Topic: Logitech Driving Force GT Issue - Steering not working

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Logitech Driving Force GT Issue - Steering not working

1. The version of CronusMAX that you have
    2. The version of CronusMAX firmware that you are running
    3. The make/model of your controller

4. The model of your console
    5. How you are connecting the Controller to the CronusMAX (wired or wireless)
    6. Are you using a USB Hub? If Yes Which model.
    7. A screenshot of your Cronus Pro Device settings
    8. If using a PS4 console - a screenshot of the CMax Plus settings
    9. And of course a description of your problem.

1. CronusMax PlusV3
    2. 1.24
    3. Logitech Driving Force GT
    4. PS4
    5. Wired
    6. Yes. Targus ACH114US
    7. Screenshot
    8. Screenshot
    9. I have followed the instructions on the manual on how to set up the steering wheel. Once completed and I try am connected to the PS4 with the CronusMax V3 and USB the steering the racing style figure 8 shows on the cronusmax and goes to 0. AU does not show. All butons on the steering wheel and the pedals work. The steering does not work and obviously no force feedback.

Troubleshooting i have done:
    -Cycled the power on the PS4 from the system not the controller.
    -Unpaired all controllers from the PS4.
    -Verified the USB ports numbering.
    -Using the correct Micro USB cable.
    -Tried having everything connected prior to turning on the PS4
    -plugging everything in after the PS4 is on
    -having the only the cronusmax plugged in before turning the PS4 on then plugging in the USB Hub to the cronusmax.
    -starting the whole process from scratch by resetting the cronusmax

Any suggestions on how to get the steering to work would be greatly appreciated. This is the main reason I bought the CronusMax3
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT Issue - Steering not working

I have same problem. And posted 3 days ago with support ignoring our issue

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ysewellam View Post
    As a volunteer, I try and check the forums and give support when I can, sorry you are not getting more prompt replies. Also please let us know if you find a solution in your other post, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrjlae View Post
    AU does not show.

Troubleshooting i have done:
    -Cycled the power on the PS4 from the system not the controller.
    -Unpaired all controllers from the PS4.
    -Verified the USB ports numbering.
    -Using the correct Micro USB cable.
    -Tried having everything connected prior to turning on the PS4
    -plugging everything in after the PS4 is on
    -having the only the cronusmax plugged in before turning the PS4 on then plugging in the USB Hub to the cronusmax.
    -starting the whole process from scratch by resetting the cronusmax

Any suggestions on how to get the steering to work would be greatly appreciated. This is the main reason I bought the CronusMax3
    If AU does not show for a few seconds, there may be possible issue with authenticating your DS4. Try having everything unplugged from the hub, manually turn the ps4 on, and plug the devices in one at a time starting with the authentication controller(check to make sure its displaying AU, turn the wheel on and let it self calibrate then plug into hub as well. Many DS4's(including mine) have a weakened micro port that causes the controller to not have a solid connection, make sure this isn't the case. Check your wheel's firmware is the latest, or possibly try a legacy driver as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Guys, you have to make sure the aux power is connected to the wheel correctly or you'll get these exact symptoms.

Already had a guy messaging me about this today and that was his problem.

Connecting your wheels power supply correctly isn't really something we'd think to remind you of, but there it is. Good luck !

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ysewellam View Post
    False. I replied to you straight away with an answer.

http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...=1#post1078444

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thank you. I felt so dumb. I haven’t used the wheel in awhile. I was using the wrong ac adaptor. I found the correct one and it is working now!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

OK so I am having the same problem. Using a PS4 Pro, the Cronosmax goes straight to a 0 without showing the authentication stage. As the PS4 powers on the steering wheel goes through the standard calibration movements (I presume this means that the power is correctly connected) but then trying to play Dirt Rally the GT light keeps flashing and although all the buttons and pedals work no steering...

Any thoughts?

Forum Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rich1574 View Post
    OK so I am having the same problem. Using a PS4 Pro, the Cronosmax goes straight to a 0 without showing the authentication stage. As the PS4 powers on the steering wheel goes through the standard calibration movements (I presume this means that the power is correctly connected) but then trying to play Dirt Rally the GT light keeps flashing and although all the buttons and pedals work no steering...

Any thoughts?
    If AU does not show for a few seconds, there may be possible issue with authenticating your DS4. Try having everything unplugged from the hub, manually turn the ps4 on, and plug the devices in one at a time starting with the authentication controller(check to make sure its displaying AU, turn the wheel on and let it self calibrate then plug into hub as well. Many DS4's(including mine) have a weakened micro port that causes the controller to not have a solid connection, make sure this isn't the case. Check your wheel's firmware is the latest, or possibly try a legacy driver as well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Picklock For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Picklock View Post
    Ok so I managed to solve the problem. Nothing to do with the CronusMaX after all. Not sure if the lack of an AU display is down to me having a PS4 PRO... Anyhow the issue wasn't with the power supply but with the wheel not self calibrating at startup due a wheel inside the steering wheel which interacts with the infrared sensor (there are guides on Youtube on how to fix).

Thanks for the responses and the help proffered.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rich1574 For This Useful Post: