Topic: G27 losing power / not making it through calibration

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

G27 losing power / not making it through calibration

Just received my CronusMax Plus and Amazon USB hub today today. Upgraded firmware, and followed the ps4 wheel edition guide.

The CronusMax Plus is ready to go in race mode, but when I plug the wheel into the USB hub, the wheel starts to calibrate (green light on) but then stops immediately (green light off). This happens over and over, just quick bursts of power where it bangs the limit to the right over and over. If I move the g27 from port 1 to port 2, the power lasts a little bit longer, to 3, even longer, and 4 even longer. Still never enough to actually make it through the full cycle of the steering wheel turning all the way to the right, to the left, and the center.

The wheel works just fine with PS3, so I know it isn't a bad wheel. If I plug the USB hub (or even just the wheel) directly into the PS4 instead of the CronusMax, the calibration is fine, so it's only happening when I'm plugging it into the CronusMax Plus.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Ben

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: G27 losing power / not making it through calibration

Quote Originally Posted by wutangben View Post
    Just received my CronusMax Plus and Amazon USB hub today today. Upgraded firmware, and followed the ps4 wheel edition guide.

The CronusMax Plus is ready to go in race mode, but when I plug the wheel into the USB hub, the wheel starts to calibrate (green light on) but then stops immediately (green light off). This happens over and over, just quick bursts of power where it bangs the limit to the right over and over. If I move the g27 from port 1 to port 2, the power lasts a little bit longer, to 3, even longer, and 4 even longer. Still never enough to actually make it through the full cycle of the steering wheel turning all the way to the right, to the left, and the center.

The wheel works just fine with PS3, so I know it isn't a bad wheel. If I plug the USB hub (or even just the wheel) directly into the PS4 instead of the CronusMax, the calibration is fine, so it's only happening when I'm plugging it into the CronusMax Plus.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hey Ben, did you happen to figure out your problem? I have the same exact setup as you and having the identical problem. I am thinking its possibly an issue with the amazonbasics hub??? i dont have another hub to try either.

Blaine

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Figured it out, was a charge only usb cable that was connected to my DS4 controller, changed the cable to my controller to a better cable and it works great now

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CaPiTaN View Post
    Figured it out, was a charge only usb cable that was connected to my DS4 controller, changed the cable to my controller to a better cable and it works great now
    you know, I thought that may have been my problem, but I figured that the ps4 controller part of it was solely for the authentication every 10 min. will give this a try, gotta order up a data cable and report back.

thanks!