Topic: Fanatec and PS4 disconnecting after several minutes of use.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Fanatec and PS4 disconnecting after several minutes of use.

Have tried all listed procedures to have the PS3 signal for the wheel being accepted by ChromusMAX and PS4. It initially is but after several minutes of racing the sensation turns dull and the pedals, shifting and wheel control disappears. The white light on the USB HUB which came from ChromusMAX sometimes flickers. However, today it remained lit even though the white PS3 button on the wheel disappeared when the unit lost power.

Have tried 4 different HUBS, changed the cord from the controller to the HUB, changed the cord from Fanatec to the HUB and even purchased another controller. Disconnects continue.

Have photos which tech support requested we supply to document the proper ChromousMAX settings but not sure where to go for that.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec and PS4 disconnecting after several minutes of use.

I have your same problem...

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Totopower46: For clarification purposes, which Fanatec wheel do you use?

I was able to get the CromusMAX to work with the GT2 wheel by doing the following:
    2 different procedures:

1: 1st you must get the wheel into the PS3 mode. One way to do this is by turning the PS3 on, then putting the wheel into the PS3 mode. Follow the directions regarding the disconnected hand controller going into #4 on the hub. Start the PS4 and then put the USB from the PS3 into the #1 section on the hub. Now plug in the hub connection to the CromusMAX and then into the PS4.

or

#2: Using the disconnected hand controller put the mini usb cord into the #4 slot on the USB hub. Now put the Fanatec cord into the PS4 and power up the wheel then putting it into the PS3 mode. Once this is done then remove the PS3 cord from the PS4 and put it into the #1 slot on the hub. Finally connect the hub to the CromusMAX and put it into the PS4.

Let me know how this works please and good luck.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsun View Post
    Totopower46: For clarification purposes, which Fanatec wheel do you use?

I was able to get the CromusMAX to work with the GT2 wheel by doing the following:
    2 different procedures:

1: 1st you must get the wheel into the PS3 mode. One way to do this is by turning the PS3 on, then putting the wheel into the PS3 mode. Follow the directions regarding the disconnected hand controller going into #4 on the hub. Start the PS4 and then put the USB from the PS3 into the #1 section on the hub. Now plug in the hub connection to the CromusMAX and then into the PS4.

or

#2: Using the disconnected hand controller put the mini usb cord into the #4 slot on the USB hub. Now put the Fanatec cord into the PS4 and power up the wheel then putting it into the PS3 mode. Once this is done then remove the PS3 cord from the PS4 and put it into the #1 slot on the hub. Finally connect the hub to the CromusMAX and put it into the PS4.

Let me know how this works please and good luck.
    i've solved unpairing the DS4 from bluetooth option, thanks