con 4 porte, comunque per ora sta andando tutto bene ! La domanda adesso : ha la stessa risposta di un pad PS4 in termini di lag ? Perch gli altri firmware laggavano e io in teoria dovrei comprare uno stick PS4 per giocare a Street Fighter 5 che mi viene 200 euro..... e volevo trovare soluzioni economiche visto che comunque possiedo il Cronus da qualche anno e non vorrei smettere di usarlo.
    le connessioni sono wired e non dovresti superare di molto i 4ms (millisecondi) di latenza.
    Quello con 2 porte perfetto (anche perche x quelli a 4 porte devi seguire uno schema numerico)
    Sui figthstick non sono un esperto, ma dovresti poter usare anche quelli old gen

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Here's the noob again 😜 My usb hub doesn't show which is port 1 or port 4. Any way to figure that out? Kind regards

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wattman View Post
    Here's the noob again  My usb hub doesn't show which is port 1 or port 4. Any way to figure that out? Kind regards
    here for the numbers: USB port numbers were correct

and here for the entire procedure: USB Hub Troubleshooting
    Last edited by LEX LOST; 23rd November 15 at 10:53.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Hey guys and girls, firstly I would just like to commend you on such an awesome product and the service and help that comes with it.

Now, my issue. I've followed the setup instructions and USB hub troubleshooting to a tee and I keep running into the exact same issue, the XB1 Elite controller just stops responding after about 10mins, no message of the controller being disconnected or anything. For that first 10mins the controller works flawlessly so there's no issue with the cables, USB hub or CM+ but it appears to be the authorization issue that occurred before the hub workaround.

When the controller stops responding the CM+ still shows 0 and the PS4 and XB1 controllers are still being powered by the hub but I need to pull the CM+ from the console and reinsert it to get the controllers working again until 10mins later, when it stops responding again.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JediJonesy777 View Post
    Hey guys and girls, firstly I would just like to commend you on such an awesome product and the service and help that comes with it.

Now, my issue. I've followed the setup instructions and USB hub troubleshooting to a tee and I keep running into the exact same issue, the XB1 Elite controller just stops responding after about 10mins, no message of the controller being disconnected or anything. For that first 10mins the controller works flawlessly so there's no issue with the cables, USB hub or CM+ but it appears to be the authorization issue that occurred before the hub workaround.

When the controller stops responding the CM+ still shows 0 and the PS4 and XB1 controllers are still being powered by the hub but I need to pull the CM+ from the console and reinsert it to get the controllers working again until 10mins later, when it stops responding again.

Your usb cable from the HUB to DS4 isn't providing data and only power by the sounds of it. The DS4 shouldn't power up. If anything, it should only show orange for a bit to say it is charging. If it shows any of colour, you have problems. Blue or Red would indicate that it has connected with the console vie bluetooth and that would be due to it not connecting to the CM, again due to no data connection between it and the CronusMAX.

If you are using the USB cable which came with your PS4, don't. Sony provide the cheapest cables they possible can. The one that came with my PS4 doesn't work at all, it doesn't even charge the controller!

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDawn View Post
    Your usb cable from the HUB to DS4 isn't providing data and only power by the sounds of it. The DS4 shouldn't power up. If anything, it should only show orange for a bit to say it is charging. If it shows any of colour, you have problems. Blue or Red would indicate that it has connected with the console vie bluetooth and that would be due to it not connecting to the CM, again due to no data connection between it and the CronusMAX.

If you are using the USB cable which came with your PS4, don't. Sony provide the cheapest cables they possible can. The one that came with my PS4 doesn't work at all, it doesn't even charge the controller!
    Cheers Kitty. I'll switch to a different cable and see how that goes although I'm not using the one that came with the PS4

I'll report back, thanks again.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Hi^^ yesterday I played Battlefront on my PS4 using a Xbox One controller with no problems and never disconnection. My question now is : can I switch to tournament mode and use fw 1.20 with all features at the same time ? This is because of SFV that will be out in mid february. Thanks

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Hi^^ yesterday I played Battlefront on my PS4 using a Xbox One controller with no problems and never disconnection. My question now is : can I switch to tournament mode and use fw 1.20 with all features at the same time ? This is because of SFV that will be out in mid february. Thanks
    Yes, you can still use a USB hub in tournament mode.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Got my issue sorted by changing micro USB cables. Thanks Kitty!!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey I've been having some serious issues with this thing for around 4 hours now. I've followed so many guidelines and its just not working out. Every time I plug my USB hub into the CM then the PS4 controller in port 4, and Xbox one in port 1 (Because I'm trying to use the Xbox one controller on my PS4) it keeps flashing AU. Can not get past this to have it just set to either 0 or a profile number. Please help

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JediJonesy777 View Post

Same here .. Im going to try a new cable
    Last edited by Kinkyc90; 15th December 15 at 21:05.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

When connected to the usb hub my Cronus flashes "E" despite the fact that I'm using a usb hub as recommended from this forum?