Topic: Cannot install PS4 Wheel Edition v1.24 in the operation mode

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Cannot install PS4 Wheel Edition v1.24 in the operation mode

I cannot switch to PS4 Wheel Edition v1.24 in the operation mode after I downgrade to v1.23. but standard mode and tournament mode is fine. please help!!

"
    Checking Data . . . 1810 bytes OK
    9 pages to be written

Entering Programming Mode . . . . . . OK

DO NOT REMOVE THE DEVICE

Writing DONE

Rebooting
    "

The LED turn to A.U. and the Cronus Pro still show "Standard operation mode"

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: Cannot install PS4 Wheel Edition v1.24 in the operation mode

I did the reset button and all the factory reset in the cronus pro already, but nothing get better.

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Same here. I also reported the same problem...

I think they may have linked to a wrong file since it's downloading only a 1.8KB file...

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Right! And the 1.23 ver is 71kb but not work with my wheel

Checking Data . . . 72756 bytes OK
    283 pages to be written

Entering Programming Mode . . . . . . OK

DO NOT REMOVE THE DEVICE

Writing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DONE

Rebooting

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

If it's less then 60kb, it's guaranteed to be a bad download, i will look into this and see if there is something wrong on the server, i know it worked fine shortly after the firmware was released (i tested it personally)

I'll get back to you guys about this when i come home (in 1-3h from now)

** edit: **

I just tested it, it's working fine with both 1.24 and 1.23, with all 3 operational modes, if you are still experiencing issues, try turning off your antivirus software

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

I just tried today and now its working, probably someone fixed the problem with the downloading file...

I will test another day if my G25 works fine with 1.24. But after I bought a new USB hub I played for like 35 min Project Cars on PS4 with 1.23 and not a single disconnection, worked PERFECTLY.

But the FFB is still better on the PC version, I will try with 1.24 and see if it improved, but anyway I'm pretty happy even on 1.23, specially because my Cronus says no HUB compatible on the CronusPro software and its working.

ps: When GT Sport comes out, if G25 + my CM 1.0 works fine, I even feel like kissing you all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to guily6669 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

It is indeed possible some staff member with access noticed the issue and fixed it, another possibility is a temporary server fault...

I'm glad it works for you aswell tho

Cronus PRO only says "Hub Compatible" if we can guarantee compatibility, the functionality is there on all devices tho, so in some cases it might work, but it might also not be super stable...

Regarding FFB on PC/Console they may differ from game to game, some might have better FFB on PC while others have exactly the same on both, this is of course something we can do very little about, some games might also have different FFB settings for different wheels, we emulate a G29 if i remember things correctly, this means that if the game have shitty FFB for that wheel, it will be shitty on all wheels used with a CronusMAX