Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: PS4 Wheel Edition

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

PS4 Wheel Edition

I've known about this product for a year or so but just purchased a V3 with the announcement of PS4 Wheel Edition support Fanatec wheels via PS mode. I updated then tested the product with an Xbox One controller playing Rocket League, then switched over to wheel mode and rebooted everything. No joy however. the racing animation plays, then on connection it displays 0 for about 3 seconds before switching back to the racing animation. Trying with other ports results in a very fast switching display between 0 and 8. Neither controller has any input on the PS4 menu.

CSR Elite with CSv1 and 6spd shifter connected with latest firmware I believe.

I have a number of members on the official Project CARS forum waiting for my feedback on this product before they purchase for their Fanatec wheels.
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 4th September 16 at 07:52.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Wheel Edition

We're currently fixing some known issues with a group of beta testers. We'll be making it public asap.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Will this also address the disconnecting issue with the Logitech G25 > PS4?

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I have disconnecting issues with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 as well.
    So I'm looking forward to the new firmware release!
    Many thanks to the whole cronusmax development crew!

Cheers,
    Rinki
    Last edited by Rinki; 5th September 16 at 11:51.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus_NOS View Post
    Will this also address the disconnecting issue with the Logitech G25 > PS4?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Rinki View Post
    Hi,
    I have disconnecting issues with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 as well.
    So I'm looking forward to the new firmware release!
    Many thanks to the whole cronusmax development crew!

Cheers,
    Rinki
    Haven't you already tested the Beta firmware?

Your issues are nothing to do with the firmware - I already discussed that with you before. Your wheel has been tested fully working with the current beta build, which you've tested (or so you said in a previous post)

I think your issue is something else which could be USB Hub, DS4 or USB Cable related. We can come back to that once the new fw goes public.
    Last edited by Swizzy; 6th September 16 at 13:35. Reason: Double post, please use the edit function

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    Yes

Haven't you already tested the Beta firmware?

Your issues are nothing to do with the firmware - I already discussed that with you before. Your wheel has been tested fully working with the current beta build, which you've tested (or so you said in a previous post)

Your issue is something else which could be USB Hub, DS4 or USB Cable related. We can come back to that once the new fw goes public.
    I found out that the problem is the DS4 only gets "powered on" when put in port 1 of the usb hub (i use the recommended hub) on all other ports no backlight on the DS4 goes on which means it does not get connected and you have no controlls in-game and are just able to navigate in the menu with the logitech G27

In the meantime I tried other functions of the CronusMAX and just put the DS4 via the Micro USB-Cable to the CronusMAX so that i have a "wired DS4" --> works fine! So I guess it's a Software not a Hardware-Issue!

Can you maybe confirm or offer help at this time?
    Last edited by Capitanjlo; 6th September 16 at 17:35.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capitanjlo View Post
    I found out that the problem is the DS4 only gets "powered on" when put in port 1 of the usb hub (i use the recommended hub) on all other ports no backlight on the DS4 goes on which means it does not get connected and you have no controlls in-game and are just able to navigate in the menu with the logitech G27

In the meantime I tried other functions of the CronusMAX and just put the DS4 via the Micro USB-Cable to the CronusMAX so that i have a "wired DS4" --> works fine! So I guess it's a Software not a Hardware-Issue!

Make sure you have the ds4 unpaired*crucial step*(your ps4 and ds4 are constantly trying to find ways to pair to each other, you don't want this to happen). The ds4 should have an unlit backlight when wheel mode is active. Goto System -> Devices -> Bluetooth Devices -> Dualshock 4 -> Disconnect. From there, connect both the wheel and the controller to the hub in the proper slots. Connect your hub to your CM, then connect the CM to the PS4(while ps4 is already turned on)

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capitanjlo View Post

Like Picklock said - make sure you unpair/desync the DS4 (this is in the manual)

The DS4 lightbar of the authorization controller isn't supposed to be lit - this is in the manual too

http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech...ing_to_ps4.htm

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi folks,

Just wondering if you guys have any timeframe for release of the updated firmware with Fanatec compatibility?

I have a large number of PS4 and Fanatec wheels that I need to get working with a new game for work purposes - admin, wonder if we can possibly talk about bulk purchasing of CronusMAX and potentially early access to the new FW if its gonna be months rather than weeks for the new FW?

Thanks,

Dave

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

next day or 2.....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    next day or 2.....
    Any update on this?
    Many thanks!

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hi MaxAdmin, i was one of the early participants on this topic and have finally received my cronusmax. Could i still participate in the beta? Noted that feedback on beta fw is to be posted in a separate forum. If beta is closed, any idea on timeframe for the new fw to be releases?

cheers

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FanatecUser View Post
    Hi MaxAdmin, i was one of the early participants on this topic and have finally received my cronusmax. Could i still participate in the beta? Noted that feedback on beta fw is to be posted in a separate forum. If beta is closed, any idea on timeframe for the new fw to be releases?

cheers
    Beta is closed, new firmware should be public in a day or two.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Any update on the release date? Thanks!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Would be also intrested in an update. I've bought the CM just to play AC with my Fanatec CSW V2. But at the moment it is useless and we're all waiting impaitienly for the new firmware.
    Why don't you just release the beta, I believe everybody could live with it, even when it still needs someone tweaking.... Better than playing AC before Day-1 patch...
    Last edited by Cabriojoschy; 16th September 16 at 06:42.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Yep I'd like to know how well this is going to work before my return/refund period expires.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryzza5 For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I have the same questions as FanatecUser, CabrioJoschy and Ryzza5 above. I know that it has only been a day or two longer than Picklock said it would take to get the released public firmware, but we are all so anxious to start racing the games beta testers have had access to from the beginning. Especially when a few of them on the Fanatec forum have stated that the beta testing firmware has been working extremely well for about a week! I'm not nagging, just excited.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    Yep I'd like to know how well this is going to work before my return/refund period expires.
    Attachment 2901What about the people that bought one in the last few days or are going to buy one this weekend based on the print ad that says it will work only to find out it does not work?!!!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Well at least that one doesn't advertise Fanatec support like the one that hooked me. Otherwise I'd be using the GIMX approach by now.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I bought mine this week and just received it in hopes of getting my g27 running on the PS4 but it's a no go

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast