Topic: Not working - E 2 after rebooting (Solved)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Not working - E 2 after rebooting (Solved)

Solution:
    The error E2 use to relate to an issue eliminated a few firmwares ago. It now only shows it's head when an unauthorised device has the CM+ firmware written to it.

If a firmware recovery doesn't fix it, I would suggest seeking a refund and purchasing from an authorized retailer.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/firmware_recovery.htm

Original Post:

Hi,

I just got a brand new CronusMAX PLUS and I got this exclusivly for getting my fanatec wheel to work on my PS4. So unwrapping the present and trying to set it up left me with a bad feeling and a not working CronusMAX.

So what did I try so far. First I followed the instructions right here: http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech...ing_to_ps4.htm and I almost finished these steps. The most important is failing all the time: Set Cronus Operational Mode to PS4 Wheel Edition is failing. I choose the operational mode - click 'next', follow the instruction, reading what it does and after I got the information on screen that everthing is fine, the flashing of the device itself is leaving me with the Error E2. All the time.

I checked this forum - got some topics near to my problem, so I tried to get a new Cronus Pro Beta, using the 1.22 version to be flashed on the device, same problem, 1.23 nothing changed. Everytime after getting the message, that everything is fine (leaving me with booting the device or something like this). All the time I only get the LED to the E2 mode - afterwards setting it to P mode - flashing again...

The only successful working operational mode switch is the tournament mode - this I don't need right now. But it's working and the software shows this mode in the status bar as well.

What can I do to get this thing working? It's version v3 - it's brand new from amazon (there is a label on the backside), so it's not from an unsupported retailer.

Help wanted!
    Last edited by Picklock; 2 Days Ago at 00:26.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMAX PLUS PS4 Wheel Edition NOT working - E 2 after rebooting

Do you remember what version the firmware was before you tried the wheel mode and did you buy it from Collective Minds?

Amazon has listings from different retailers and Collective Minds is the only authorised retailer on Amazon as far as I remember.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi,

I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.de/Cronusmax-V3-2...dp/B013E2KD5M/ and the version of the firmware was up-to-date (1.23).

Regards,
    Frank

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

http://www.gamesonly.at/CronusMAX_kaufen.html are the authorised retailers in Germany.

The error E2 used to relate to was eliminated a few firmwares ago. It now only shows it's head when an unauthorised device has the CM+ firmware written to it.

If a firmware recovery doesn't fix it, I would suggest seeking a refund and purchasing from elsewhere.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/firmware_recovery.htm

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Okay... but this is a joke, isn't it? This was bought via amazon and delivered via amazon and not via some creepy internet shop. Then I will return this and hopefully get a authorised one via gamesonly (located in Austria). Weird.

Thanks for clarification!

Regards.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi,

got a new one from gamesonly and it's working.

A shame that there are retailers selling old hardware, flashing it with new firmeware and not mention that there might be problems with the core functionality.

PS: Topic can be closed. No further actions necessary...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danish For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update!

I think we should leave this thread up in case others have similar issues, much appreciated though

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    Okay... but this is a joke, isn't it? This was bought via amazon and delivered via amazon and not via some creepy internet shop.
    Unfortunately creepy internet shops also sell on Amazon. It's become much like eBay now.......

http://cronusmax.com/authorized-amazon-sellers/