Topic: GPC Beginner/Intermediate Template Support

I Am Error

User Info Menu

GPC Beginner/Intermediate Template Support

I'm pretty tired right now so I'll keep this short and update it when I wake up.

This is the support thread for the GPC Beginner/Intermediate Template I've been working on, located here.
    I've been building this as not only a way to help people understand how the GPC works better, but also to be a ready-to-go template you can customize as needed. I find this particularly useful as I generally don't use(at least not always) separate scripts for different games. A lot of the time I use the same one, and if it needs to be different, I'll simply add or slightly modify part of it.

I also intend to use pastebin to supply a "minimalized" version with comments, definitions, and spaces removed when it's okay to do so, in order to save as much space as possible. For now however the pastebin link is just a mirror.

I'll be giving support in this topic as much as I can, as often as time allows me, however I'm not a guru with GPC, this was just born from the fact I made and have always kept a template file for GPC scripting, it's saved me time and trouble, and felt others could benefit from it in some way.

I'll be including LED indication of course, and some Touchpad stuff later on, to give an idea of just how many "button activation combos" you could potentially do.

This is of course also covered in the GPC Scripting Guide, I just wanted to put out my own opinions, you never know if it'll help someone.

In any case I've droned on long enough, suggestions are of course welcome and appreciated.

Side note: Is there still no way to access the GPC compiler externally to check scripts? I'd really like to be able to compile directly for Notepad++.
    Last edited by Swizzy; 14th January 17 at 12:30. Reason: Updated link to script to be to the actual script

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neriek For This Useful Post:

Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

User Info Menu

Re: GPC Beginner/Intermediate Template Support

Use announcement topic link in online library , to link your thread here with the template posted in online library.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Neriek View Post
    Side note: Is there still no way to access the GPC compiler externally to check scripts? I'd really like to be able to compile directly for Notepad++.
    Right now, there is no such setup for the general public, but we might in the future release a CLI version of the compiler, it's something we'd have to discuss internally in the team, i'll ask those responsible for making such decisions and we'll see how things goes (we already have a CLI version for internal use)

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Use announcement topic link in online library , to link your thread here with the template posted in online library.
    Already did that, put the post number in the first time lol. But it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    Right now, there is no such setup for the general public, but we might in the future release a CLI version of the compiler, it's something we'd have to discuss internally in the team, i'll ask those responsible for making such decisions and we'll see how things goes (we already have a CLI version for internal use)
    Yes I thought you might have one, would be awesome if everyone is okay with it, thanks for asking them. It would just save me a lot of laziness lol, and there's an oddity with cronuspro where it doesn't auto-update a script that's been externally modified( I understand that cronuspro may not have that feature), however when you reload it without closing the script first, it opens another. I know some people may find this useful in case something goes so wrong with their script they want to revert, but that's what backups are for.