Topic: Cronus Max does not work with Cronus Max usb hub

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Cronus Max does not work with Cronus Max usb hub

Hello!

I havent been on here in a while Ive still been going through the process of plugging my xbox 1 controller into the unit then switching out the wireless antennae to get the unit to work every time . So.....

I bought the Cronus Max USB hub the one with your logo on it no instructions came with it. So I followed the instructions on your site which said . Plug xbox one controller into slot one. Then I plugged the Cronus Max unit with the wireless a antenae thing plugged in to slot 4 of the usb hub. it doesnt work the window just keeps repeating the search signal and A-U can you point me to the directions on how to make this work please? I searched the forums and saw nothing. Thank you so much!!!

Im sorry if this is annoying.

Last edited by ZIM001; 7th January 17 at 20:50.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Cronus Max does not work with Cronus Max usb hub

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Might be worth trying to downgrade the firmware to 1.22 aswell using our beta

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Hello Swizzy,

Thank you so much for your response I appreciate it. Before I download that I have a question. The USB Hub I purchased was your brand are you saying that the #s on your own device may be off? Thank you very much for your help!!! I will await your answer.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM001 View Post
    Hello Swizzy,

Thank you so much for your response I appreciate it. Before I download that I have a question. The USB Hub I purchased was your brand are you saying that the #s on your own device may be off? Thank you very much for your help!!! I will await your answer.
    I don't think we make one ourselves, but yes... all usb hubs may have mismatched physical ports, it has to do with the controller chip used... they may or may not be consistent with the physical to logical mapping

Normally it doesn't really matter, but due to the way it's used by CronusMAX it does...
    Last edited by Swizzy; 11th January 17 at 02:22.

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Hello!

I havent been on here in a while Ive still been going through the process of plugging my xbox 1 controller into the unit then switching out the wireless antennae to get the unit to work every time . So.....

I bought the Cronus Max USB hub the one with your logo on it no instructions came with it. So I followed the instructions on your site which said . Plug xbox one controller into slot one. Then I plugged the Cronus Max unit with the wireless a antenae thing plugged in to slot 4 of the usb hub. it doesnt work the window just keeps repeating the search signal and A-U can you point me to the directions on how to make this work please? I searched the forums and saw nothing. Thank you so much!!!

Im sorry if this is annoying.

Sounds

Sounds like you're not connecting everything correctly. You need to have the CronusMAX plugged into your console, just like you normally would. Then plug the hub into the Cronus, and your controllers into the required ports, following the guide that Kitty has posted for you

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

The USB Hub I purchased was your brand are you saying that the #s on your own device may be off?
    No, he was asking you if you were using the correct ports.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Swizzy and GL0ZZ3N

Thank you for your responses!! Im just a bit confused ,I want to make sure that I am doing this all correctly now

The Cronus Max does not work without reauthenticating with every use. I was told that the solution to that problem is to get a USB port.

I have the USB port. now the process is to plug the Cronus Max unit into the xbox one then plug the USB hub into the cronus max and then what? I have one controller antennae that goes to one controller, its the only one that will be used on this xbox one. does that go into usb hub port 1 and the the actual XBOX one Controller without batteries go into USB hub port 4? please advise. and also does doing it this way require an initial authentication the same as im doing now? If so, in what port to I preform the authentication process? beffore or after I plug in the USB port to the cronus max

Thank you both again for your help on this!!! I am really sorry for all this confusion I am having I appreciate your help with this immensely!!!!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

You connect the USB HUB to your CM, then you connect the auth controller into port 4 (logical port 4, may or may not be physical port 4) and the game controller into port 1 (likewise) once you have all controllers hooked up, you connect the CM to the console... as long as it's HUB compatible (you can see this in CronusPRO by the USB logo being colored and not grayscale, or by going to the about window (F1) where it's written in plain text...)

I recommend you read these manual pages:

http://cronusmax.com/manual/usb_hub_guide.htm <--- Basic USB HUB guide
    http://cronusmax.com/manual/finding_...rt_numbers.htm <--- Guide to finding the logical ports
    http://cronusmax.com/manual/usb_hub_troubleshooting.htm <--- Troubleshooting in case it still don't work

If after you followed these 3 pages you're still having issues, please to let us know the exact model of HUB you're using and what behavior you're seeing with the controllers etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

You have to re-authenticate but its done automatically. The manual is pretty clear on this. It gives you to pages - without hub (manual) and with hub (auto).

But it sure does sound like there's something wrong with your setup - or something faulty.