Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: PS4 Wheel Edition

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Wheel Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Rinki View Post
    Really a great job finally!
    So I want to send my wholehearted thank you to the entire cronusmax crew! I can Play Driveclub and Aseetto Corsa on my PS4 now with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 wheel.
    You can bet on I will recommed your magic USB stick!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

You've earned the golden for your achievement!
    Thank you for your awesome feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    ^Using PC or PS (G25) mode?
    Its always in PS3 Mode. Always.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Is it just me or are these instructions incorrect?

I have to connect the DS4 into Port 1 and the controller I wish to use into Port 4.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Is it just me or are these instructions incorrect?

I have to connect the DS4 into Port 1 and the controller I wish to use into Port 4.
    Read the instructions again, you flipped it around...

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

That's exactly my point. If I don't flip it around, it doesn't work. If I do flip it around, it works. I've tested in standard mode with a wired X360 gamepad and also with the Fanatec wheel in PS4 Wheel Edition mode.

If I follow the printed instructions I end up with an endless loop of the controller connecting for a second then disconnecting. (CM3 shows animation, then 0, then animation again... etc)

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

That's exactly my point. If I don't flip it around, it doesn't work. If I do flip it around, it works. I've tested in standard mode with a wired X360 gamepad and also with the Fanatec wheel in PS4 Wheel Edition mode.

If I follow the printed instructions I end up with an endless loop of the controller connecting for a second then disconnecting. (CM3 shows animation, then 0, then animation again... etc)
    Try running the software (it is linked in the manual from memory) that identifies the ports on your hub. You may well find that the hub is mislabelled. My hub was not labelled at all and I can guarantee that my DS4 is in port 4 and my wheel is in port 1, as identified by the software.
    Last edited by AntinOz; 17th October 16 at 01:29.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I'll check that. It's a 7-port hub, so if back to front it would be in ports 7 and 3.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I'll check that. It's a 7-port hub, so if back to front it would be in ports 7 and 3.
    It could be in any order. Typically a manufacturer will layout the board in the most convenient way for the chipset they are using. The numbers on the case may bear no resemblance to the actual physical ports.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AntinOz For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

You are correct, and I should have known better.

To make the point clear to any other readers, here is the list of labelled port #s vs what the usbview software sees:

Label=UsbView.exe
    1=7
    2=2
    3=1
    4=6
    5=5
    6=4
    7=3

So by using the 'flipped' ports as described above I am actually using Port #7 for the DS4 and Port #6 for the wheel... which makes no sense either but let's just drop it and be happy it works.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

What's important is that the DS4 is in a higher logical port then the crossover controller, preferebly in the setup we mention in the manual, but it may work better in different configurations then that for some hubs/controllers

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hello,

I'm new here (since 5 minutes) and I got a question: (I got a CM+, newest FW)
    When I connect my G27 to the PS4 (everything how it's supposed to be) the buttons work and I can navigate in the ps4 menu but when I start Need for Speed it doesn't do anything.
    So my question:
    Is Need for Speed even supported by a racing wheel and if yes, why it doesn't work? (Is there a list of games supporting a wheel with the CM+?)

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Need for speed does not support wheels afaik.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Well thank you I should've looked it up earlier... EA is working on it..
    And what about the list? Is The Crew supported?

I just saw a video where a guy could play Need for Speed with the G27 on the PS4, in the comments they asked how he did it and he referred to another video of him where he reviewed the CrossHair converter working fine on the PS4 with the H-Shifter and everything in Need for Speed.
    (https://youtu.be/2aeg8L9ix1k)
    So am I doing something wrong or is CM+ not compatible with Need for Speed?
    Last edited by KittyDawn; 3rd November 16 at 08:33. Reason: Double post, please use the edit function

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

As I said, need for speed doesn't support wheels.

You can use the CM+ and the G27 via xaim to turn the G27 into a gamepad so it will work.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I'll try it out, thanks ����

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hello,

have you made sure you are using the correct ports on your usb hub? It madevery scary stuff on my ps4 like hdmi connections glitching and stuff as ift hereis a short circuit or wrong wiring but then checked the usb ports with the windows tool and it worked like how a retail product shouldwork.

using DFGT ondrive club ps4

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hey thanks for your help
    Yes I've checked and numbered it already and I use a 3.0 Port/Hub. But I think I used a 2.0 too I don't remember. But anyway I couldn't figure out how to get it work in Need for Speed (I tried X-Aim but Idk how it works correctly)...

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VETERAN View Post
    Hey thanks for your help
    Yes I've checked and numbered it already and I use a 3.0 Port/Hub. But I think I used a 2.0 too I don't remember. But anyway I couldn't figure out how to get it work in Need for Speed (I tried X-Aim but Idk how it works correctly)...
    Need For Speed don't support wheels at all, you can use X-Aim by selecting the wheel in "DirectInput" and mapping it according to your preferences as if it was a gamepad and not a wheel, it may require some adjustments to some of the controls to work properly, we have some presets for G27 for example that has a script to fix the inputs to behave as expected...

Let us know what wheel you have and we can perhaps make a layout for you that'll work, or we can atleast try to help you setup a script for said wheel (if we don't have one ourselves)

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

That would be awesome!
    My wheel is a G27. My pc(win10 64bit), CM+, ps4 and need for Speed have the latest updates.

I watched this video:
    https://youtu.be/0Es3ugV3AkI

And I tried to do the same but it didn't work.
    Last edited by VETERAN; 15th November 16 at 08:34.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hey, it doesn't work for The Crew either �� the USB Ports are checked and the cables are in the right ports... But the wheel doesn't do anything ingame... It only works in the main menu of the ps4 system ��
    I use USB 3.0 Ports
    Last edited by VETERAN; 30th November 16 at 19:31.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hello everyone!

First of all congratulations for the great product and support from CM team and community.
    It have already been asked, but I could not find a definitive answer.

Do the Drinving Force GT works correctly with the latest public firmware (1.23)?

Some time ago (April) I was using the CM+ with a PS3 arcade stick and it worked like a charm.
    Today I discovered that there was this new firmware with Force Feedback support. I updated my firmware to this new one and followed all the given steps but I could not get the DFGT to work with the PS4 at all. The GT logo blinks from second to second and the CM+ led continue with the racing track spinnin, but thats it.
    In the past I had it working with X-Aim. After a long time, I used the Arcade Stick again yesterday, normally. I connected the DFGT to my pc directly and it was recognized and the wheel worked normally.

So my question is, is there any known issue regarding the DFGT + FW 1.23? Or could it be an issue with my set (USB hub maybe)?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by teste45321; 1st December 16 at 14:22.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast