Topic: Logitech Driving Force Pro with CM v3 - FW 1.24 on PS4 pro

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Logitech Driving Force Pro with CM v3 - FW 1.24 on PS4 pro

I tested it with my Driving Force Pro, Cronus v3 and newest Software/Firmware on my Playstation Pro but it doesnt work.
    I follow all the steps in the manual but the Cronus display will show only randomly the Wheel Edition Mode animation.

I testet it with some other hardware - cable/Controller/usb hub/Cronus v3 and reinstall/reflash software/firmware.

Is there anybody who figured out if and how it works?
    Last edited by Resoflex; 26th May 17 at 05:05.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Logitech Driving Force Pro with CM v3 - FW 1.24 on PS4 pro

I have the same problem, only if i plugin the ds4 first into the Cronusmax and then the DFP i can use the DFP for a couple of minutes. I tried the Hama Hub and also the IOGear Hub both recommended here.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Same here, like Xerox, I tested 5 different usb hubs with 2.0 or 3.0, none of them work. only switch from DS4 and wheel for couple minutes solution work. Any advise, Thank you.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cyhman View Post
    Same here, like Xerox, I tested 5 different usb hubs with 2.0 or 3.0, none of them work. only switch from DS4 and wheel for couple minutes solution work. Any advise, Thank you.
    Did you already make the serial nr. check?? my serial number is not liszed so maybe this cause the problem...maybe we have bought clones

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hello,

i just bought my cronusmax plus v3 and i am unable to get my driving force pro wheel to work on my ps4 either. Here is my setup:

1. CronusMax Plus V3
    2. 1.24 Wheel Edition
    3. Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel
    4. PS4 pro, latest os version
    5. wired (micro usb cable)
    6. Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 (the one from the site┤s recommeded list)
    7. See screenshotAttachment 3874
    8. See ScreenshotAttachment 3875
    9. After connecting the usb hub to the cronusmax the display changes from AU to the racetrack animation without ever going to 0, the wheel does not calibrate. Tried different micro-usb cables and other usb hubs from the recommended list, still no success. Power cycle is done by the console switch, the ds4 is unpaired and power saving is set to off and its set to usb cable mode. I tried 3 different ds4 controllers (both og and v2 from the ps4 pro).
    What seems odd to me is that my serial nr for the cronusmax plus is not recognised by the serial lookup function, even though the stick and the accesories look legit..

I don┤t know what to try next, any kind of advice would really be appreciated since i don┤t know if the problems are caused by an error in my setup or by the invalid serial nr. Thank you for your help.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I have the exact same setup as coltrane:

1. CronusMax Plus V3 ordered from CronusMax store this week and got here today.
    2. 1.24 PS4 Wheel Edition
    3. Logitech Driving Force Pro
    4. PS4 Pro
    5. CronusMax branded USB hub ordered from CronusMax store along with the CronusMax Plus V3.
    6. Went through all steps here: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...LOW-THIS-GUIDE!!! and http://cronusmax.com/manual/racing_w...ing_to_ps4.htm.
    7. Connected DS4v2 (CUH-ZCT2U) controllers (tried two of them) to port 4 (also tried port 3) of the USB hub.
    8. Connected wheel to port 1 (also tried port 2) of the USB hub.
    9. Connected USB hub into CronusMax input port.
    10. Connected CronusMax directly to PS4 Pro's USB port (tried both left and right USB ports).
    11. Used console's power button to turn on. It didn't show AU and just stayed on the racetrack animation without showing 0.
    12. Also tried powering on with only the CronusMax but not the USB hub. It showed AU then, and when I plugged in the USB hub, it changed to the racetrack animation without showing 0.
    13. PS4 kept prompting "controller connected, who is using this controller" screen every 5 seconds or so. The wheel didn't calibrate. The buttons on the wheel and DS4 didn't work.
    14. If I unplug the DS4 at this time, the same screen stays on but doesn't prompt anymore. But if I plug DS4 back in, it would start prompting again.
    15. I can confirm the wheel still works in GT4 on my PS2.
    16. The serial number on the CronusMax is also not valid according to http://cronusmax.com/serial-number-lookup/

Since this is advertised as working, we must have missed some steps or some wrong configs. Help please, admin. Thanks.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Also, is the DS4 controller supposed to work going through the USB hub and CronusMax without having the wheel plugged in?

I tried having just the DS4 controller plugged into the CronusMax, and CronusMax to the PS4 Pro, and the controller works. But if I plug the DS4 controller into the USB hub and then into the CronusMax, then the controller doesn't work.

Did I get a bad USB hub?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m.x.w. View Post
    Also, is the DS4 controller supposed to work going through the USB hub and CronusMax without having the wheel plugged in?

I tried having just the DS4 controller plugged into the CronusMax, and CronusMax to the PS4 Pro, and the controller works. But if I plug the DS4 controller into the USB hub and then into the CronusMax, then the controller doesn't work.

Did I get a bad USB hub?
    The DS4 Authentication controller will be disabled. The lightbar will not illuminate, it will not vibrate and none of it's controls will interefere with your experience. It can safely be left sitting idle on a surface as if it was turned off. Never power on the console with the DS4 controller by pressing the PS button. Only power on the console using the console power button.

You should make sure that the DS4 wireless constroller is un-paired/de-synced from the PS4 for optimum performance. You can do this by connecting your DS4 to the PS4 via your CronusMAX with a USB cable and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > then click on the controller you're using (the green lit-up one) > Disconnect.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    The DS4 Authentication controller will be disabled. The lightbar will not illuminate, it will not vibrate and none of it's controls will interefere with your experience. It can safely be left sitting idle on a surface as if it was turned off. Never power on the console with the DS4 controller by pressing the PS button. Only power on the console using the console power button.

You should make sure that the DS4 wireless constroller is un-paired/de-synced from the PS4 for optimum performance. You can do this by connecting your DS4 to the PS4 via your CronusMAX with a USB cable and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > then click on the controller you're using (the green lit-up one) > Disconnect.
    Picklock, thanks for the help. But I have already read this in the guide. It didn't work. That's why I was trying see if connecting the DS4 controller directly to the CronusMax vs going through USB hub without having the wheel plugged in works. So, are you saying the problem is not with the USB hub I received but something else, possibly some other setup issues or firmware? Thanks.

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m.x.w. View Post
    Picklock, thanks for the help. But I have already read this in the guide. It didn't work. That's why I was trying see if connecting the DS4 controller directly to the CronusMax vs going through USB hub without having the wheel plugged in works. So, are you saying the problem is not with the USB hub I received but something else, possibly some other setup issues or firmware? Thanks.
    It may be the USB hub or anything else, does it work properly on PC, xfer files and whatnot? It sounds like the CronusMAX is working when not using the hub, and nothing is working when using the hub? I'd check the hub and cables used to make sure everything is connecting properly. Try and eliminate what is giving the issue and isolate the problem to see how to fix it. Sorry not much help here, perhaps someone else can chime in with possible solution.