Topic: USB Hub Troubleshooting

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up USB Hub Troubleshooting

Here's a troubleshooting checklist only if you're having issues with your USB Hub and CronusMAX PLUS

First make sure you are updated to at least Firmware 1.20 and have read the instructions HERE

Did you make sure that PS4 Partial Cross Over support was disabled in Cronus Pro? This is very important.
    Did you make sure that the USB port numbers were correct? This is very important.
    Did you set the device output in Cronus Pro to AUTOMATIC?
    Is Cronus Pro detecting your CronusMAX as v1.10 or v1.20? If it's v1.10 the USB Hub Feature will not be supported with your CM Hardware.
    The PS4 controller has to be connected to Port 4 of the USB Hub by a full data micro USB cable. It's possible your cable could be faulty or not full data.
    The Xbox One controller has to be connected to Port 1 of the USB Hub by a full data micro USB cable. It's possible your cable could be faulty or not full data.
    The Xbox 360 controller has to be a wired controller - not a wireless controller with a play and charge kit.
    If your Xbox One controller is taking longer than usual to authenticate (CronusMAX LED spinning animation) double tap or hold down the Xbox Button - it will authenticate in a couple of seconds (CronusMAX LED changes to 0)
    Try connecting the crossover controller to Port 3 of the USB Hub.
    Try connecting the CronusMAX PLUS into the console first - wait a few seconds - then connect the USB Hub. You must do this before AU appears on the CronusMAX LED or you'll have to reconnect the CronusMAX.
    Remember that console power cycles must be done by the power button on the console, not by the controller.
    Check the USB Hub Non-Working List & Working List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

tom-tom's Avatar tom-tom

Re: USB Hub Troubleshooting

If only users read this first before posting their hub issues - every question i've seen so far has been answered here - nice list

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tom-tom For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Ive tried to use the Targus ACH114US to use a xbox 1 controller on PS4 however its the EU version of the USB hub (has EU at the end instead of US) Could this be a problem or am I just making a mistake somewhere else in the setup?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamzee View Post
    Ive tried to use the Targus ACH114US to use a xbox 1 controller on PS4 however its the EU version of the USB hub (has EU at the end instead of US) Could this be a problem or am I just making a mistake somewhere else in the setup?
    Well, it's kinda hard to tell you without knowing the problem you're facing... and please, don't just say "it doesn't work" as that's essentially the same as not saying anything

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I must say this was a very helpful article. I have one last piece to add for those who are like me and went through the list and found that nothing worked. My problem turned out to be faulty wires. I could not find any significant articles that tell how to know if your cables are bad. Therefore I had to go through a process of elimination. Before you go out and buy anything, do a basic hook up without using the USB. That way you can check each line to see if it is working or not. After going through all four of my cables I found that two of them were not working at all. After I found two good wires, I then went through the main list that has been provided and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the post, it really came in handy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extgreen For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I am trying to use an xbox one controller for my PS4. i have it hooked up to the USB as shown in the diagram to the USB hub from your store front and usb cables from your store front as well. It seems that the cronus max plus is not re-authenticating my xbox controller for some reason and stops responding every 5-10 minuets to the xbox controller. I am not sure what is causing this i dont have any issues on xbox one when i use the cronus so cables are not the issue. I also have the partial pass through disabled as the post suggests. any help would be great.

i would also like to add that i am trying to use the PS4 remote on a guest account to be able to chat. is that what is giving me the issue?
    Last edited by foxxtrott8810; 11th January 16 at 00:40.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I am using a 2.0 usb port. I am on ps4 using the xbox1 controller. I plug the xb1 controller into port 1 on the usb hub and the ps4 controller into port 4 on the usb hub. Everything runs smoothly up to about 10 minutes. The xbox1 controller will not disconnect but it will internally go dead as the light on the controller stays on. A notification does not show in the top left of the screen of the TV saying the controller has been disconnected, but the ps4 will not respond to the xb1 controllers buttons being pressed or sticks being moved. Do you understand what I mean? Send me an email @ slimmitch.mn@gmail.com or reply here. Thank you.

I have the same exact problem as you. Did you ever fix it? @foxxtrott8810

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Simply just follow the instructions in the manual as I expect you have missed step 1 and that's the problem - http://cronusmax.com/manual/wired_cr..._a_usb_hub.htm

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Im using the amazon version of your number one rated usb hub with my ps4 . I cant get it to authenticate . If i plug it in directly it works fine so i know its not the usb cable. yes it is plugged into port 4 up by the cable. Any thoughts?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pinscher View Post
    Im using the amazon version of your number one rated usb hub with my ps4 . I cant get it to authenticate . If i plug it in directly it works fine so i know its not the usb cable. yes it is plugged into port 4 up by the cable. Any thoughts?
    Did you check that the port you connected it to actually is the 4:th port? and how did you connect it all?

The hub needs to be connected to the CM and not the console, you also need to connect the hub and both controllers to the CM before you power on the CM (before it's plugged into the console), You also need to be on firmware 1.20 or later for it to work in the first place...

You cannot start the console with the DS4 controller as it'll make it communicate with the console directly over bluetooth instead of with the CM over USB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I know its port 4 because you have pics of the ports. I tried it in all of the ports and it does not work. I followed all of the steps that you mentioned. It will authenticate fine without the usb hub. I am using the hub in the first picture of your "Known to work" usb hubs. I just got it last night , the first thing i did was update the firmware from the program on your website.

I got it to work, I have a usb extension to the xbox controller that seems to be the problem. Thanks for your help good sir.
    Last edited by Swizzy; 10th February 16 at 18:46. Reason: Double post, use the edit function

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pinscher View Post
    I know its port 4 because you have pics of the ports. I tried it in all of the ports and it does not work. I followed all of the steps that you mentioned. It will authenticate fine without the usb hub. I am using the hub in the first picture of your "Known to work" usb hubs. I just got it last night , the first thing i did was update the firmware from the program on your website.

I got it to work, I have a usb extension to the xbox controller that seems to be the problem. Thanks for your help good sir.
    Just because we have pics of it doesn't mean that every single unit is laid out exactly the same way, they may have internal revisions that differ slightly, which means you should check the actual ports with the software explained here: http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151245 when having an issue with the known good USB Hubs

Good thing you managed so solve the issue tho

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Suddenly my HUB support doesn't work anymore. I have 2 hubs and they did work fine.

It now gives a 3 or reverse E.

If i connect the XB1 controller direct to the CM to the PS4 it works i can play but the CM keeps spinning AU for ever!

Why is that?
    Last edited by Dahomisec; 18th February 16 at 15:21.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dahomisec View Post
    Suddenly my HUB support doesn't work anymore. I have 2 hubs and they did work fine.

It now gives a 3 or reverse E.

If i connect the XB1 controller direct to the CM to the PS4 it works i can play but the CM keeps spinning AU for ever!

Why is that?
    The Spinning AU is because the XB1 controller cannot authenticate to the PS4 (it's not a PS4 controller)

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

It's an E, you are looking at the display upside down. E means the connected usb device was not recognised.

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

First i could use it normally (partial support) (choosing an program stored in a slot) but now suddenly it keeps spinning AU and not able to use the programs.

Options are still the same

And the when using with the same hubs as before (full support) its a no go. Pretty weird.

Trying to figure out what could be the case but its doesn't make sense
    Last edited by Dahomisec; 19th February 16 at 05:47.

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Issue update

It was spinning AU, O and slot nr after each other.
    I returned the CM back to the store and got a new one.

Now everything works again.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahomisec For This Useful Post:

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tom-tom View Post
    If only users read this first before posting their hub issues - every question i've seen so far has been answered here - nice list
    If only users weren't so arrogant in assuming other users haven't tried all the aforementioned solutions in the troubleshoot. I have tried EVERY damn suggestion in this troubleshooting page, the online manual, and the forums here in general and NOTHING works - my USB hub (an official CronusMax branded USB hub) DOES NOT WORK! The Cronusmax just hangs on AU indefinitely.

So stop acting like the problem is with us when it's clearly the product.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Wow
    Last edited by brazylegend; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:46.