Topic: Can I prevent my Xbox One controller from turning on Xbox One while using it on PS4?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Can I prevent my Xbox One controller from turning on Xbox One while using it on PS4?

So I'm looking at getting CronusMax and one sticking point for me is the Xbox button. Is there a way to prevent the Xbox One controller from turning on the Xbox One while I am using it on the PS4? Can I assign nothing to the Xbox button while programming the controller, and then have a 2 button combination or maybe R3 or some other button to emulate the PS4 button? Both of my consoles are in the same room and this is a big issue for me.
    Last edited by Chainsawhand; 1 Week Ago at 13:24.

CronusMax Head Janitor

User Info Menu

Re: Can I prevent my Xbox One controller from turning on Xbox One while using it on

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsawhand View Post
    So I'm looking at getting CronusMax and one sticking point for me is the Xbox button. Is there a way to prevent the Xbox One controller from turning on the Xbox One while I am using it on the PS4? Can I assign nothing to the Xbox button while programming the controller, and then have a 2 button combination or maybe R3 or some other button to emulate the PS4 button? Both of my consoles are in the same room and this is a big issue for me.

I have a PS4 on one side of my desk, and the XB1 on the other - the ONLY time the XBOX button powers on my XB1 is when I hit it when the PS4 console is turned off. - This is because the controller is not in use and because it is paired to the XB1, it sends out the "power on" signal. You will have ZERO problems using an XB1 controller on your PS4, if you follow all the guides. I have a WHOLE lot going on right now - too much honestly :P - but I will get a video uploaded for you either this evening or early tomorrow. Please send me a PM if I don't respond by whenever you come back around tomorrow. I'll record a quick video showing what happens when you press the guide button when its plugged into the PS4 and such so you can see first hand (it just acts as the playstation button)

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Can I prevent my Xbox One controller from turning on Xbox One while using it on

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    I have a PS4 on one side of my desk, and the XB1 on the other - the ONLY time the XBOX button powers on my XB1 is when I hit it when the PS4 console is turned off. - This is because the controller is not in use and because it is paired to the XB1, it sends out the "power on" signal. You will have ZERO problems using an XB1 controller on your PS4, if you follow all the guides. I have a WHOLE lot going on right now - too much honestly :P - but I will get a video uploaded for you either this evening or early tomorrow. Please send me a PM if I don't respond by whenever you come back around tomorrow. I'll record a quick video showing what happens when you press the guide button when its plugged into the PS4 and such so you can see first hand (it just acts as the playstation button)

That is fantastic Thanks for the info.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

It should loose it's pairing when you connect it to the CM aswell, so it should only power on the Xbox One if you use the Xbox Button the first time after using it on the xbox when the PS4 is off...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post: