Results 1 to 13 of 13

Topic: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

  1. #1
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Hi, im a disabled gamer (c6 quadraplegic) and recently bought an ultimate arcade 2 controller. The controller uses the cronus max to be compatible for the ps3, xbox, etc. but I really want to be able and play the nintendo switch. Will there be an update for the cronus max so it can work with the switch since the new console does have usb ports? If so, how long would it take to develop?

  2. #2
    Swizzy's Avatar Swizzy
    Guest

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    We're currently not working on it, and it's not possible to add to the current hardware anyway. But if enough customers want it we may look into it adding suppprt to a future new device - absolutely

    Once we begin there is no way to tell beforehand how long it will take as it's a brand new system that probably don't use a standard communication protocol, there are also no guarantee's that there is USB controller support on the switch, it may be purely wireless.

  3. #3
    Fastest Thing Alive

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    I would love this. I have the pro controller and that connects via USB and wireless, however, I'm not sure if it sends data over the wire.

    I think this is a great opportunity for CronusMax to get ahead of the game - give people an opportunity to use their Xbox Elite controller (for example) on Zelda and I'm sure you'll see alot of new orders!

    Additionally with some potentially quite competitive games incoming, such as Splatoon, I'd say now is a good opportunity to do it and beat your competition, who will inevitably be looking into this.

  4. #4
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    I really hope you do start working on it. I have heard that the switch is doing pretty well in sales and i really think the demand will be there. They say its the most successful nintendo console since the gamecube and a lot of third party support was announced for it. Besides, I hope you can at least try to do this to help the disabled community since we really have no other choice as to how to play, not only competitive and online games, but games in general. Please notify us if/when you decide to take on this project. P.S. when I wrote this reply i had to separate each word after writing the whole thing, there seems to be a bug that doesnt allow me to push the space bar at the end of the text.

  5. #5
    I Am Error

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Would really be nice to see some progress on this instead of a mod telling us who are requesting it that its not requested. Or that the console is broken. Or that its a waste of their time. Clearly you just don't care about people who use Nintendo consoles. It can be done. They just don't want to. There is nothing wrong with the Switch hardware of software. You just don't want to be bothered with actually doing it. You've added profiles for so many random controllers that are hardly used, yet you outright refuse to offer switch support.

  6. #6
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    Would really be nice to see some progress on this instead of a mod telling us who are requesting it that its not requested. Or that the console is broken. Or that its a waste of their time. Clearly you just don't care about people who use Nintendo consoles. It can be done. They just don't want to. There is nothing wrong with the Switch hardware of software. You just don't want to be bothered with actually doing it. You've added profiles for so many random controllers that are hardly used, yet you outright refuse to offer switch support.
    Fortunately for me, I found how to use the ps3 controllers with the switch. Using a brook superconveter. Thanks for nothing cronusmax.

  7. #7
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by elandyboys92 View Post
    Fortunately for me, I found how to use the ps3 controllers with the switch. Using a brook superconveter. Thanks for nothing cronusmax.
    Maybe they're just focusing on the real consoles.

  8. #8
    Zeal Prophet

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    I understand why the wii u was never supported, but the switch is shaping up to be an even better seller than the ps4, ignoring the switch "because it's nintendo" doesn't make sense anymore.

  9. #9
    Swizzy's Avatar Swizzy
    Guest

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    I understand why the wii u was never supported, but the switch is shaping up to be an even better seller than the ps4, ignoring the switch "because it's nintendo" doesn't make sense anymore.
    It's not "because it's nintendo" like you say it, it's because of multiple reasons - for example, there's not much space left in the firmware to support this, and we're working on alot of other things at the moment which are taking all available free time.

  10. #10
    Forum Admin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by elandyboys92 View Post
    Fortunately for me, I found how to use the ps3 controllers with the switch. Using a brook superconveter. Thanks for nothing cronusmax.
    Isn't that the device that has to have a different one for every console version and they can be blocked at anytime with a simple update due to a cloned (illegal) serial number?

    But yes, if you want to use all the features of a CronusMAX on the Nintendo Switch you can daisychain it with that converter (and there are other standalone devices for the switch too, I'm sure they will work)

    I'll even provide a link for the benefit of others

    https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-Conv.../dp/B075445R7C

    The difference is none of these devices has an interpreter - which is 95% of the work. This is what enables scripts and mods. It's just a straight shot converter, why there are many of them on the market.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:


  12. #11
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    It's not "because it's nintendo" like you say it, it's because of multiple reasons - for example, there's not much space left in the firmware to support this, and we're working on alot of other things at the moment which are taking all available free time.
    NOT enough space is not a valid reason, they could create Multiple Firmwares.... I will choose which version is best for me.
    Otherwise, the company statement to "ANY" console is then rather marketing misleading sells argument.
    Last edited by Sokolum; 8th February 18 at 08:50.

  13. #12
    Forum Admin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    We don't state "Any" console. It says "Use Almost" any controller on any console - because we don't support the Wii or WiiU either. It's unfair of you to claim we are saying something misleading when we are clearly not. It's not like we hide it on the packaging - it's right there up front



    Switch is something we have been actively developing for amongst many other things but it will be included in the nextgen hardware, not on the CronusMAX PLUS. We will provide details in the coming months. As always we don't announce anything until it's ready for public consumption as features and abilities can change on an almost daily basis, so wouldn't want to announce something that wasn't eventually possible due to XYZ reasons, because then you get folks saying we claim something where we do not. Like saying "any" consoles

    Crossover support is highly complex when an interpreter is involved (for scripts/mods). If we didn't have an interpreter it would be pretty easy to add. But we do, so......

    Hope that answers your question.

  14. #13
    Forum Admin

    User Info Menu

    Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

    OK......

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    Would really be nice to see some progress on this instead of a mod telling us who are requesting it that its not requested.
    No one has said that it's not being requested. Not once has anyone said that. We've stated many times it's something we are working on but not for the CronusMAX - but for new nextgen hardware. We've already shown demos of our development with Xbox One wireless support (both Bluetooth and PC Receiver). It's in the Developer Diary video we posted last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    Or that the console is broken.
    No one has said this. Not even once.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    Or that its a waste of their time.
    No one has said this. Not even once.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    Clearly you just don't care about people who use Nintendo consoles.
    Not true. At all.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    It can be done. They just don't want to.
    of course it can be done - anything can be done. We've not said that we didn't want to. Not even once.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Switch hardware of software.
    I love the Switch. I've got 6 kids - they all have one.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    You just don't want to be bothered with actually doing it.
    Again - not true. Not even a little bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    You've added profiles for so many random controllers that are hardly used
    Yes we've added support for a console that is already supported in the hardware, which is not that difficult and is only restricted by space in the firmware. Adding support for a different console WITH an interpreter (mods/scripts) is a huge task. It's really not that simple. If it were you'd see hundreds of CronusMAX type products on the market - whereas right now I believe there's only 2 on the entire planet that can run crossover with an interpreter. You say they are hardly used - where did you get your stats from? I'd like to see those numbers if you don't mind sharing so I can give you a more informed response.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
    yet you outright refuse to offer switch support.
    No one has said we outright refuse to offer Switch support. Not even once.

    I hope that clears everything up

Similar Topics

  1. Nintendo Switch
    By B-Black in forum CronusMAX PLUS Hardware Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2 Days Ago, 17:13
  2. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
    By DivineZeus in forum CronusMAX PLUS Hardware Support
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 9th December 17, 20:19
  3. Nintendo Switch Support?
    By MrPuls in forum CronusMAX PLUS Hardware Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th June 17, 07:21
  4. Nintendo Switch Support
    By NicolasG in forum CronusMAX PLUS Hardware Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18th March 17, 07:46

Tags for this Topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new topics
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •