Topic: Getting your Fanatec Wheel into PS3 Mode

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Getting your Fanatec Wheel into PS3 Mode

First make sure your Device Options settings are like so. This is VERY important!

If you feel there should be any corrections or additions, please let me know. I'd also appreciate any feedback if you have used any of these methods successfully - thanks

How to get CSR / CSR Elite Wheels into PS3 Mode

1. Connect CronusMAX to PS4
    2. Connect a USB cable to the CronusMAX and to the connector on the left side of the wheel.
    3. After the self calibration enter the PC mode by pressing Back Button for one second. "- - -" will disappear on the display
    4. Press Connect Button and Back Button simultaneously. A dot in the display indicates the PS3 mode.
    5. The Wheel is now in PS3 Mode. Unplug it from the CronusMAX - make sure the wheel remains powered.

How to get 911 Turbo S Wheels into PS3 Mode (No RF Dongle - Latest Fanatec Firmware)

2. Connect a USB cable to the CronusMAX and to the connector on the left side of the wheel.
    3. After the self calibration enter the PC mode by pressing Back Button for one second. There will be no wheel button illumination.
    4. Press Connect Button and Back Button simultaneously. Wheel button illumination shows PlayStation symbol.
    5. The Wheel is now in PS3 Mode. Unplug it from the CronusMAX - make sure the wheel remains powered.

How to get 911 GT2 Wheels into PS3 Mode

3. After the self calibration enter the PC mode by pressing Back Button for one second. There will be no wheel button illumination.
    4. Press Connect Button and Back Button simultaneously. Wheel button illumination shows PlayStation symbols

How to get 911 GT3 RS/RS V2 Wheels into PS3 Mode

2. Connect the wheels USB cable to the CronusMAX.
    3. After the self calibration press the Base Button and Select Button simultaneously.

How to get all ClubSport Wheel Bases into PS3 Mode

1. Connect Everything as per the CronusMAX instructions while the PS4 is powered off.
    2. Power on the CSW.
    3. Power on the PS4. Wait until you're at the PS4 Main Menu and the wheel is calibrated.
    4a. Universal Hub: Press the Select Button and Circle Button simultaneously right after auto calibration of the ClubSport Wheel Base is completed. The tuning display of your Universal Hub shows a red dot when PS3 mode is active.

4b: If you use a regular Fanatec Steering Wheel like the BMW M3 GT2, the Formula Black or Formula Carbon or the Porsche 918 RSR you must press the buttons Select (9) + Horn (22) or Select (9) + Circle (3) simultaneously right after auto calibration of the ClubSport Wheel Base is completed.

Attention: When initialization and auto calibration is in progress never touch the wheel in order to avoid injuries or incorrect calibration.

Note: With the CronusMAX you will be able to navigate XMB and game menus using your Fanatec Wheel (which you could not do with some games before). The PS4 Home Button is L3 + R3. The PS4 Share Button is the bottom left Black Button on your Rim.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Re: Getting your Fanatec Wheel into PS3 Mode

For my GT2 wheel, my typical sequence for doing this is:

1. Turn the wheel on and plug it into the USB port on my PS4 (yes it works even here) when my PS4 is off. It just appears to need a powered port and that one is powered when off.
    2. Put the wheel in PS3 mode (back button for about 2 secs, LCD goes blank, and then back + the button to the left of the LCD until PS buttons show up on wheel)
    3. leave the wheel on, unplug it and plug it into the USB hub. My spare DS4 spends it's life plugged into the hub.
    4. Connect the hub to the CM+ and plug this into the PS4

edited for clarity
    Last edited by AntinOz; 4th October 16 at 09:01.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AntinOz For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

CSW V2 with BMW rim.

1. Hook everything up like in manual but leave everything unpowered.
    2. Turn on the CSW V2, red light will burn after calibrating in order to tell it's in PC mode.
    3. Press power button on PS4.
    4. Now when the PS4 is booting up, start pressing the yellow and lower LEFT black button simultaneously after about 10-15 sec of booting PS4. White light will burn to tell it's in PS3 mode.
    5. When PS4 shows the home screen, press DS4 PS button. You'll see message 'controller disconnected' and you're good to go.

This goes from latest driver and up (beta drivers)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kain_NL For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

@Kain_NL are you sure Red led is PC and White led is PS3? the CSW manual says the opposite

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Oops, I'll notify my direct contact at Fanatec to let them know. Cause I'm 1000% sure that on CSW V2: XB1 mode is green light, PC AND PS4 mode is red and PS3 mode is white.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kain_NL For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kain_NL View Post
    Oops, I'll notify my direct contact at Fanatec to let them know. Cause I'm 1000% sure that on CSW V2: XB1 mode is green light, PC AND PS4 mode is red and PS3 mode is white.
    Page 31 https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW-V2_Manual.pdf

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Sorry, that might indeed be confusing. But I meant the led ring around the power button of the CSW V2 base.
    Attachment 2949

The little led display also shows the PS3 mode with red dot, but primary is the light shown in picture.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I am still using CSW v2 fw 142. This is the procedure I’ve been using since the beginning :

1. Start PS3, connect USB from CSW V2 to it, Start CSW V2, Use select and O to get in PS3 mode. ( I know it can be done another way but I find this the quickest and more efficient for me, never failed. )
    2. Start PS4 with on/off button in front
    3. Connect the Cronusmax and wait for the repetitive A U
    4. Connect the DS4 (WHICH IS UNLIT) to the port #4 of the hub
    5. Connect the CSWV2 already in PS3 mode to the port #1 of the hub
    6. Connect the hub to the Cronusmax and wait for the 0
    7. Press X on the Fanatec wheel when prompted who is using the PS4

And Voila, never had an issue this way!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen1300 For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Wheel Edition

Hi Guys, just wanted to share my experience so far with the cronusmax plus and a Fanatec PWTS with CSP1. It works perfectly well and as the setup was a little tricky I'll describe what I did:

- connect the Wheel via USB to my PS4 and put it into PS3 Mode (doesn't matter if PS4 was truned on already or not)
    - unplug the wheel (don't switch the wheel off)
    - shut down the ps4
    - plug in the cronusmax (put to PS4 Wheel mode via the PC program before)
    - turn the PS4 on by the console switch
    - wait for the AU animation
    - put the DS4 controller to port 4 of the USB HUB(2.0 or lower will do - took a noname hub for 5 euros)
    - put the wheel on port number one
    - plug in the hub into the cronusmax input port
    - it will show the AU animation then the racing animation, after that the 0 and will repeat this once more after finally going to 0 which indicates it is ready to go

Start whatever game you want by the wheels buttons, works perfectly well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JSP70 For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Wheel Edition

another way is this one:

- start Ps4 with DS4 controller as usual connect wheel and put it into ps3 mode
    - disconnect wheel
    - start the game
    - press ps button on DS4 and switch controller off
    - plug in cronusmax (wheel mode operational mode), wait for AU animation and plugin wheel

works as well and is a little faster than the recommended way
    Last edited by JSP70; 8th May 17 at 06:12.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hey guys,

I followed many of your instructions but I never came to a solution how to connect my Clubsport Wheel V2 with my PS4. I have the newest firmware update (v1.24) my CronusMax Plus Cross Over as well as the PS4 Wheel Mode and the USB HUB is colored.
    Turning the wheel into PS3 mode also works fine but when I try to connect the wheel (wheel in Port 1, Controller in Port 4 - I also tried it the other way round) my CronusMax shows an "E" or it switches very fast between 0 and 8. Do you guys have any idea of what my issue could be?

Also I would like to ask whether it is possible to play on PS3 when your wheel is in PS3 mode and connected with CronusMax.

Thanks in charge!

Dave

EDIT: This is my USB HUB: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...01_s00?ie=UTF8 - It may help to find out where the problem is
    Last edited by DaveMAX; 17th May 17 at 18:06.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi Dave, tried the exact same hub didn't work for me either. It took me a while to get it working (oldest 1.1 usb hub worked - not for sale any more). Maybe it would help to try another DS4 Controller - if you got another one. Btw did you try to start the game with the DS4 and then turning it off and plugin in the cronusmax, after it shows AU animation plugin the usb hub (controller in Hub port 4 and wheel in hub port 1 - btw did you check the portnumbers, I wrote the numbers on it just to be sure) this brief start routine works fine for me all the time.

Hope it might help
    Jörg

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Thank you for your message, Jörg!

Unfortunately I do not have another Dualshock 4 controller. But yeah, I have checked the port numbers with USBview. The ingame method did not work as well. My PS4 is showing me some quick changes between "controller connected" and "connection lost" and then there comes the error message on CronusMAX.
    I tried 2 other USB Hubs as well. One is a no-name product, the other one is this: https://www.amazon.de/CSL-Verteiler-...ds=usb+csl+hub but it still won't work and show me an error message.
    Does anyone of you know which HUB will definitely work? Would need a little bit of research to find a used one but it would be better than buying more and more hubs.

Cheers

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I got today the cronusmax and all Ok.

I have a Fanatec CSW v2 and the CSL P1 wheel and the game Driveclub is working just fine with FFB.

- connect the console using the power button on the console;

- connect the dualshock to the usb hub in port 4;
    - connect the wheel to the usb hub in port 1 and turn it on, or connect it earlier;
    - now connect the usb hub to the console, directly to the console, keep cronusmax away;

- when the wheel is ready showing a green led in the power button, change to PC mode (red led) and then to PS3 mode (white led);
    - now, disconnect the usb hub, get the cronusmax and connect the hub to the cronusmax and then connect it to the console;
    - start the game.

This is was the way I did it and it work fine.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pjrblue For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMAX View Post
    Does anyone of you know which HUB will definitely work? Would need a little bit of research to find a used one but it would be better than buying more and more hubs.
    The usb hub that's recommended in the manual: http://shop.cronusmax.com/cronusmax-usb-hub.html

- - - Updated - - -

Also I would like to ask whether it is possible to play on PS3 when your wheel is in PS3 mode and connected with CronusMax.
    You wouldn't need a CronusMAX. It's already in PS3 Mode.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I ordered the CronusMAX USB HUB and recently received it. Still not working. Guys, come on: I spent almost 100€ on the device + HUB and it is still not possible to play on my ps4.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

I ordered the CronusMAX USB HUB and recently received it. Still not working. Guys, come on: I spent almost 100€ on the device + HUB and it is still not possible to play on my ps4.
    Not sure what your issue is, but you need to follow the instructions precisely.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/racing_w...ing_to_ps4.htm

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Well, I tried pretty much everything again today but with no luck. I have recorded the process so maybe it will be easier to find the problem. In the video I try port 2&4 but I went through all the other combinations as well. It might seem as the "0" just shows up but it is more like a blinking 8 on the CronusMAX: https://youtu.be/Uu5wqKjw95Y I hope it helps.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Absolutely nothing? Really? I have tried everything: disabled the dualshock 4 from my PS4 Pro, made it forget about it, choosing the USB-Mode, I set the settings you have written in the tutorial and here. I have the newest firmware + driver as well. I ordered 3 USB hubs plus your one and non of them did work. How do you explain yourself the problem?
    I have an idea: Could it be that the thing is broken? It seems like it is the only option but nobody here seems to care about this. Not the very best way to interact with a customer but if this is the way it has to be. Good luck for your further projects, guys. I will not be part of them.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Are there any chances to support CSW v2.5 on PS4?

Wrong topic :/ Sorry. Pls delete.
    Last edited by oddball85nh; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:05.