These official mouse tuning guides will show you how to setup your Mice software settings, Cronus Pro X-AIM settings and In-game settings so that they work to perfection - as played by our own team of professionals.
[SIZE=5]Mouse: Cronus PRO then upgrade your CronusMAX PLUS to the latest Firmware
I highly recommend running the Cronus Scrubber first. This will erase any trace of a previous installation and start your Cronus install from a clean slate.
With the latest X-AIM (v1.11+), you no longer have to disconnect the PS4 controller (once it has authenticated) or have it connected to a USB hub before you start to tune your mouse settings. By default the values from the CM Input are now blocked. This is very important - it's so that no values are read from the controller and everything starts from zero. Before this new feature was introduced, many users were tuning their mouse with the controller still connected and wondering why their mouse was sluggish when turning one way and not the other, or only turned left and not right. This was because their analog stick was not sitting at zero and was affecting the mouse output.
This feature cures that. You can also disable the feature so that the controller Input can be read (if you want to use mouse and controller at the same time). Naturally you should do this AFTER you have tuned your mouse.
Simply untick these options in X-AIM:
You first need to get your DPI, Polling Rate, and Mouse Layout set up correctly.
Create a profile in the Logitech Gaming Software to match the one shown below:
- Take note of the mouse buttons that have been re-mapped to a keypress (in this case numbers 0, 8 and 9) - as the default functions change your DPI and Mouse Profile which you don't want to do.
- Assign your Default DPI to 2400
- DPI Shift can be any number you choose, but should ALWAYS be lower than your Default DPI
- Assign your Polling Rate to 500
PC SOFTWARE SETTINGS
CRONUS PRO (X-AIM) SETTINGS
Create a new X-AIM layout and map your keys like so:
You can of course choose any layout you like, however this is one I recommend for this game. If you have any issues setting up X-AIM, follow these instructions: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147133
EXTRA: Add this GPC script to the new X-AIM layout if you wish to have a toggle ADS, with the ability to adjust your ADS sensitivity: http://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=2644
Configure your mouse settings in X-AIM (Layout options > Mouse Settings)
Match the mouse settings in your layout to look EXACTLY like the image below:
Remember to match your Mouse DPI to the default DPI you set in the Logitech Gaming Software (in this case 2400). This is VERY important.
* If your mouse feels too sensitive, you can lower the sensitivity in MOUSE SETTINGS. Lower this value by 1 digit at a time, until it feels good to you.
IN GAME SETTINGS
The final step is to open the in-game options menu, and raise your sensitivity settings to the maximum.
- NEVER lower the in-game sensitivity when playing with a mouse. This will cause a delay with your mouse and give you a "lag" feeling.
- Keep your Button Layout set as the DEFAULT configuration.
Feel free to leave comments and feedback below. We'd also love to hear your suggestions if you made any adjustments to these settings.