Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: New Product Announcement: DRIVE HUB - Pre Order Now!

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Re: New Product Announcement: DRIVE HUB - Pre Order Now!

This is simply amazing. So good things come to those who wait.
    GREAT JOB! Many thanks.

I have some issues with my Cronusmax Plus Stick as mentioned in the corresponding thread. So I will think about this one...
    Cheers,
    Rinki

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rinki For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

coool

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tezza 666 View Post
    Can I buy this from your UK shop
    Is it available there? if not: Currently no, but it'll probably be made available there aswell at some point in time down the line

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I’m curious to know how large the adapter is and if it uses a wall outlet or just the USB to the console.

Anyways, ordered mine. I’m going to be playing Forza 7, Project Cars 2 and I’m still also messing with Assetto Corsa on Xbox One with my G920. I was so dreading using an Xbox One controller as my best option for Gran Turismo Sport but this solution has just solved my issue. I would rather not spend so much but I’m just happy to have a solution finally.

Edit: Description says half a pound so it must be fairly small. Also looks like I can use a controller with it but I’m not sure if it supports Xbox One controllers on PS4 or just lets you plug a PS4 controller in. Can anyone chime in? I’d like to stop using my Brooks adapter if possible so I don’t need to use 2 USB ports (Xbox controller and whee).
    Last edited by Krylon Blue; 8 Hours Ago at 07:13.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Is there printable manual yet? Plan to buy that but need more information/pics.

Edit. And you say that it doesn't have negative effect to wheel's ffb in general?
    Last edited by Raikku; 7 Hours Ago at 07:33.

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Krylon Blue View Post
    I’m curious to know how large the adapter is and if it uses a wall outlet or just the USB to the console.

Anyways, ordered mine. I’m going to be playing Forza 7, Project Cars 2 and I’m still also messing with Assetto Corsa on Xbox One with my G920. I was so dreading using an Xbox One controller as my best option for Gran Turismo Sport but this solution has just solved my issue. I would rather not spend so much but I’m just happy to have a solution finally.

Edit: Description says half a pound so it must be fairly small. Also looks like I can use a controller with it but I’m not sure if it supports Xbox One controllers on PS4 or just lets you plug a PS4 controller in. Can anyone chime in? I’d like to stop using my Brooks adapter if possible so I don’t need to use 2 USB ports (Xbox controller and whee).
    The beta unit was about 2.5 by 2 inches. You have a micro USB connection to your PS4/XBOne. USB ports for the wheel and a controller. The controller is used for authentication similar to the CronusMax setup.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AntinOz For This Useful Post:

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Raikku View Post
    Is there printable manual yet? Plan to buy that but need more information/pics.

Edit. And you say that it doesn't have negative effect to wheel's ffb in general?

I couldn't tell the difference in PCars between it's native Fanatec support and the Drive Hub emulating a G29. In Assetto Corsa I felt all the curbs and bumps really well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AntinOz For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AntinOz View Post
    The beta unit was about 2.5 by 2 inches. You have a micro USB connection to your PS4/XBOne. USB ports for the wheel and a controller. The controller is used for authentication similar to the CronusMax setup.
    So I have to plug my PS4 controller into the unit and authenticate? I don’t understand why Brooks Gaming could do away with this issue yet Cronus fails to do so. But whatever, I can look passed that but the question is do I need to reauthenticate every 10 minutes or am I good because it’ll stay powered on through the USB?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

It stays powered on. I played several hour or more sessions driving GP courses before the race so I knew the layout of the tracks.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AntinOz View Post
    It stays powered on. I played several hour or more sessions driving GP courses before the race so I knew the layout of the tracks.
    I can live with that. I’ll have to switch out the USB each time though since I’ll need to keep my Brooks attached for Xbox One controller support and also use the wheel for Gran Turismo. I have 3 ports but one is used by my Astro A50 and the other by an external hard drive. Maybe it’s time I just put an internal 2TB in as it would be enough and save my USB. We shall see.

Why oh why can’t Sony make a decent controller so I don’t need to use my Xbox One controller, lol.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

So does this has more simplified starting procedure than CMax Plus, which is always little bit a hassle to get working.(with Ps4 I mean)

And btw, does this also mean that with this I could use my CSW v2's wheelrims which normally doesn't work with XOne, like F1/GT2/P 918, too with my XOne?

Of course normally I just use CSL P1-wheel or Un-hub X to get compability.
    Last edited by Raikku; 6 Hours Ago at 08:40.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

So I have to plug my PS4 controller into the unit and authenticate? I don’t understand why Brooks Gaming could do away with this issue yet Cronus fails to do so. But whatever, I can look passed that but the question is do I need to reauthenticate every 10 minutes or am I good because it’ll stay powered on through the USB?
    Because it's illegal. They use a cracked controller chipset. Sony already blocked them with a simple firmware update once before.

You haven't had to re-authenticate every 10 minutes on the CronusMAX since November 2015 - so the answer is no you don't have to re-authenticate.

We've discussed this many times. Do you see any Brooks adapters in Game Stop, Best Buy or Wal Mart?

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Have you seen brooks controllers/adapters anywhere other then their own site? Can you buy their products from non-internet based stores at all? (The answer is: no!) This is because they're using illegal methods of bypassing security measures... we could do it also, but we don't for legal reasons...

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Raikku View Post
    So does this has more simplified starting procedure than CMax Plus, which is always little bit a hassle to get working.(with Ps4 I mean)
    Not when you use a USB hub with the CronusMAX PLUS it isn't. If you have everything setup correctly you just power up and go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12