Topic: PS4 Disconnecting? FOLLOW THIS GUIDE!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up PS4 Disconnecting? FOLLOW THIS GUIDE!!!

Does your PS4 timeout or randomly disconnect? Your DualShock 4 is probably still paired to your PS4 and not authorizing correctly through the CronusMAX and/or USB Hub.

This happens when users turn the PS4 console on with the DualShock 4 controller or accidentally power up the controller before connecting it to the USB Hub > CronusMAX.

Basically, the DualShock 4 is still wirelessly paired to the console from when it was previously being used - so of course the data from the controller is not passing through the USB hub via USB cable. All you need to do is unpair the controller from the PS4.

The instructions are simple:

First make sure your Cronus PRO software is the latest version (at least 1.20) - there have been a large number of fixes since the last release.

Connect your DS4 controller to a CronusMAX with a micro USB cable - then connect the CronusMAX to the PS4 and power on using the console's power button.

On the PS4, go to: Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > then select the controller > Forget Device

There is also a reset button on the back of newer model controllers that will remove all paired settings and set it to factory default status. (You still need to do the above).

1. Turn off the PlayStation 4.
    2. Locate the small reset button on the back of the DualShock 4 near the L2 shoulder button.
    3. Use a small, unfolded paper-clip or something similar to push the button (the button is inside a tiny hole). Hold the button down for a couple of seconds and release.

If you are using a PS4 PRO console and a DualShock V2 (CUH-ZCT2U) you will also need to go into the settings and tell your controller to work over USB only and also to disable the controller's power saving settings. This is a mandatory procedure.

Now go through the steps again of connecting the DS4 to the USB Hub as the Authorization controller (or as a wired controller with USB Cable without a USB Hub).

No more problems with timing out on a PS4 when using cross-over controllers, and no more wireless lag issues if you are a pro gamer and want to use the CronusMAX so you have a wired DS4
    Last edited by GL0ZZ3N; 4th May 17 at 16:08.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Zeal Prophet

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Disconnecting? FOLLOW THIS GUIDE!!!

Are the CUH-ZCT2U USB steps just for the Pro? It works the same as the v1 DS4 on original and slim PS4's?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Are the CUH-ZCT2U USB steps just for the Pro? It works the same as the v1 DS4 on original and slim PS4's?
    unpairing is the same for all PS4's

Comms method is for DS4 v2 only of course

Zeal Prophet

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    unpairing is the same for all PS4's

Comms method is for DS4 v2 only of course
    I meant do all PS4s require you to set the DS4 v2 to USB or just the Pro? Guess I can figure it out when my v2 arrives Monday.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    I meant do all PS4s require you to set the DS4 v2 to USB or just the Pro? Guess I can figure it out when my v2 arrives Monday.
    All

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post

Now go through the steps again of connecting the DS4 to the USB Hub as the Authorization controller (or as a wired controller with USB Cable without a USB Hub).

No more problems with timing out on a PS4 when using cross-over controllers, and no more wireless lag issues if you are a pro gamer and want to use the CronusMAX so you have a wired DS4
    Hi admin, I'm using a PS4 Pro & DS4 v2. Should I forget my DS4 from the bluetooth device list first and then enabling USB communication+disabling auto turn-off, or the other way around?
    Can I still use my DS4 as a wired controller?
    Thanks

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Hello,
    my Cronusmax V3 worked perfectly fine with my PS4. Since I've switched to the PS4 pro it does not work anymore. FW 1.24 is already installed. I'm using it in WE mode. I set the communication mode to USB cable and disconnected my controller (which is a CUH-ZCT2E) afterwards by pressing disconnect under bluetooth devices. It alwasy shows
    Attachment 3894
    instead of
    Attachment 3895.

Any idea? Many thanks!

That's what I found here.

I'll have to test this out now that you've brought it up. I have a Cronusmax plus.

I just checked it and it worked fine. I did try it with the new controller and that DIDNT work. So maybe that's your issue. Make sure you use an old DS4 to authenticate. The new one doesn't authenticate probably because they now also send input data through the USB cable.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
    Rinki
    Last edited by Rinki; 14th July 17 at 19:46.

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

No one who can help me with this issue...?

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

First off, this appears to be outdated.

When I go into Bluetooth Devices and click on the Dualshock 4 it gives me the option to "Disconnect" - no mention of "forget" or anything like that.

Second, it does not appear to work.

I am trying to get my PS4 working with an Xbox One controller via CronusMax and USB hub and it is simply NOT WORKING. The furthest I can get is being stuck on the AU screen with everything connected up properly. If I go into Bluetooth Devices like you showed and disconnect it shuts the entire controller down. Starting the controller back up, even when plugged in, instantly 'pairs' it back to the PS4.

And no, my PS4 controller is not a new model.

Getting really sick of things with the CronusMax not working as advertised.