Topic: Logitech G502 - Overwatch - PLAYSTATION 4

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Logitech G502 - Overwatch - PLAYSTATION 4

These official mouse tuning guides will show you how to setup your Mice software settings, Cronus Pro X-AIM settings and In-game settings so that they work to perfection - as played by our own team of professionals.

[SIZE=5]Mouse: Cronus PRO then upgrade your CronusMAX PLUS to the latest Firmware

I highly recommend running the Cronus Scrubber first. This will erase any trace of a previous installation and start your Cronus install from a clean slate.

INFO

With the latest X-AIM (v1.11+), you no longer have to disconnect the PS4 controller (once it has authenticated) or have it connected to a USB hub before you start to tune your mouse settings. By default the values from the CM Input are now blocked. This is very important - it's so that no values are read from the controller and everything starts from zero. Before this new feature was introduced, many users were tuning their mouse with the controller still connected and wondering why their mouse was sluggish when turning one way and not the other, or only turned left and not right. This was because their analog stick was not sitting at zero and was affecting the mouse output.

This feature cures that. You can also disable the feature so that the controller Input can be read (if you want to use mouse and controller at the same time). Naturally you should do this AFTER you have tuned your mouse.

Simply untick these options in X-AIM:

You first need to get your DPI, Polling Rate, and Mouse Layout set up correctly.

Create a profile in the Logitech Gaming Software to match the one shown below:

1. Take note of the mouse buttons that have been re-mapped to a keypress (in this case numbers 0, 8 and 9) - as the default functions change your DPI and Mouse Profile which you don't want to do.
    2. Assign your Default DPI to 2400
    3. DPI Shift can be any number you choose, but should ALWAYS be lower than your Default DPI
    4. Assign your Polling Rate to 500

PC SOFTWARE SETTINGS

CRONUS PRO (X-AIM) SETTINGS

Create a new X-AIM layout and map your keys like so:
    You can of course choose any layout you like, however this is one I recommend for this game. If you have any issues setting up X-AIM, follow these instructions: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147133

EXTRA: Add this GPC script to the new X-AIM layout if you wish to have a toggle ADS, with the ability to adjust your ADS sensitivity: http://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=2644

Configure your mouse settings in X-AIM (Layout options > Mouse Settings)
    Match the mouse settings in your layout to look EXACTLY like the image below:

Remember to match your Mouse DPI to the default DPI you set in the Logitech Gaming Software (in this case 2400). This is VERY important.

* If your mouse feels too sensitive, you can lower the sensitivity in MOUSE SETTINGS. Lower this value by 1 digit at a time, until it feels good to you.

IN GAME SETTINGS

The final step is to open the in-game options menu, and raise your sensitivity settings to the maximum.

1. NEVER lower the in-game sensitivity when playing with a mouse. This will cause a delay with your mouse and give you a "lag" feeling.
    2. Keep your Button Layout set as the DEFAULT configuration.

Feel free to leave comments and feedback below. We'd also love to hear your suggestions if you made any adjustments to these settings.
    Last edited by GL0ZZ3N; 5th July 16 at 13:07.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Logitech G502 - Overwatch - PLAYSTATION 4

As much as we like to encourage you to create layouts and tune the mouse settings yourself, you can also download the actual layout file used in the guide above that you can easily import into X-AIM - complete with the gpc script, all ready to go

Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Thanks for this. I'm still having some issues with these settings though All my movements feel floaty and I can't figure it out.

Does anyone have any idea or perhaps a different set of settings I can try?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeSh1ne View Post
    Thanks for this. I'm still having some issues with these settings though All my movements feel floaty and I can't figure it out.

What do you mean with "floaty"?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

You haven't specified what your mouse and console is - these settings are for the Logitech G502 and a PS4 (I'm assuming that's what you have?). Also not sure what you mean by "floaty".

Make sure you have changed your X-AIM.cfg settings to the following also....

; Don't change these settings unless you know what you are doing
    SamplingCount=400
    SamplingTime=20
    ScrollWheelTiming=120
    MouseUpdateFrequency=1
    KeyboardUpdateFrequency=1
    DirectInputUpdateFrequency=1

Also to fine tune your settings - here is the video from the manual

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

I've been working on alternate mouse settings that work better with characters such as Soldier72, D.va, and Tracer I'll post them shortly

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

UPDATE:

Hey guys, after reading over y'alls feedback of the settings (here, on youtube and by private message), I've tried to cater to your needs and adjust the settings to compensate for the "clunky" feeling that was described, and to fix the " Have to move the mouse way too much" issues. I went through the settings again and COMPLETELY re-did everything to allow for a more responsive aim and better navigation around the maps. If you are using the previously posted settings and are not happy with the feel of your mouse, give these a shot. I personally think they're 100x better, and I'm racking up more eliminations than ever before.
    Also added a video of me playing the game so you can see my mouse in action - as you can see ZERO LAG, awesome response, kickass eliminations

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

how do you change your x-aim cfg settings?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by realheated1 View Post
    how do you change your x-aim cfg settings?
    You edit the text file in %appdata%\Cronus\Plugins named "X-Aim.cfg"

Sent from my SM-G903F

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm using all the hardware covered in this guide. I'm trying the new settings posted by OP and they seem to be better. I'll test it for a bit and see if they're to my liking.

I honestly have no idea what to expect when using the Cronusmax, perhaps I'll never get the true 1:1 feeling, so maybe my expectations are too high. Again thanks for the help.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Make sure you download and install the latest Cronus PRO v1.10 then upgrade your CronusMAX PLUS to the latest v1.21 Firmware

I highly recommend running the Cronus Scrubber first.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey, thanks allot for this post, I was wondering though, why does everyone on this forum use 500hz polling rate over 1000hz polling rate for the cronusmax plus?
    Last edited by realheated1; 30th July 16 at 18:53.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Thanks for the mouse configuration!

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

FYI, with the latest patch, there were some changes made to the controls. I think you if you choose Exponential Ramp as opposed to the new Dual Zone under advanced you should see similar results.

Perhaps OP can update the config for those who desire to use the new option.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quatro27 View Post
    Thanks for the mouse configuration!
    Thanks from me too. Finally got my mouse working just right.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

When i try to fix my CFG i find this instead...

[WINDOW]
    Top=309
    Left=259
    [CEMU]
    MouseDPI=2400
    LayoutIndex=23
    EscOnlyExit=0
    [DIRECTINPUT]
    Enabled=0
    DevName=
    DevGUID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    XInput=0
    ForceFeedBack=0
    DeadZone=0

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I noticed that realheated1 asked about the configurations using a 500hz polling rate instead of 1000. I was curious about this too. Does anybody know why?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey, so not sure if this is a common issue, but when looking from left to right, or up and down, I happen to come to a stop and have to readjust my position whilst aiming. Is this a normal thing to run into? Is there a way to "glide"? Not sure if what PC I'm using can be an issue, currently using a 2015 iMac 21.5 inch.