Topic: Fanatec GT2, Assetto Corsa PS4, Cronusmax+, IOGEAR hub

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Fanatec GT2, Assetto Corsa PS4, Cronusmax+, IOGEAR hub

I recently bought the Cronusmax+ along with the IOGear hub in hoping to get my Fanatec GT2 wheel to work on Assetto Corsa PS4. I went through the instructions setting it to PS4 wheel mode, firmware update, etc. and was able to get it to work for 10-15 mins in which the wheel will freeze up. I then had to unplug and replug my DS4 in order to reset everything. Anyone have any idea why it is doing that and how can I resolve this issue? Thanks.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec GT2, Assetto Corsa PS4, Cronusmax+, IOGEAR hub

Sounds like you may not have your DS4 authenticated. Make sure you follow the instructions precisely and that the cable to your DS4 is sufficient for data/power transfer. Alot of DS4 controllers tend to have loose connections with normal wear and tear on the micro usb slot, check to make sure the cable isn't loose anything like that and the controller has a solid connection.

Here are a couple controller tips for reference.

The DS4 Authentication controller will be disabled. The lightbar will not illuminate, it will not vibrate and none of it's controls will interefere with your experience. It can safely be left sitting idle on a surface as if it was turned off. Never power on the console with the DS4 controller by pressing the PS button. Only power on the console using the console power button.

You should make sure that the DS4 wireless constroller is un-paired/de-synced from the PS4 for optimum performance. You can do this by connecting your DS4 to the PS4 via your CronusMAX with a USB cable and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > then click on the controller you're using (the green lit-up one) > Disconnect.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech...ing_to_ps4.htm

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec GT2, Assetto Corsa PS4, Cronusmax+, IOGEAR hub

FIXED!

Thank you very much, Picklock. That was exactly it. The DS4 was using the bluetooth mode instead of the USB cable mode which causes it to try to resync back to the PS4 during the gameplay. I have tried it for about an hour without anymore freezing. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    Sounds like you may not have your DS4 authenticated. Make sure you follow the instructions precisely and that the cable to your DS4 is sufficient for data/power transfer. Alot of DS4 controllers tend to have loose connections with normal wear and tear on the micro usb slot, check to make sure the cable isn't loose anything like that and the controller has a solid connection.

Here are a couple controller tips for reference.

The DS4 Authentication controller will be disabled. The lightbar will not illuminate, it will not vibrate and none of it's controls will interefere with your experience. It can safely be left sitting idle on a surface as if it was turned off. Never power on the console with the DS4 controller by pressing the PS button. Only power on the console using the console power button.

You should make sure that the DS4 wireless constroller is un-paired/de-synced from the PS4 for optimum performance. You can do this by connecting your DS4 to the PS4 via your CronusMAX with a USB cable and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > then click on the controller you're using (the green lit-up one) > Disconnect.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/logitech...ing_to_ps4.htm
    Last edited by bb_00; 7th April 17 at 16:30.