Topic: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

Hi, im a disabled gamer (c6 quadraplegic) and recently bought an ultimate arcade 2 controller. The controller uses the cronus max to be compatible for the ps3, xbox, etc. but I really want to be able and play the nintendo switch. Will there be an update for the cronus max so it can work with the switch since the new console does have usb ports? If so, how long would it take to develop?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Cronusmax for the nintendo switch?

We're currently not working on it, but if enough customers want it we may look into it, once we begin there is no way to tell beforehand how long it will take as it's a brand new system that probably don't use a standard communication protocol, there are also no guarantee's that there is USB controller support on the switch, it may be purely wireless...

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    We're currently not working on it, but if enough customers want it we may look into it, once we begin there is no way to tell beforehand how long it will take as it's a brand new system that probably don't use a standard communication protocol, there are also no guarantee's that there is USB controller support on the switch, it may be purely wireless...
    I would love this. I have the pro controller and that connects via USB and wireless, however, I'm not sure if it sends data over the wire.

I think this is a great opportunity for CronusMax to get ahead of the game - give people an opportunity to use their Xbox Elite controller (for example) on Zelda and I'm sure you'll see alot of new orders!

Additionally with some potentially quite competitive games incoming, such as Splatoon, I'd say now is a good opportunity to do it and beat your competition, who will inevitably be looking into this.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

There is not a big enough market to justify the time/costs of doing this right now, there is also only really 1 game worth it on switch, with numerous issues posted all the time about the switch online, basically, Nintendo Switch was released before it was ready, if we figure out how it works and lot's of ppl have issues related to how bad the switch software is, how do we give you the support you will for sure demand?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    There is not a big enough market to justify the time/costs of doing this right now, there is also only really 1 game worth it on switch, with numerous issues posted all the time about the switch online, basically, Nintendo Switch was released before it was ready, if we figure out how it works and lot's of ppl have issues related to how bad the switch software is, how do we give you the support you will for sure demand?
    I really hope you do start working on it. I have heard that the switch is doing pretty well in sales and i really think the demand will be there. They say its the most successful nintendo console since the gamecube and a lot of third party support was announced for it. Besides, I hope you can at least try to do this to help the disabled community since we really have no other choice as to how to play, not only competitive and online games, but games in general. Please notify us if/when you decide to take on this project. P.S. when I wrote this reply i had to separate each word after writing the whole thing, there seems to be a bug that doesnt allow me to push the space bar at the end of the text.