Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 7

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 7

We'll be releasing this today... here are the changes since 1.20 Beta 6:

• Fixed an issue where the exit mode string wouldn't update properly while running X-Aim
    • Moved GPC Generation to a background thread in MAX Combo making the UI not lock itself while processing all the data...
    • Fixed a bug in the new compiler causing edge values for the 8-bit range (0 - 255 and/or -128 - 127) to trigger a warning about the value being 16-bit (which isn't true), with this fix i also added the actual value to the warning message to make it a little bit easier to understand what triggered it
    • Fixed a bug causing the unused function warning to always pop up regardless of if the function was used or not
    • Added warnings about unused function arguments and combos
    • Added warnings about unused variables with the following cases:
      • unused - It's not used anywhere at all (neither assigned a value nor read) - This will be printed even if you use it as a base for array indexes which may or may not be a good thing, let me know what you guys think about that
      • assigned but not used - It's assigned a value but is never used anywhere (it's value is never checked/used anywhere)
      • used but not assigned - It's never assigned a value and will therefor always return 0 as it's value (this is the default value any variable is given) - NOTE: giving a variable a value when you define it or in the init section counts as assigning it a value, perhaps i should change that behavior and have it tell you when a variable is given a value at startup but never changes...?

For a full list of changes since 1.12 check out the release thread for 1.20 Beta 6: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...RO-1-20-Beta-6

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Last edited by sky418; 10th November 16 at 14:42.

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Re: Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 7

is this just for the pro or the plus too?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by discoweezy View Post
    This is the PC Software, not the Device Firmware

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by discoweezy View Post
    Not sure what you mean?

This is the Cronus Pro Software that works any hardware flashed with the CronusMAX PLUS Firmware.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

thanks for the post, but i'm sure when it's not beta anymore i can just do Tools, cronus max pro Update , which doesnt upgrade to the beta 7 now so still bugs right ?

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Awesome!! My Cronus has jacked upsince I bought it. I hope this works. I am a first time user and the GOW 4 has no help manual with it. Any suggestions?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hebs View Post
    thanks for the post, but i'm sure when it's not beta anymore i can just do Tools, cronus max pro Update , which doesnt upgrade to the beta 7 now so still bugs right ?
    Once it goes final version it will be released as an update for everyone to download...

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

The same problem with the same script ( in the top)
    twise pressing enable and not dissable combo.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

nice

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Setup: CronusMax Plus (using BT), PS4, PS4/DS4 Controller, Windows 10 x64, CronusPRO 1.2 Beta 7

Using beta 7 now, I'm using X-Aim (with the monitor disconnected from the host machine) it's working much better now!

I did observe a couple of 'hiccups' though.
    1. The CronusMax Plus stopped working once while playing and I had to disconnect and reconnect it to the PlayStation to get it working again.
    (This occured while 1.2b7 was running and plugged into the CronusMax Plus in X-Aim mode.)
    2. There was a single instance where X-Aim stopped working (exited capture mode) randomly (I did not press Ctrl-Esc)
    I did however press Ctrl-W when it happened but I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence as I couldn't reproduce this.

Also as a suggestion, there are two things I'd really like to see.
    1. Keeping the mouse settings menu open when in capture mode (just to make things quicker to play with.)
    2. A key combination to enter capture mode for those random times that it randomly exits capture mode.

Also, thanks for the update! Loving all the changes overall.
    Last edited by Kyle Broflovski; 12th November 16 at 02:16.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Does the client auto update?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Broflovski View Post
    Setup: CronusMax Plus (using BT), PS4, PS4/DS4 Controller, Windows 10 x64, CronusPRO 1.2 Beta 7

Using beta 7 now, I'm using X-Aim (with the monitor disconnected from the host machine) it's working much better now!

I did observe a couple of 'hiccups' though.
    1. The CronusMax Plus stopped working once while playing and I had to disconnect and reconnect it to the PlayStation to get it working again.
    (This occured while 1.2b7 was running and plugged into the CronusMax Plus in X-Aim mode.)
    2. There was a single instance where X-Aim stopped working (exited capture mode) randomly (I did not press Ctrl-Esc)
    I did however press Ctrl-W when it happened but I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence as I couldn't reproduce this.

Also as a suggestion, there are two things I'd really like to see.
    1. Keeping the mouse settings menu open when in capture mode (just to make things quicker to play with.)
    2. A key combination to enter capture mode for those random times that it randomly exits capture mode.

Also, thanks for the update! Loving all the changes overall.
    No idea about the first issue there, if it happens again, can you try to give us an indication of roughly what you did when this happened aswell as what happened on the CM itself, if you're able to see anything change there)

Second one is also a bit difficult, it's still possible that something else on your computer stealing away the focus makes it exit out of capture mode, meaning - a notification from windows could potentially cause this to happen, i might at some point change things around so you can select if you want it to capture in foreground (exit with alt + tab etc. aswell) or go background (exit only if you tell it to or the app crashes for whatever reason)

We'll take your suggestions into consideration, you're not the first to ask for a key combination to enter capture mode, it'd be great if you could help with some suggestions on what keys you'd prefer to have for that

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfberthwarbear View Post
    Does the client auto update?
    No, it doesn't automatically update within beta builds, nor does it automatically update to beta builds, it will however automatically update to 1.20 final when it's released, if we make it a mandatory update which we probably will...

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Exclamation Re: Cronus PRO 1.20 Beta 7

Focus may have been stolen by Chrome now that I think about it, maybe a friendly one time prompt for new users suggesting to close down unnecessary programs before using X-Aim. Would make for a slighter better UX.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    We'll take your suggestions into consideration, you're not the first to ask for a key combination to enter capture mode, it'd be great if you could help with some suggestions on what keys you'd prefer to have for that
    Personally I think something like Ctrl-Shift-Enter would be a good and relatively safe (unused by other programs with key event hooks) combination.

I'm not fully in tune with changes being made to the GPC compiler, other than it looks like it's being transitioned to C#,
    but I have a script that is syntactically correct yet the main loop is being blocked.
    I tested the same script in 1.12 and this beta, in 1.12 it works without a hitch.

I distilled the script to make it easier to troubleshoot.
    Also I noticed the new GPC compiler does not complain about assigning constants with names like true.

Here is the script.
    Last edited by Kyle Broflovski; 12th November 16 at 14:52. Reason: Fixed incorrect CronusPro version number.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Focus may have been stolen by Chrome now that I think about it, maybe a friendly one time prompt for new users suggesting to close down unnecessary programs before using X-Aim. Would make for a slighter better UX.

Personally I think something like Ctrl-Shift-Enter would be a good and relatively safe (unused by other programs with key event hooks) combination.

I'm not fully in tune with changes being made to the GPC compiler, other than it looks like it's being transitioned to C#,
    but I have a script that is syntactically correct yet the main loop is being blocked.
    I tested the same script in 1.23 and this beta, in 1.23 it works without a hitch.

I distilled the script to make it easier to troubleshoot.
    Also I noticed the new GPC compiler does not complain about assigning constants with names like true.

Here is the script.
    "true" is fine to define, always has been, however "TRUE" is not... it's case-sensitive, and the built-in definition is upper case, infact, all built-in constants are uppercase

I will try to investigate the other issues you mentioned with the script, see what's causing the issue and fix it if i can =)

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I guess that's probably just a bug in 1.12 then, because the 1.12 compiler gives the error
    Code:
    ERROR: a constant with the name 'true' has already been defined!
    I should have noted in my script, that removing one or the other of the problematic sections enables the main loop to finish, but together they seem to block.
    Also I noticed that doing an
    Code:
    if (1 == 1)
    statement causes the VM to crash as well. (at least in the script)
    Last edited by Kyle Broflovski; 12th November 16 at 14:53.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

I guess that's probably just a bug in 1.12 then, because the 1.12 compiler gives the error
    Code:
    ERROR: a constant with the name 'true' has already been defined!
    I should have noted in my script, that removing one or the other of the problematic sections enables the main loop to finish, but together they seem to block.
    Also I noticed that doing an
    Code:
    if (1 == 1)
    statement causes the VM to crash as well. (at least in the script)
    I've fixed the first bug now, the second i have a hard time reproducing, are you sure it's "if (1 == 1)" that's the actual cause of the crash? that's literally translated to "if (1)" as it's a constant arithmetic, these are done at compile time where possible...

The bug you discovered earlier could potentially cause a ton of issues depending on how your code is set up, starting a function/combo/main after a init/main/combo/function (ending with a else or else if, combo's end with one of those automatically) would mess things up when having a else coming after it...

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Awesome! I'm happy to hear it.

Sorry, maybe it was just a quirk, CronusPro and CronusMaxPlus had both been experiencing problems due to the constant testing I was doing to figure out the cause of the crashing.
    Upon restarting CronusPro today though, trying to reproduce the problem "(1 == 1)" it's no longer crashing.

Originally I just wrote it that way in the bare bones script to highlight the original flow,
    I had a variable with the value of 1 and was comparing it to another variable which at start of the script also had a value of 1

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Beautiful. Thanks.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Very well done, I'm glad to see that it gets its updates regularly.