Topic: PS4 + G27 and random disconnection

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

PS4 + G27 and random disconnection

Hi guys;
    I use Cronusmax (last version) with PS4, G27 and Assetto Corsa. It works very well in all of his features.
    Randomly I have two issues:

issue 1: wheel disconnect from PS4, 0 still remain on CM, green led start to blink and if I disconnect and reconnect the cable from hub (or Cronusmax from PS4), wheel restart to work but there isn't force feedback until I restart PS4, so the game is unplayable. I update AC with last patch yesterday (1.03) and Cronusmax to FW 1.23 and I'm testing it;

issue 2: sometimes, randomly, game exit on PS4 menu, like someone press PS button. In the same time view change, like someone press triangle button. If I return to game all features are ok, so it's annoying but all in all not affect playability.

Cronusmax has been programmed following the guide on site, the hub is certified (Amazon), the cables SEEMS ok... what can I do?

it's annoying but all in all not affect the playability

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 + G27 and random disconnection

The PS4 requires full time authentication. It is like a needy child which constantly looks for its blanky In this case, that is the DS4.

If it is disconnecting, it is because it doesn't see the DS4 and has a tantrum. Try a different cable between the HUB and DS4. Also check you are using the correct ports on the hub and that the CM is set to an Automatic output.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyDawn For This Useful Post:

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

And for second issue? Randomly virtual press of PS button or triangle button?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

PS button is when you are hitting both R3 + L3 at the same time - perhaps you are pressing those two accidently?

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Impossible, because with new layout of 1.23 L3 and R3 aren't on wheel but on first and last red keys near shift.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Is there a specific sequence to start PS4 with Cronusmax? Such as: power on PS4, THEN connect CM, THEN connect hub? Or similar?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totoventi View Post
    Is there a specific sequence to start PS4 with Cronusmax? Such as: power on PS4, THEN connect CM, THEN connect hub? Or similar?
    http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech...ing_to_ps4.htm

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Max, there isn't a direct answer to my question in the official guide. My doubt is: is there a difference between power on the PS4 with CM andh hub connected and connect CM and hub AFTER power on PS4? Is there another combination or sequence?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

You asked if there is a sequence to connect the wheel to the ps4 - the guide shows you the sequence, and it works perfectly fine with all logitech and fanatec wheels. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question?

Also make sure your DS4 is correctly unpaired from the PS4

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    You asked if there is a sequence to connect the wheel to the ps4 - the guide shows you the sequence, and it works perfectly fine with all logitech and fanatec wheels. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question?

Also make sure your DS4 is correctly unpaired from the PS4
    The sequence in the guide don't show exactly if CM is connected AFTER PS4 power on or before It power on. This is my doubt, also to connect the hub to CM after it is power on...

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

the guide shows that the LED's are lit on the CronusMAX so the Console is already powered on before you connect the CM/Hub

But you can also do a hard reset / power cycle with everything connected too - the guide tells you that also.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

The guide does not answer my question specifically. I would just like to know if CM connects to the PS4 AFTER this has been turned on or if the PS4 is turned on with CM already connected. And in both cases, the hub with the controller and the steering wheel must be connected to the CM when this is already on or before?

Big Daddy

User Info Menu

It doesn't matter. The important part is to connect everything to the hub before you plug it into the CM.

If you are getting disconnects, then it is likely due to the USB cable between the hub and DS4.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Ok. It doesn't solve my problem.

With 1.23 disconnection of wheel are ok, the issue seems to be resolved. But during use, it is as if someone randomly presses the PS button and the game comes out and goes into the PS4 menu. It is clearly not acceptable because in a simulation suddenly quit the game in full curve makes it unusable.

I tried every settings, but It randomly happens.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

I tried all combination of settings, I changed micro-usb cable but It doesn't resolve.
    It seems as, randomly, you press L3+R3 (so, PS button) and Triangle, because the game stop and goes in UI and at the same time change POV.
    If I check "G8 alternate", the game doesn't stop but still change POV, so it is as if I prevent to press L3+R3 in PS button combination but still press triangle... It's very strange and annoying.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

FYI 1.24 should have solved this problem - can you check please

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    FYI 1.24 should have solved this problem - can you check please
    I had an old 1.24 beta version installed, but I can't install the official release now, how can I do?