Topic: PS4 Pro, New DS4 (CUH-ZCT2) and CronusMax Plus 1.24, Cronus Pro 1.20 - stuck in P

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

PS4 Pro, New DS4 (CUH-ZCT2) and CronusMax Plus 1.24, Cronus Pro 1.20 - stuck in P

I recently purchased a CronusMax Plus for my Logitech G25 and the first thing I did out of the box was plug it into my Windows 10 PC after I installed Cronus Pro 1.20 latest production version.

It asked me to update the firmware to 1.24 which I did.
    I followed the manual and set the device options and settings to the screenshots and those mentioned in the manual.
    I also set the Operational mode to Wheel mode
    The configuration and updates all seemed fine.

On my PS4 Pro I set my 2nd gen DS4 to never power off and only pair via USB. then I shut down (power off cold) my PS4 Pro.

Here's where my problem starts -- I proceed to plug in my 2nd gen DS4 controller to my USB hub port 4 and the G25 wheel to USB hub port 1. Then I plug in the Hub to the input of my CronusMax Pro. Then I use the physical power button on the Ps4 to boot it up from cold off state to powered on state.

The wheel mode animation goes on, the wheel turns itself for calibration and I see the Cornus Max Plus show the number 0 for a bit, and then it goes to the error code 'P'. Then I'm stuck and it doesn't let me press any button to sign in my player account. I think some buttons on the G25 actually is sending some kind of signal because sometimes mashing some buttons says 'not recording' anything like I triggered the screenshot/video recording mode or something on one of my stick shifter buttons. Turning the wheel doesn't do anything either. I'm pretty much stuck at this point.

My only working option to get the wheel actually working was to reflash the CronusMax Plus downward to firmware version 1.23 and it works when I follow the same start-up/plug in steps on my PS4 pro.

Is there anything I can do so that I can get on 1.24 to enjoy the latest firmware? TIA
    Last edited by ba5eline; 27th May 17 at 20:30.

Italian Plumber

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Pro, New DS4 (CUH-ZCT2) and CronusMax Plus 1.24, Cronus Pro 1.20 - stuck in P

I had the same problem, I just reflashed again and worked fine after...

Try flashing again and test.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Pro, New DS4 (CUH-ZCT2) and CronusMax Plus 1.24, Cronus Pro 1.20 - stuck in P

Quote Originally Posted by guily6669 View Post
    I had the same problem, I just reflashed again and worked fine after...

Try flashing again and test.

Thanks, I will give it a shot

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

This sometimes happens when you are using a USB 3 port too.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    This sometimes happens when you are using a USB 3 port too.
    Do you mean when I flash it on the PC, I should use a USB2 or lower port as well?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ba5eline View Post
    Do you mean when I flash it on the PC, I should use a USB2 or lower port as well?
    It is recommended, some USB 3.0 ports cause conflict.
    Try flashing again

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ba5eline View Post
    From the first page of the instruction manual: http://cronusmax.com/manual/quickstart.htm#id_3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post: