Topic: CronusMAX PLUS - How to use Direct Input controllers with Xaim

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

CronusMAX PLUS - How to use Direct Input controllers with Xaim

This video will explain how to use Direct Input controllers with the Xaim Plugin.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GL0ZZ3N For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX PLUS - How to use Direct Input controllers with Xaim

Can i use two controllers at one time?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

To use Direct input with controller X-Aim " do I plug my controller in the back of the Cronusmax? Or do I plug it to the Laptop ?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Veno View Post
    To use Direct input with controller X-Aim " do I plug my controller in the back of the Cronusmax? Or do I plug it to the Laptop ?
    Computer, X-Aim runs on your Windows PC which have support for many more controllers then the CronusMAX Firmware does, it then reads the inputs from the API known as "DirectInput" which normalize the data for us for every controller and translates it into something the CronusMAX can understand and use to send to the console as if it was the controller you're emulating...

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

How would I connect an Xbox Elite controller with wireless adapter to my PS4? I'm using CM V3 and have the current update. I have mapped the buttons out in x aim and have my wireless adapter connected straight into my pc and the Cronus max connected to my prg port. Will I still need to use the USB hub and how should everything be connected? Thank you

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cclutch24 View Post
    How would I connect an Xbox Elite controller with wireless adapter to my PS4? I'm using CM V3 and have the current update. I have mapped the buttons out in x aim and have my wireless adapter connected straight into my pc and the Cronus max connected to my prg port. Will I still need to use the USB hub and how should everything be connected? Thank you
    You don't need the usb hub for that, you merely connect the DS4 to the output port...

You do however need to have the CM connected to your computer and have x-aim running with direct input enabled (no need for capture mode as you're not using the mouse & keyboard with it)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    You don't need the usb hub for that, you merely connect the DS4 to the output port...

You do however need to have the CM connected to your computer and have x-aim running with direct input enabled (no need for capture mode as you're not using the mouse & keyboard with it)
    Thank you, I have tried connecting he DS4 to the back of the CM while the CM is plugged into the PS4. I also have the pcprog port connected to the PC while Xaim is running with direct input enabled. However the Xbox controller still is not recognized by the PS4. Am I doing anything wrong?

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Thank you, I have tried connecting he DS4 to the back of the CM while the CM is plugged into the PS4. I also have the pcprog port connected to the PC while Xaim is running with direct input enabled. However the Xbox controller still is not recognized by the PS4. Am I doing anything wrong?
    Did you double check that Direct Input Controllers are enabled in Xaim Settings and that the XB1 controller is ALSO selected from the dop-down list of controllers and receiving input in its device monitor?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks! I've got it to work but the only issue now is it disconnects every 10 minutes because the USB hub is not being used.. is there a way to use the hub with this setup to prevent this?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thanks! I've got it to work but the only issue now is it disconnects every 10 minutes because the USB hub is not being used.. is there a way to use the hub with this setup to prevent this?
    You don't use the USB Hub, you connect the DS4 directly to the CM, and you should disable the Partial PS4 Crossover setting...