Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

  1. #1
    Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

    User Info Menu

    Question For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    We are working on the second gamepack for "For Honor" and we needs of you suggestion what heros moves to include .

    0 Warden ............ shoulder bash -> double side light
    1 Conqueror
    2 Peacekeeper ... GB with 3 stab
    3 Lawbringer ......GB -> Heavy Attack ->GB -> Heavy Attack
    4 Raider
    5 Warlord
    6 Berserker
    7 Valkyrie
    8 Kensei
    9 Shugoki
    10 Orochi
    11 Nobushi

    You can схаре you wishes about what features to include in the new gamepack
    Here is the some of you wishes :

    Quote Originally Posted by con way cruiser View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way to use all the features in this pack without quick guard enabled I for some reason am better at blocking with the thumbstick but I notice if quick guard is off some features don't work like easy dodge
    - We will have Esy Dodge independant of Guard Mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by xamcronus View Post
    You are very welcome

    TBH I wanted to add the features that are already mentioned. Would be great if the community would be allowed to help developing gamepacks and after your review / rework / editing to be published. We have to do the stuff on our own now: it will be a waste of time. In that time we could help to add new features instead of re-implementing things and all would profit. Anyway thank you sir for your great work!
    - If you want to help community - you can share you ideas herre.

    Quote Originally Posted by xJAMESx View Post
    Please add an option to map guardbreak (PS4 Square) on L3
    - We will try to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by klocks View Post
    Any chance of adding an option to change the right stick sensitivity/deadzone so it can be used to block but cut out the ridiculous amount of build in deadzone For Honor currently requires? I would just prefer to play with the right stick to guard if possible as opposed to face buttons but it feels like a large disadvantage right now.

    Thank you for all your work on this script!

    ***edit***
    Charachter Combos: I know theres a list of them already included however they only work if you are in quick block mode. I would be nice to see the ability to bind a combo to pressing L1. Also Some of the combos could use reworking or changing. I play mostly warden/lawbringer ~Rep 4 on each. Warden having a combo to light attack ->shoulder bash -> double side light -> shoulder bash -> double side light from other side...repeat, would be much better than the combo included now. Lawbringer's "combo" that leads to most wins (besides his impaling charge pushing you off the edge ) is block -> shove it -> GB -> Side Heavy -> Shove it Mix up -> GB -> Side Heavy...repeat until almost out of stamina or you get your GB teched.

    The other thing with combos is the key to making more of them useful is directional change of attacks mid combo. If you do a whole combo from one direction you will likely get everything blocked after first attack. By switching directions mid combo it makes them much more useful. I would imagine this would be hard to fit in the script but this would really set it apart.

    The other thing I haven't seen anyone mention is the auto attack with mixup is INSANELY GOOD for Peacekeeper. So again, great script overall. High level competitive has real issues with PKs who spam light attack from different directions. On console with default large deadzones its almost impossible to keep up and block her attacks.
    - Yes, we will add option to change the Right Stick sensitivity.
    - Yes, I prepare the new combos for the heros.
    -Yes, switching direction mid combo.


    Quote Originally Posted by falconpunch323 View Post
    So far i am liking this a lot I would suggest maybe instead of just tripple light attack/heavy attacks on the hold face buttons. It would be cool to have it do some of the more complicated combos like I play valk and she has a really useful combo which is her heavy/square/back+r2 it is a hit bash sweep that knocks over other players and sets them up for the vortex of the same move until stamina is out or you stop the combo you can also pull it off from light att/heavy att/ square/ back+r2. its just super useful also being able to activate some of the other moves as well like her backdash/hold square charge for the shoulder attack/full guard. I have not figured out how to pull that off with this setup as of yet but I have to play more with it. I guess my suggestion would be to have character specific combo chains activate on the face button holds like it is with the L3 press and possibly some things on the d pad if pressed with quick guard mode. like the lawbringers "special" pole grab move that he charges or the grab and stab with the pk or the grab with the shoguki that grabs and heals. I guess just special combos to face buttons and easy specials or auto specials to the d pad would be useful if doable... took forever to get to that point lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by andros View Post
    I've tested it and here are my initial thoughts

    - Holding the face buttons while on guard mode is a pretty good idea to parry incoming attacks but actually did not help me because it triggers one more attack right after parrying the enemys attack and that's very easy to counter. I wish it to be a parry only feature.

    -The R3 button to guard break and attack worked flawless for me while on guard mode, but It could be good if we can use it outside the guard mode too. It is really helpful to my warden actually

    - It would be amazing if we have the option to use the RS as a parry machine instead of using feint (my Warden as an example would really benefit from it if it was configured to parry left and right attacks with the R2 and upside attacks with the R1 for guaranteed counter).

    thats what I could test here so far and feel free to take or not my suggestions into consideration
    I'm at reputation 13 right now so I've been playing a lot and if I can help you guys improve this gamepack I will be honored
    DEUS VULT!

    Quote Originally Posted by krepsininkas View Post
    1. Easy Dodge with Attack is kinda pointless, because you move with LEFT STICK around and you doding all the time and using attack it doesnt work in the game(you gonna attack air and run out of stamina).
    2. When QUICK GUARD MOD enabled with Easy Dodge, there is no button to guardbreak, x doing dodging as well.
    3. Class 9 - Character Choose (For peacekeeper)
    Personally i would choose Stab Combo to programmit, because its hard to time it R1 must be delayed certain time to get 3 stabs.
    Class 9 - Character Choose (For Orochi
    I would do Feint to zone attack, coz others moves are easy to perform.
    4. Easy Dodge i would do with RIGHT STICK, it would make sense, coz you move around with LEFT STICK and EASY DODGE with the right stick without pressing X
    5.Class 7 - Quick Access Button LB/L1


    LB/L1: Cancel Heavy Attack ..RS/R3: Guardbreak - SELECTING THIS OPTION, LB/L1 Doesnt WORK.

    6. Easy Dodge with attack, works only left and right, dodging forward doesnt execute attack.
    7. If you use block attack with face controlers, i think x shoudl be guard break, coz otherwise its impossible to react to guardbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by krepsininkas View Post
    CLASS Combo for Berserker : I Would do Dance of the paired Blades instead of Bear Mauler. First of all its harder to perform(because you have alternate r1 and r2), secondly Bear Mauler not that usefull because of heavy attack so slow(just useful in gang up modes if players dont pay attention). How to implement Dance of the paired Blades. Probably by HOLDING R1 for certain time its activated. This combo has chained attack which triggers INFINITE UNINTERRUPTIBLE CHAIN bonus when you hit 4 times and yours attacks become uninterrupstiable. So yeah i think that COMBO is best for Berserker.
    Forgot to say its should start with heavy attack (R2).
    - Suggest the best combos for the heros and we will try to include them in the new gamepack.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 1 Week Ago at 10:41.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    I've been thinking about the "best" combos for the classes I play most and I can see some challenges. Combos that I found hard at rep 1 are totally different from what I find hard by the time i'm rep 4 or 5. Wardens standard combos are way to easy to need scripting (his combos are very short and simple). Doing his shoulder bash correctly could benefit from scripting. I sort of explained what warden needs as his combo before but ill give a little better description.

    One of the main reasons warden is a Tier S class is because of his shoulder bash which can be done after a dodge or a light attack from any direction. When you shoulder bash 2 things are likely to happen:
    1. you hit your opponent staggering them and you follow up with another double side light attack (you should switch sides it comes from) or a single top light attack, then you shoulder bash again.
    Or...
    2. Your opponent responds to your shoulder bash by dodging at which point you need to cancel you shoulder bash and guard break. As your opponent just dodged he cannot tech out. Once your opponent is in GB you can start the chain over again. (just so people know rather than dodging shoulder bash or getting hit your opponent can light attack you out but they have to be very fast).

    So all that being said this is what I would suggest:
    1. Combo should start from a GB that was triggered separately (i.e. every time I GB I don't want this combo to occur).
    2. Double side light attack (Right; just randomly choose right, either way is fine)
    3. Shoulder bash
    4. Double side light attack (Left)
    5. Shoulder bash
    6. Double side light attack (Right) <- I would end combo here personally as you will be getting close to being out of stamina. You could try and GB your opponent out of this and go for a side heavy but you would need some solid reduce stamina cost gear in order to not exhaust yourself.

    A few key points to make this usable against any decent player:
    - Timing between Shoulder bash -> light attack -> shoulder bash needs to be perfect. Its not hard to get the shoulder bash to go off, the issue is it takes way to long if your not somewhat clipping the end of the previous animation and people will get out of the chain.
    - There needs to be something that if I click GB while the combo is running the combo stops and I GB immediately (so I can catch people who dodge the SB)
    - I feel GB should still be on me to land then following the GB I could click "button_whatever" to start the combo. (Tbh I think scripted combos in general feel much better if they are set up to work after a parry for some classes or a GB for others, with some exceptions obviously). Oddly enough when I was making my own script for a combo like this I could get it to work if I started from a GB or from a normal light attack, however it wouldn't work for both. I am not good at scripting so i'm sure there were issues on my end, but there is a timing difference depending where the combo is started from.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to klocks For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    Quote Originally Posted by klocks View Post
    I've been thinking about the "best" combos for the classes I play most and I can see some challenges. Combos that I found hard at rep 1 are totally different from what I find hard by the time i'm rep 4 or 5. Wardens standard combos are way to easy to need scripting (his combos are very short and simple). Doing his shoulder bash correctly could benefit from scripting. I sort of explained what warden needs as his combo before but ill give a little better description.

    One of the main reasons warden is a Tier S class is because of his shoulder bash which can be done after a dodge or a light attack from any direction. When you shoulder bash 2 things are likely to happen:
    1. you hit your opponent staggering them and you follow up with another double side light attack (you should switch sides it comes from) or a single top light attack, then you shoulder bash again.
    Or...
    2. Your opponent responds to your shoulder bash by dodging at which point you need to cancel you shoulder bash and guard break. As your opponent just dodged he cannot tech out. Once your opponent is in GB you can start the chain over again. (just so people know rather than dodging shoulder bash or getting hit your opponent can light attack you out but they have to be very fast).

    So all that being said this is what I would suggest:
    1. Combo should start from a GB that was triggered separately (i.e. every time I GB I don't want this combo to occur).
    2. Double side light attack (Right; just randomly choose right, either way is fine)
    3. Shoulder bash
    4. Double side light attack (Left)
    5. Shoulder bash
    6. Double side light attack (Right) <- I would end combo here personally as you will be getting close to being out of stamina. You could try and GB your opponent out of this and go for a side heavy but you would need some solid reduce stamina cost gear in order to not exhaust yourself.

    A few key points to make this usable against any decent player:
    - Timing between Shoulder bash -> light attack -> shoulder bash needs to be perfect. Its not hard to get the shoulder bash to go off, the issue is it takes way to long if your not somewhat clipping the end of the previous animation and people will get out of the chain.
    - There needs to be something that if I click GB while the combo is running the combo stops and I GB immediately (so I can catch people who dodge the SB)
    - I feel GB should still be on me to land then following the GB I could click "button_whatever" to start the combo. (Tbh I think scripted combos in general feel much better if they are set up to work after a parry for some classes or a GB for others, with some exceptions obviously). Oddly enough when I was making my own script for a combo like this I could get it to work if I started from a GB or from a normal light attack, however it wouldn't work for both. I am not good at scripting so i'm sure there were issues on my end, but there is a timing difference depending where the combo is started from.
    Thank you very much for this detailed explanation!
    Can you send me you scripts on PM?

  6. #4
    My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    Def keep auto mix up.

  7. #5
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    Hi. Thanks for the good work with cronusmax! I am waiting thrilled for this gamepack. There's also something I would like to be added. I own an Xbox elite controller and the padles are great for blocking. down left for left, down right for right, up right for up. And as topping GB for up left. I also remapped the touchpad in square/x. If you need it for something else feel free to change Can you have this code as an option in the new gamepack in For Honor???


    // My script with Elite controller padles
    //For Honor blocking


    unmap PS4_GYROX, PS4_GYROY, PS4_GYROZ, PS4_TOUCH;
    remap XB1_PL1 -> XB1_X
    remap XB1_X -> PS4_TOUCH




    main {


    if(get_val(XB1_PR2)) {
    set_val(XB1_RX, 100);
    }
    if(get_val(XB1_PL2)) {
    set_val(XB1_RX, -100);
    }
    if(get_val(XB1_PR1)) {
    set_val(XB1_RY, -100);
    }


    kind regards -Z-

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to zinja For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    Quote Originally Posted by zinja View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the good work with cronusmax! I am waiting thrilled for this gamepack. There's also something I would like to be added. I own an Xbox elite controller and the padles are great for blocking. down left for left, down right for right, up right for up. And as topping GB for up left. I also remapped the touchpad in square/x. If you need it for something else feel free to change Can you have this code as an option in the new gamepack in For Honor???


    // My script with Elite controller padles
    //For Honor blocking


    unmap PS4_GYROX, PS4_GYROY, PS4_GYROZ, PS4_TOUCH;
    remap XB1_PL1 -> XB1_X
    remap XB1_X -> PS4_TOUCH




    main {


    if(get_val(XB1_PR2)) {
    set_val(XB1_RX, 100);
    }
    if(get_val(XB1_PL2)) {
    set_val(XB1_RX, -100);
    }
    if(get_val(XB1_PR1)) {
    set_val(XB1_RY, -100);
    }


    kind regards -Z-
    First I want to thank you for you feedback and you time.
    I will think about that. The problem with paddles is that you should first unmap them by using Microsoft Accesory app or on XB1 console.
    Otherwise they will send the maped buttons to the console. In gamepack we don't have space to manage this problem.

  10. #7
    Babyfaced Assassin

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    hi. couldn't you just mention that the padles must be unconfigured though common sense already tells that lol

  11. #8
    Bulgaria's foremost expert on everything CM related!

    User Info Menu

    Re: For Honor Special Gamepack - Heros combos

    Quote Originally Posted by zinja View Post
    hi. couldn't you just mention that the padles must be unconfigured though common sense already tells that lol

    Maybe I'm wrong because , you actually can disable mapped buttons :

    disable any button mapping assignments by double tapping the green connect button on the Xbox One Elite Controller (next to the USB Port). When double tapping the connect button, the Elite controller will vibrate twice to let you know all stored paddle mappings have been disabled. You can double tap again and it will vibrate ones to let you know they have been restored.

Similar Topics

  1. For Honor Gamepack Preview
    By Excalibur in forum Development Team News
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 09:13
  2. SONYA SPECIAL FORCES COMBOS
    By ScorpionKiller in forum Mortal Kombat Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th January 17, 03:18
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th October 16, 00:16

Tags for this Topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new topics
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •