Topic: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

Hi, im a disabled gamer (c6 quadraplegic) and recently bought an ultimate arcade 2 controller. The controller uses the cronus max to be compatible for the ps3, xbox, etc. but I really want to be able and play the nintendo switch. Will there be an update for the cronus max so it can work with the switch since the new console does have usb ports? If so, how long would it take to develop?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

We're currently not working on it, and it's not possible to add to the current hardware anyway. But if enough customers want it we may look into it adding suppprt to a future new device - absolutely

Once we begin there is no way to tell beforehand how long it will take as it's a brand new system that probably don't use a standard communication protocol, there are also no guarantee's that there is USB controller support on the switch, it may be purely wireless.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I would love this. I have the pro controller and that connects via USB and wireless, however, I'm not sure if it sends data over the wire.

I think this is a great opportunity for CronusMax to get ahead of the game - give people an opportunity to use their Xbox Elite controller (for example) on Zelda and I'm sure you'll see alot of new orders!

Additionally with some potentially quite competitive games incoming, such as Splatoon, I'd say now is a good opportunity to do it and beat your competition, who will inevitably be looking into this.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I really hope you do start working on it. I have heard that the switch is doing pretty well in sales and i really think the demand will be there. They say its the most successful nintendo console since the gamecube and a lot of third party support was announced for it. Besides, I hope you can at least try to do this to help the disabled community since we really have no other choice as to how to play, not only competitive and online games, but games in general. Please notify us if/when you decide to take on this project. P.S. when I wrote this reply i had to separate each word after writing the whole thing, there seems to be a bug that doesnt allow me to push the space bar at the end of the text.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Would really be nice to see some progress on this instead of a mod telling us who are requesting it that its not requested. Or that the console is broken. Or that its a waste of their time. Clearly you just don't care about people who use Nintendo consoles. It can be done. They just don't want to. There is nothing wrong with the Switch hardware of software. You just don't want to be bothered with actually doing it. You've added profiles for so many random controllers that are hardly used, yet you outright refuse to offer switch support.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    Would really be nice to see some progress on this instead of a mod telling us who are requesting it that its not requested. Or that the console is broken. Or that its a waste of their time. Clearly you just don't care about people who use Nintendo consoles. It can be done. They just don't want to. There is nothing wrong with the Switch hardware of software. You just don't want to be bothered with actually doing it. You've added profiles for so many random controllers that are hardly used, yet you outright refuse to offer switch support.
    Fortunately for me, I found how to use the ps3 controllers with the switch. Using a brook superconveter. Thanks for nothing cronusmax.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elandyboys92 View Post
    Fortunately for me, I found how to use the ps3 controllers with the switch. Using a brook superconveter. Thanks for nothing cronusmax.
    Maybe they're just focusing on the real consoles.

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

I understand why the wii u was never supported, but the switch is shaping up to be an even better seller than the ps4, ignoring the switch "because it's nintendo" doesn't make sense anymore.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    I understand why the wii u was never supported, but the switch is shaping up to be an even better seller than the ps4, ignoring the switch "because it's nintendo" doesn't make sense anymore.
    It's not "because it's nintendo" like you say it, it's because of multiple reasons - for example, there's not much space left in the firmware to support this, and we're working on alot of other things at the moment which are taking all available free time.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elandyboys92 View Post
    Isn't that the device that has to have a different one for every console version and they can be blocked at anytime with a simple update due to a cloned (illegal) serial number?

But yes, if you want to use all the features of a CronusMAX on the Nintendo Switch you can daisychain it with that converter (and there are other standalone devices for the switch too, I'm sure they will work)

I'll even provide a link for the benefit of others

https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Conv.../dp/B075445R7C

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post: