Topic: Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Support?

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Support?

Hello,

Today I purchased the new Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor for PC.
    I tried to use it with cronus pro on my XBOX360, but it doesn't work.
    I know you already support wireless controller via bluetooth adapter, but it is often frustrating to set up.
    I hope you add support for the DS4 USB WA in the next firmware.

Thank you.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Support?

Quote Originally Posted by sk63y3s View Post
    Hello,

Today I purchased the new Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor for PC.
    I tried to use it with cronus pro on my XBOX360, but it doesn't work.
    I know you already support wireless controller via bluetooth adapter, but it is often frustrating to set up.
    I hope you add support for the DS4 USB WA in the next firmware.

Thank you.
    Can you provide a link to the product you're talking about?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

They are talking about this - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ex...eless-adaptor/

There is no need to support it, we already support all the functions of a DS4 via bluetooth and you can set it up for automatic pairing. You just need to hold a couple of buttons the first time you connect the DS4 then.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sk63y3s View Post
    There really isn't anything at all frustrating about setting up a Bluetooth adapter with a DS4 controller.

That's it.

Source: http://cronusmax.com/manual/dualshoc...ing_to_ps4.htm

As Kitty said, there is no need to support that Sony Wireless Adapter. It's not required.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I know the Sony Wireless Adapter isn't required in order to use Bluetooth, but there may be another side benefit of supporting it directly. Perhaps with direct support, CM would be able to work through Remote Play. The new version of Remote Play supports the use of the Sony Wireless Adapter instead of having to hardware via USB. Unfortunately, CM never worked with this USB method through Remote Play for whatever reason, so this wireless adapter may be just what we need.

Alternatively, maybe once support is made for the new DS4 controllers that have a wired option in CM, this may solve the Remote Play USB option of the past.

Remote Play is great because you can use the PS4 from any media computer in the house even when people are in the living room. I love the CM and have created scripts to automate tedious or repetitive tasks, but without being able to use Remote Play, I can't use it on a regular basis to truly enjoy the power of it.

My fingers are crossed that one day I'll be able to use CM through Remote Play. Either way, thank you so much for creating CM!

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Why you won't support it? I (and my friend) have many issues with bluetooth - often stutters. We expected you will support an official adapter. My friend buyed BT from you, I buyed in Russia (Hama). Via USB I already can't use CronusMax - USB port on both my gamepads are broken. I'm sure this official adapter will perfectly work with gamepads and many people will be able have the best adapter for CM.

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Wow, didnt know that thing was out. If you use it in the PC, did you notice any input lag difference from USB cable to that official sony wireless adapter??????

I ask this because I bought a Belkin bluetooth 4.0 and it has a bit of input lag using it in CM, but works pretty good, all day, however I dont use it as its hard to aim with the input lag

With X360 wireless receiver on CM for example I notice 0 input lag difference from using it on my X360, it works pretty good.

ps: If that official sony adapter has no noticeable input lag I'm also interested in it.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guily6669 View Post
    Wow, didnt know that thing was out. If you use it in the PC, did you notice any input lag difference from USB cable to that official sony wireless adapter??????

I ask this because I bought a Belkin bluetooth 4.0 and it has a bit of input lag using it in CM, but works pretty good, all day, however I dont use it as its hard to aim with the input lag

With X360 wireless receiver on CM for example I notice 0 input lag difference from using it on my X360, it works pretty good.

ps: If that official sony adapter has no noticeable input lag I'm also interested in it.
    Good connection and no input lag - a lot of users are interested in this. Support must be and they would inform users about this

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Yes, I'm with the support. I think it'll significantlly improve the experience of those who prefer using the Playstation Dualshock 4 wirelessly. With every bluetooth adapter I've played with, they all stutter; without audio support. This works flawlessly with inputMapper, and it natively supports the audio. With the cronusmax, it'll be even better than perfect In my opinion, and will make cronusmax a must have for so many more gamers. I really cannot wait until this becomes a reality!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

InputMapper is for PC, it's not the same as the CM by a longshot as the CM is dedicated hardware primarily meant for console crossover

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    InputMapper is for PC, it's not the same as the CM by a longshot as the CM is dedicated hardware primarily meant for console crossover
    I want to use CM via bluetooth without stutter. Stuttering - is a real problem, a lot of users meet this. Why is there no support this adapter?

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Why did you leave it without an answer? Please do support the official adapter from Sony. Simple Bluetooth adapter is very bad.

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KazumiMC View Post
    Why did you leave it without an answer? Please do support the official adapter from Sony. Simple Bluetooth adapter is very bad.
    Well... the sony adapter IS a bluetooth adapter. Sounds like the adapter you were trying to use previously is just a low-end model. When your device is setup properly and you're using a good quality adapter, you will not experience any issues. Simple as that.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    Well... the sony adapter IS a bluetooth adapter. Sounds like the adapter you were trying to use previously is just a low-end model. When your device is setup properly and you're using a good quality adapter, you will not experience any issues. Simple as that.
    I used a good adapter, My friend used an adapter while offer CM (Pack) and he had same issues with stuttering