Topic: Using multiple devices with CronusMax Plus

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Using multiple devices with CronusMax Plus

First a quick background. I'm a paralyzed quadriplegic who has been using the Cronus for years now and I've been truly grateful and happy with it. So much, that I became the co-founder of a nonprofit organization "Gamerz 4 Vets". We help paralyzed Veterans get back into gaming who do not have the dexterity to play platform and computer games. The CronusMax Plus has been the core of our project. It makes everything we do possible.

Now back to my technical question. I use X-aim a lot when we use controllers like a flight stick. Is there any way to use multiple devices, like a flight stick and a DS4 or Xbox one controller at the same time? Direct Input only allows one device at a time. Right now I'm using software to map extra controllers to the keyboard. It's the only workaround I can come up with. I'm also going to try a Dance Dance Revolution game pad to supplement buttons with those who have diminished hand function, but still have some or all leg functions. It's all about thinking outside the box really.

If you have any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Using multiple devices with CronusMax Plus

You can use a controller that is directly compatible with the CronusMAX aswell (such as PS4, XB1 etc.) By default these controller inputs are ignored, uncheck the menu option to ignore the CM controller (it's under settings in x-aim)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I've already use two devices. I'm talking about the Direct input setting. Your only allowed to use one at a time. I wanted to know if its possible to use more devices. Your able use keyboard keys so I used PPJoy or Xpadder to remap other devices to the keyboard keys. Just wondering if there's a workaround so I don't have to do that. I'm trying to make it easy as possible for the individuals I help so they can do it at home.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QuadGamer View Post
    I've already use two devices. I'm talking about the Direct input setting. Your only allowed to use one at a time. I wanted to know if its possible to use more devices. Your able use keyboard keys so I used PPJoy or Xpadder to remap other devices to the keyboard keys. Just wondering if there's a workaround so I don't have to do that. I'm trying to make it easy as possible for the individuals I help so they can do it at home.
    I gave you the only other workaround we have available right now, you either use other software to map it to keyboard/mouse inputs or you use a compatible controller with the CM itself while using x-aim for non-compatible controllers...

We might look into adding support for using multiple DI/XInput controllers at the same time in the future, but it's currently not high priority and requires alot of design changes as to how it should all be handled under the hood and such

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    I gave you the only other workaround we have available right now, you either use other software to map it to keyboard/mouse inputs or you use a compatible controller with the CM itself while using x-aim for non-compatible controllers...

We might look into adding support for using multiple DI/XInput controllers at the same time in the future, but it's currently not high priority and requires alot of design changes as to how it should all be handled under the hood and such

Okay, thank you. I think I'll make short videos per each setup I do to make it easier for them. That way I can keep the confusion down.