Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fanatec wheel support

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Fanatec wheel support

Well guys at last I can plat Asseto Corsa on my PS4 with my Fanatec CSW setup thanks to the cronus max with firmware 1.23 and it is perfect.After 2 days can only say thanks to Cronus for there efforts and hopefully there are no issues with other games.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tezza 666 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec wheel support

Thank you for the great feedback

Be sure to spread the word!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Btw, can you use CSW v2 in Driveclub? I ordered Cronusmax few days ago so I will see how it works otherwise(or doesn't).

And do you already know if Cronusmax will work with PS4 Pro too?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

The CSW v2 is supported I believe and we have no idea about the PS4 Pro. We won't know anything until it is out. Although, looking at the specs on it, it doesn't seem worth waiting for.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Raikku View Post
    Btw, can you use CSW v2 in Driveclub?
    Yes

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Just wanted to ask, it seems that most ppl here use fw 142 in their CSW v2's, so does fw matters in functionality with Cronusmax? Because I've been using fw 176(250-driver package) for months already.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Just want to leave a comment .

Cronusmax Plus V3 works with:
    - Fanatec CSW V2 FW 176 (PS3 Mode: Select+O after calibration on Universal Hub in PS4 mainscreen)
    - Fanatec CSP V2 (conncted to base)
    - Universal Hub
    - Th8a Shifter with SFA1 Basherboard Adapter for Fanatec Base

It took me long time to find out that you can only switch CSW in PS3 Mode at the PS4 mainscreen .

And I have to activate h-pattern in AC options to use the CSP.

And its fine to use Fanatec Base in the PS4 menu .

Works like a charme. FFB in Assetto Corsa works like original feeling before day one patch was released. Working 1:1, no lag!

Thanks to the developer, great work!

memoric77
    Last edited by memoric77; 1st October 16 at 19:42.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to memoric77 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by memoric77 View Post
    Just want to leave a comment .

Cronusmax Plus V3 works with:
    - Fanatec CSW V2 FW 176 (PS3 Mode: Select+O after calibration on Universal Hub in PS4 mainscreen)
    - Fanatec CSP V2 (conncted to base)
    - Universal Hub
    - Th8a Shifter with SFA1 Basherboard Adapter for Fanatec Base

It took me long time to find out that you can only switch CSW in PS3 Mode at the PS4 mainscreen .

And I have to activate h-pattern in AC options to use the CSP.

And its fine to use Fanatec Base in the PS4 menu .

Works like a charme. FFB in Assetto Corsa works like original feeling before day one patch was released. Working 1:1, no lag!

Thanks to the developer, great work!

memoric77
    These are great tips - thank you for the feedback

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Heres how I managed to connect my Fanatec CSR Forza wheel to Ps4 /Assetto corsa. First plug the CM into the Ps4 on its own and turn on PS4 from console button.The CM sould flash AU.Plug the wheel into a PS3 and after booting wheel change into PS3 mode .Unplug from PS3 and plug into port 1 on the Hub.Then plug PS4 controller directly into CM ( i had to buy a new cable as the ps4 one only seemed to be a charging cable) The CM should now read a zero.Go to settings/devices/bluetooth and turn bluetooth off.Now connect controller to port 4 on the hub and plug hub into CM .the ps4 controller will not be lit but the wheel should work to enter the game.Its taken me a week of puzzling to figure this out not helped by the fact that Cronus pro would not run on my laptop and that Cronus had sent me a faulty USB cable in their kit. All is forgiven as it works beautifully!

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RossB View Post
    Heres how I managed to connect my Fanatec CSR Forza wheel to Ps4 /Assetto corsa. First plug the CM into the Ps4 on its own and turn on PS4 from console button.The CM sould flash AU.Plug the wheel into a PS3 and after booting wheel change into PS3 mode .Unplug from PS3 and plug into port 1 on the Hub.Then plug PS4 controller directly into CM ( i had to buy a new cable as the ps4 one only seemed to be a charging cable) The CM should now read a zero.Go to settings/devices/bluetooth and turn bluetooth off.Now connect controller to port 4 on the hub and plug hub into CM .the ps4 controller will not be lit but the wheel should work to enter the game.Its taken me a week of puzzling to figure this out not helped by the fact that Cronus pro would not run on my laptop and that Cronus had sent me a faulty USB cable in their kit. All is forgiven as it works beautifully!
    @RossB c an you try this method for me http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...or-100-Success

You shouldn't have to use PS3/PC to put the wheel in PS3 mode - doing it from the PS4 main menu should work fine. We used a CSR wheel for development.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

i have a problem with getting my fanatec csr to run ...

The CM+ is updated to the FW 1.23 an the wheel edition mode is on, with the setting from the user manual.

But when i plug the csr in slot 1 and the ds4 in slot 4 of the usb hub and then plug it into the cm and this one into the ps4 i get an E. ...

When i switch the ds4 ond the csr i get an 0, but only for some seconds until the cm shuts the ds4 down ... the csr never can be used.

What is the problem? Please can anyone help me?!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi MNP84G,

Are you getting the CSR into PS3 mode? Do you get the confirmation dot in the display?

I'd also make sure your usb cable can read data and not just charge. Try another HUB also. I'm reading a few people are putting their Wheel into PS3 mode directly on the PS4 Main Screen, then switching it to the hub once the dot is displayed on the wheel screen. That's what I had to do to get it to work, only because I had a 3 port HUB. Just make sure your DS4 is in Port 4 with no lights displayed. Then connect the CSR in PS3 mode to Port 1 of the hub. Then plug hub into CM+ which should be sitting on A U. Should sink up with a 0 displayed on the CM+.

PS3 Mode
    Connect the USB cable to a free USB slot of your Playstation 3 and to the connector on the left side of the wheel.
    After the self calibration enter the PC mode by pressing Back Button for one second. "- - -" will disappear on the display
    Press Connect Button + Back Button simultaneously. A dot in the dis-play indicates the PS3 mode.
    Last edited by InTheZ0n3; 28th November 16 at 03:04.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to InTheZ0n3 For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi!

Thank you very much!!!

It was the ps3 mode ... I can do it at the ps4. Only pulg the wheel into the ps and press back and connect for some seconds ...

Now i can play assetto corsa!!! Great!!!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

My Pleasure! Glad to hear you got the Asset Corsa happening! It's quite good! Force Feedback is top notch as well! Just have to dial in the traction control to suit so it's not a mongrel to drive. Especially those 24 hour cars. They're a death trap! Real heavy on the Wheel!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Console: PlayStation 4

Just used my new CronusMAX Plus to connect my Fanatec CSR Forza Wheel to our new PS4. The instructions were absolutely perfect.

Issue: I fired up the F1 2016 game. Went to drive and the wheel has a bit of a twitch.. It gives the feel of running over a rock or two every second. Twitch left, twitch right..

I tried messing around with the settings in game as well as the settings on the wheel itself. Of course lessening the force feedback dulls the twitching, but also defeats the purpose of having a force feedback wheel. Lol!

Anyone have any advice regarding the issue? Maybe settings someone has been using in game or on the CSR wheel?

Thanks

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Apologies.. Not down with the lingo, but the feel I experience with my CSR wheel regarding "running over a rock or two every second" I believe is what as referred to as "clipping".

The wheel wants to slightly pull (or kick) left while turning right or slightly pull (or kick) right while turning left. When on a straightaway it slightly pulls (or kicks left and right).

F1 2016 is the only racing game I play currently. This issue makes the game frustrating to play.

The CronusMAX guide for wheels states the recommended games include F1 2016.

I've read that the CronusMAX developers used the CSR wheel to test on. I am desperately looking for any assistance on this issue I am experiencing in F1 2016.
    Maybe my wheel setting are off? Am I in need of downloading a Fanatec driver or latest Firmware from Fanatec?
    What did the developers have on the CSR wheel that allowed the CSR wheel to work smoothly on PlayStation 4 with F1 2016?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, my purchase of the CronusMAX PLUS was all for not as the game is not enjoyable to play with the issues I am experiencing.

Thank you.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

check the device options for the CM using a PC. The symptoms you describe sound like you need to check these settings in speed up section are checked: Inframe in & out on and 1 ms off

See the manual for screen shots. You should find the FFB in F1 2016 works very well, curbs, gravel, oversteer effects etc.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rs60nr1 For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Thanks, Rs60nr1.. I did double check the CM and it was/is set correctly.

As I said, I am wondering, seeing as I have never updated the driver or firmware on my CSR (not CSR Elite), if I need to download the last CSR driver and firmware from Fanatec.

So, I am asking the developers/admin or anyone with the same wheel I have, on the CSR they used for testing..

- What driver or firmware from Fanatec, if any, is on their CSR wheel?
    ... and...
    - What are the CSR Fanatec Wheel settings and in game wheel settings they are using?

Trying to trouble-shoot the clipping issue I posted about previously so I can get it to work properly on F1 2016.

**On the CSR Fanatec page I looked at the drivers and firmware ahead of time. I'm clueless as to the difference of the 32bit and 64bit (if it pertains to 32 or 64 bit Windows OS or what). . I'm feeling about as dumb as a box of hammers. Lol! Apologies for my lacking in that department of computer know-how.
    Last edited by Rod711; 12th January 17 at 10:39.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

After about an hour of messing with the wheel settings on my (out of the box-no additional Fanatec drivers or Firmware) CSR wheel I finally got the bugs out of it.

Prior to connecting to PlayStation/via the CronusMax Plus I set the wheel to 360 degrees.
    Once I connected the wheel directly to the CronusMax Plus and placed it into PS3 mode, I unhooked the wheel from the CronusMax Plus, plugged the Wheel into Port #1 on the 4 port USB hub and plugged the PS4 controller into Port #4. I then plugged the 4 Port Hub into the CronusMax Plus.

I took a few laps and the clipping was non-existant, but the wheel had too much "steer" so I was able to back the degrees down to 260. The wheel now matches the rotation of the wheel in the car on F12016.

I have looked for an area on the forum to place my CSR wheel settings to assist others with the same wheel, but have yet to find a thread for that.

Thank you CronusMax Plus developers for inventing this and making it available for purchase at a reasonable and affordable price. Saved me a bundle and once I tweaked the wheel enough it plays fantastically! Also, many thanks for making it simple enough to install for someone "out-of-the-loop" like me. Much appreciated!
    Last edited by Rod711; 16th January 17 at 15:02.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rod711 For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Can't seem to get this one working with my CSW v2 Base + P1 Xbox Steering Wheel

Tried everything
    - CM is on v1.23 in Wheel Mode + Made the recommended "device options" in Cronus Pro
    - Connected everything according to guide (compatible Hama USB Hub => Port 1 = Wheel, Port 4 = DS4)
    - Everything Powered Off
    - Power on Wheel => goes into Xbox Mode (green light)
    - Power on PS4 => CronusMax connects with "0" in display
    - Setting Wheel into PC/PS4 mode (according to Fanatec you can't directly go to PS3 mode => first pressing rectangles + Y to get into PC/PS4 mode => then rectangles + B to get into PS3 mode) but can't control anything with the wheel d-pad or any button

NOTE: if you power everything on while the wheel is in PC/PS4/PS3 mode it instantly shows "E" on CM - only when powering on while wheel is in Xbox mode connects CM with "0" - but still no function on the wheel?!?

Anyone got a clue? It says in the FAQ that it is tested with the P1 wheel - so how did you guys do it?

UPDATE: Apparently it works in Xbox mode only for the P1 wheel (you should mention that in the compatibillity section!) - at least controlling the menu works. Haven't had the chance to try on a game with wheel support. Only tried the demo from Driveclub VR from the VR demo disc - worked but without FF.
    Last edited by gullie; 25th January 17 at 18:28.