Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 6

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 6

We're now releasing this new version of Cronus PRO as a public beta due to the HUGE changes done under the hood, to prevent everyone from having issues and needing a fix like yesterday, we've started making larger changes in Beta builds rather than pushing them out as updates for everyone, this allows us to have a smaller group of people affected by bugs so that we can fix them rather than having to deal with a large number of complaints about these issues.

Some of you have likely experienced some random issues and/or completely different behavior from what you're expecting from your script(s) etc. This should be fixed with this beta as we've completely re-written the compiler and the interpreter in a different language. We've also decided to swap out the HID library (used to communicate with the CronusMAX PLUS itself).

With all of this re-writing of the major under-the-hood libraries, we're also able to get rid of the C++ 2010/2015 dependency (we no longer need C++) which, as a result should lead to less issues for people running Cronus PRO on a new PC (some of you may have had issues starting Cronus PRO without manually installing the C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 package). This is no longer going to be an issue.

While we re-wrote the compiler we also added several new features to it, mainly to make it easier for those familiar with programming in other languages such as C, C++, C# etc. to have things they're used to having such as "variable++" which is the equivalent of doing "variable = variable + 1". I find myself wanting this all the time, so i've implemented it

This Beta has been available to a select few members of our community for a couple of weeks now and we feel we nailed a number of the major bugs, so we've now decided to release it for everyone to enjoy. However as always with a beta, you should expect bugs to be present, so we will be relying on you to report any issues to us in this dedicated forum.

Below you'll found the changelog of what's changed since 1.12:

• HID Library completely re-written in C#
    • GPC Interpreter Library completely re-written in C# including the new opcodes - they're there but not fully functional (Needs ALOT of testing) some changes/fixes made:
      • get_ptime now function correctly and gives you the press or release time of the button
      • get_ptime is no longer limited to 4000 milliseconds, it's now limited to 32767
      • get_pvar and set_pvar are now functioning properly, they're however not kept between runs in X-Aim (yet)

• GPC Compiler Library completely re-written in C# with some additional functions, and lot's of bugfixes:

• Added a error line highlight to the code editor (it will now highlight the line that caused an error from the compiler) the default color is red but can be customized in the config (it supports some common names such as "red", "blue", "green" etc. and also ARGB annotations: #AARRGGBB (hex, similar to HTML except with the alpha aswell which is the opacity (FF for full color, 80 for semi-transparent)
    • Added support for jumping to the error when trying to compile a script that has an error in it
    • Fixed a issue with Online Library causing titles to not be wrapped correctly
    • Fixed a issue with the search function in Online Library - It will now search specifically for what you type in by default (unless using the new setting below):
    • Added "Advanced Search" to Online Library which lets you override the above fix (restore previous behavior where it does a broad search)
    • Added a "go to" command (Ctrl + G) which lets you jump to line x and column y (or just the line)
    • Fixed a issue where high contrast themes would make it very difficult (even impossible in most cases) to read what is/was displayed in Cronus PRO - it now looks the same regardless of your color settings, the window changes but nothing within Cronus PRO should now change
    • Added a message whenever an unexpected fatal error occurs in Cronus PRO (the error will be saved in %appdata%\Cronus\Error.log, send this to me if you stumble upon a error so i can fix the bug)
    • Added some sanity checks before flashing a firmware/gamepack/GPC script to avoid further firmware corruption issues
    • Added a option to enable/disable Accel/Gyro highlighting in the Device Monitor
    • Fixed a issue where a corrupt x-aim.cfg could potentially crash Cronus PRO (it is now logged and ignored - loading defaults instead)
    • Added a separate compiler instance for x-aim and CM+ use (as they don't support the same things, the CM+ has additional opcodes/functions not supported by x-aim)
    • Added a visual indicator as to how many {, [ and ( you have compared to }, ] and ) (currently it's just "OK" or "Bad" with details when you hover over it)
    • Fixed a issue where disconnecting the monitor then clicking a mouse button would make X-Aim exit capture mode NOTE: This fix MAY cause additional false positives in various antivirus software out there...
    • Added support for selecting to download the latest or previous firmware version
    • Fixed a issue where the PS4 Acc/Gyro and Touch wasn't available while using X-Aim
    • Fixed a issue where Xbox 360 remap profiles wouldn't generate GPC properly in MAX Mapper

Please post any bugs your encounter in this thread so we can fix them...

This beta can only be used for 30 days after it has been released, meaning it'll stop working after December 7

You can download it here: http://cronusmax.com/?ddownload=36461
    Last edited by Swizzy; 8th November 16 at 10:51.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Re: Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 6

so i'm using the same GPC script I had before the beta, and now it's telling me "ERROR: Unable to find a constant named 'CEMU_EXTRA1'". CEMU_EXTRA1 and CEMU_EXTRA2 are my extra buttons on X-AIM. What do I use now or how do I fix that?
    Last edited by jaylib; 8th November 16 at 11:47.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaylib View Post
    so i'm using the same GPC script I had before the beta, and now it's telling me "ERROR: Unable to find a constant named 'CEMU_EXTRA1'". CEMU_EXTRA1 and CEMU_EXTRA2 are my extra buttons on X-AIM. What do I use now or how do I fix that?
    That's because you're attempting to compile using the CronusMAX Plus compiler (F7 or F5) if you instead try to load it in X-Aim, it'll use the X-Aim compiler which has those defined

an alternative is to use the numbers instead;

CEMU_EXTRA1 = 21
    CEMU_EXTRA2 = 22
    CEMU_EXTRA3 = 23
    CEMU_EXTRA4 = 24
    CEMU_EXTRA5 = 25
    CEMU_EXTRA6 = 26
    CEMU_EXTRA7 = 27
    CEMU_EXTRA8 = 28
    CEMU_EXTRA9 = 29
    Last edited by Swizzy; 8th November 16 at 12:26.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

When I go to download it goes a quarter of the way and stops all anti virus is off any idea's to what I need to do to get it to install?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cripple View Post
    When I go to download it goes a quarter of the way and stops all anti virus is off any idea's to what I need to do to get it to install?
    Try restarting your router and/or modem

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cripple View Post
    Works fine for me in Chrome - I haven't had to disable any of my AV tools

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Got it going thanks again!

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Thank you very much for this update. There are a lot of improvements that are definitely very useful.
    Arithmetic on constant is something I wished. The correction for functions without return was really needed. I dont count how many time I forgot to add this return.

Now for my first try. I gave a shot on my script here http://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=3214&r=p to watch where are the warnings.
    Im not fully English-spoken but some warnings are not clear enough for me, and I dont know what to do to correct this:

• WARNING: The value of the data entry found on line 667 column 4 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1).

I suppose that as my value is 255, Ill have some problem after but since its the last value its not really a problem.

• I have a bunch of warning of unused functions , but all my function are used.

and last, I know that I have a bug in my script but its not caught by the compiler.
    at line 256 and 268, I forgot to add a semi colon=> no warning In the previous version nor in this beta.

Thank you again for your next release and your hard work on this.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jjinkou2 View Post
    Thank you very much for this update. There are a lot of improvements that are definitely very useful.
    Arithmetic on constant is something I wished. The correction for functions without return was really needed. I don’t count how many time I forgot to add this return.

Now for my first try. I gave a shot on my script here http://cronusmax.com/gpclib/?s=3214&r=p to watch where are the warnings.
    I’m not fully English-spoken but some warnings are not clear enough for me, and I don’t know what to do to correct this:

• WARNING: The value of the data entry found on line 667 column 4 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1).

I suppose that as my value is 255, I’ll have some problem after but since it’s the last value it’s not really a problem.

and last, I know that I have a bug in my script but it’s not caught by the compiler.
    at line 256 and 268, I forgot to add a semi colon=> no warning In the previous version nor in this beta.

Are you saying it's triggering the data warning on 8-bit edge values? (0 to 255 or -127 to 128) if so, i need to fix that... that warning isn't much you can do about per-say, it's more of a friendly reminder that offsets aren't 1:1 when mixing in 16-bit values (the value takes 2 bytes to store, so offsets/indexes go +1 after this value compared to what you might expect)

I will look into the user functions bug, i probably set the flag incorrectly somewhere or something stupid like that...

Semi-colon ( ; ) are completely optional, they may be required sometimes for the compiler to understand your code (such as doing the example below)

Without the ; after return, the next statement will be handled like it's part of the return (which is wrong)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Nice job! and no memory leak . Wish I could say that for Max Combo.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    Are you saying it's triggering the data warning on 8-bit edge values? (0 to 255 or -127 to 128)
    All i can say is that my end of data is

and EOD is
    define EOD = 255; // End of Data Segment

would it be difficult to add the functionnality to deal with nibble easier than set_bit / get_bit?
    sometimes i use a int just to store a value that could fit into 4bit.

an equivalent of this would be really interesting (not the structure but the possibility to adress 4 bits)

Last edited by KittyDawn; 9th November 16 at 08:15. Reason: Double post, please use the edit function

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

So yes, it is dealing with it incorrectly and i'll have to check where i got that wrong, i probably do >= rather then > by accident when i check the value (or possibly i messed up how it handles signed/unsigned)

Thanks for the bug reports so far, i really appreciate it

would it be difficult to add the functionnality to deal with nibble easier than set_bit / get_bit?
    sometimes i use a int just to store a value that could fit into 4bit.

an equivalent of this would be really interesting (not the structure but the possibility to adress 4 bits)

Sadly, this would be very difficult to manage from a compiler point of view without also changing the way the firmware works (meaning the interpreter that actually runs your script)

Quote Originally Posted by testah2 View Post
    Nice job! and no memory leak . Wish I could say that for Max Combo.
    Care to explain what you mean by that exactly?
    Last edited by Swizzy; 9th November 16 at 08:52.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

It is all good, was venting about the plugin Max Combo. Buffer gets funny after it has ran for a bit you can hit stop and it lags. Then you have to restart Cronus Pro to get it to act right.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by testah2 View Post
    It is all good, was venting about the plugin Max Combo. Buffer gets funny after it has ran for a bit you can hit stop and it lags. Then you have to restart Cronus Pro to get it to act right.
    I'll try to fix it so it doesn't lock up the UI, right now all of the code generation for the combo's generated are done on the UI thread, it shouldn't be a problem most of the time as it shouldn't be more then approximately 100 * 30 (30 000) iterations (it captures one packet every 10ms, which means there's 100 packets captured every second... and it's capped to 30 seconds...)

** edit: **

I've fixed this for the next update, not entirely sure when i'll be releasing that yet, as there are so far only really minor changes that aren't vital, perhaps this one could be considered vital, but, leave the software alone for a few minutes and it should recover and give you the recorded combo

Arithmetic on constant is something I wished. The correction for functions without return was really needed. I don’t count how many time I forgot to add this return.

I’m not fully English-spoken but some warnings are not clear enough for me, and I don’t know what to do to correct this:

I suppose that as my value is 255, I’ll have some problem after but since it’s the last value it’s not really a problem.

and last, I know that I have a bug in my script but it’s not caught by the compiler.

I can inform everyone i've fixed the above mentioned bugs, and i've added support for seeing unused combos, function arguments and variables...

Variables are mentioned in 3 different cases:
    • unused - It's not used anywhere at all (neither assigned a value nor read) - This will be printed even if you use it as a base for array indexes which may or may not be a good thing, let me know what you guys think about that
    • assigned but not used - It's assigned a value but is never used anywhere (it's value is never checked/used anywhere)
    • used but not assigned - It's never assigned a value and will therefor always return 0 as it's value (this is the default value any variable is given) - NOTE: giving a variable a value when you define it or in the init section counts as assigning it a value, perhaps i should change that behavior and have it tell you when a variable is given a value at startup but never changes...?
    Last edited by Swizzy; 9th November 16 at 15:12.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

You know I just bought the cronus over the titanone. The fact i have to jump through hoops and be forced to read threads instead of just browsing threads and forums looking ro see what is offered is a waste of my time. I did NOT just spend 60 dollars jerked around. You can keep your hoops ill jsut order a titan one and wait for it in the mail. Thank you anyways.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zandicar View Post
    You know I just bought the cronus over the titanone. The fact i have to jump through hoops and be forced to read threads instead of just browsing threads and forums looking ro see what is offered is a waste of my time. I did NOT just spend 60 dollars jerked around. You can keep your hoops ill jsut order a titan one and wait for it in the mail. Thank you anyways.
    How is this related to this beta release?

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Can you post your entire script?

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Last edited by sky418; 10th November 16 at 12:49.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

You're not posting the entire script like i asked you, that warning about unused functions issue has been fixed in an upcoming update (being released today actually)

There's nothing wrong with that color function...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast