Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Help with PS4 Wheel Edition Mode and Fanatec

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Help with PS4 Wheel Edition Mode and Fanatec

Hey everyone, just got a CronusMax Plus and downloaded the latest Firmware for it. I put the device into CronusMax PS4 Wheel Edition mode and connected my PS4 controller to slot 4 of my USB Hub (one of the Insignias that is on the recommended list) with my Fanatec CSW V1 Base in slot 1. I put my wheelbase into PS3 mode and then plugged in the CronusMax but all it is giving me is the blinking E saying that the USB device is not supported.

Is there something simple that I'm missing here which is not allowing it to work? I know with the latest firmware update it has the Famatec CSW V1 Base listed as supported but I'm just not able to get it to work. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Re: Help with PS4 Wheel Edition Mode and Fanatec

similar situation, when I plug my CSR Elite wheel base into cronusmax, i get a rapid flashing 0 or 8 character, and controller repeatedly connects/disconnects! (in ps3 mode)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

similar situation. with v2 set up

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by geert View Post
    similar situation. with v2 set up
    I'll be getting the new CM hardware soon and have a couple tests planned for the Fanatec CSR and v2 clubsport as well. Let us know if you guys find a solution in the meantime, thanks!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Here are the instructions in case it might have been something you overlooked https://youtu.be/Gw-yDqGhBeE

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Tried again with both my fanatec wheels (turbo S, and csr Elite)... on the cronusmax device monitor page where input says g27... Mine rapidly flickers DF and NONE... like RAPIDLY flashing back and forth between both!... tried swapping cables... different usb hubs etc... Suffering major buyers remorse w/ the cronus right now, as this is the sole reason i purchased it!, I'll take a video of it to show exactly what is happening..
    Last edited by jarmenti; 28th August 16 at 12:29.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Here is the video of the issue I have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkzPZCD_Syo

Even tried another compatible usb 2.0 hub.. same result.. and the wheel is fully recognized as a g25 when plugged into a pc in ps3 mode and works fine!
    Last edited by jarmenti; 28th August 16 at 14:18.

Swizzy's Avatar Swizzy

Quote Originally Posted by jarmenti View Post
    Here is the video of the issue I have. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkzPZCD_Syo

Even tried another compatible usb 2.0 hub.. same result.. and the wheel is fully recognized as a g25 when plugged into a pc in ps3 mode and works fine!
    Would you be interested in helping us test a beta firmware which should help solve this problem?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

I'd gladly do anything to help get it working!! I'll even order a 2nd cronusmax for my other wheel once it does! I already ordered some parts to make a few gimx adapters but your product is soo much cleaner and simple.
    Last edited by jarmenti; 28th August 16 at 16:42.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I just bought a new CronusMax Plus off Amazon to use with my Fanatec CSR Elite, PS4 and F1 2016. Have I wasted my money, and should I return it before I open the box?

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

There is a large market of angry fanatec customers over at their forums that lost ps4 support just waiting to be sold some cronus's!

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcSpy View Post
    I just bought a new CronusMax Plus off Amazon to use with my Fanatec CSR Elite, PS4 and F1 2016. Have I wasted my money, and should I return it before I open the box?
    I am in the same boat as you.. however it seems these guys are on top of things in getting this working for us, as it is a significant potential market for sales of devices, once this glitch is fixed!, I have confidence that it'll be working!
    Last edited by jarmenti; 28th August 16 at 17:16.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jarmenti View Post
    I am in the same boat as you.. however it seems these guys are on top of things in getting this working for us, as it is a significant potential market for sales of devices, once this glitch is fixed!, I have confidence that it'll be working!

Okay, I'm hoping we can get this fixed as I am super pissed already with Sony at removing Fanatec support from F1 and AC, so hopefully Cronus will have me up and playing again as I am literally only moments away from listing my PS4 and games on eBay and forking out £1000 on a 4K Gaming PC.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem and that it's been looked into. And yes, there is a HUGE potential market right now for Fanatec users on PS4 for this product. There are so many pissed off PS4 Fanatec users that are looking at over $1000 in useless hardware right now, that if this gets working you could see plenty of word of mouth sales for Cronus from this community.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I've also bought one and hope to get it delivered today or Tuesday. I really hope it's gonna work eventually.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

i would be willing to try a beta firmware also swizzy let me know if you need me to test i have a fanatec clubsport v 1.5

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I would also do some beta testing. I have the CSR forza wheel with elite pedals. I have 6 guys with the same wheel looking for a solution to get there wheels working.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I have the same problem, I followed the instructions closely and watched the video, done everything as it should and the result is that when I connect my cronusmax device it shows the infinite sign going round and when I connect the USB Hub it sees another controler than the DS4 but shows an error (E) message.

I also am willing to try a Beta. Fanatec CSW V2.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

i am also having the same issues with a V2 base, and i am also willing to test beta firmware.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

i am also willing to test beta firmware.

Me, too =)
    CSW V2 with normal Hub and Xbox P1 for testing

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

I have removed the Fanatec info from the press release for now while we dig a little deeper - apologies for that (I was away with family for a few days - only got back last night or I'd have responded sooner).

In the meantime - we are looking for Beta Testers who own Fanatec wheels (and any other wheels). Please list the wheels you own and also the console(s) that you have if you are interested. This could be fun with something quite exciting

However If you bought a CM just for the Fanatec wheel support on the back of the news I posted and doesn't want to be involved in any beta testing for the CM or for any potential new dedicated Wheel product, let me know and you can ship your CM to me directly and i'll personally refund you - no harm, no foul.
    Last edited by Swizzy; 30th August 16 at 14:20.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Morning! I'm the OP, using a Fanatec CSW 1.5 base with a Clupsport SQ shifter and Clubsport V3 pedals hooked up to the base, trying to use them on a PS4. I'd be happy to beta test any firmware you would like to push out. Thanks!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Yaterade For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

im using a fanatec clubsport v 1.5 , v2 pedals , shifter sq , trying to use them on ps4 also. I have the f1 rim & the ps3 universal hub . willing to try any beta firmware

and a t500rs

many thanks
    Last edited by kntkatt; 30th August 16 at 19:55.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to kntkatt For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hi. Yes I bought one solely for the Fanatec solution but sounds to me like you'll fix the firmware so happy to wait a little longer Happy to beta test too. I have a CSW v2, CSP v2, CSSQ Shifter using F1 rim and BMW GT rim. I have the CM already and have spent a good few hours trying to make it work. Ready for the beta firmware when you are!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecstreme For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Happy to try beta firmware

CSW V2
    CSL P1 Rim
    Universal Hub
    Universal Hub Xbox
    CSP V3

Edit:
    And a Thrustmaster T300RS
    Last edited by Yabba; 30th August 16 at 16:12.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    I have removed the Fanatec info from the press release for now while we dig a little deeper - apologies for that (I was away with family for a few days - only got back last night or I'd have responded sooner).

In the meantime - we are looking for Beta Testers who own Fanatec wheels (and any other wheels). Please list the wheels you own and also the console(s) that you have if you are interested. This could be fun with something quite exciting

However If you bought a CM just for the Fanatec wheel support on the back of the news I posted and doesn't want to be involved in any beta testing for the CM or for any potential new dedicated Wheel product, let me know and you can ship your CM to me directly and i'll personally refund you - no harm, no foul.
    As I said I would be happy to get involved. CSW V2 / CS Shifter V1.5 / Porsche 918 wheel / Formula Carbon wheel / Pedals CSV3 /CM of course. Everything is less than one year old with all the newest firmware installed. Playing on PS3 / PS4 and PC / Assetto Corsa on PS4 and PC / GT6 / Driveclub if needed on PS4 / Pcars on PS4.

I bought your device yesterday especially for my Fanatec and would normally like my money back but I am impressed with your response and trust you will come to a solution. Thanks.
    Last edited by Stephen1300; 30th August 16 at 16:06.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen1300 For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

V2 base
    Porsche 918rsr rim
    CSP v2 pedals
    CSS H-pathern shifter
    CSHandbreake

Platform PS4 games/pcars,dirt rally,AC,Drive club,

Like to test beta i bought your device last week special for Fanatic wheel on ps4.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to geert For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

i did pre order PSVR special for sim racing i hope we can solve this before 13 ocktober
    ha ha ha.

thx.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to geert For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

PS4
    CSR wheel
    Elite Pedals
    All Car Games

39. The Following User Says Thank You to DonkTurbo For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin