Topic: Thrustmaster Tx/T500 beta review

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Thrustmaster Tx/T500 beta review

Hi Guys

Just wanted to post a mini review, based on my time during beta testing. I help test 3 different wheels, The 2 Thrustmaster wheels I tested were the TX and T500rs. (Logitech review in the Logitech thread)

The Tx wheel is my main wheel and it was amazing how simple everything was to get working. No messing around with computers or anything like that. Setup took 20 seconds. In ps4 games the device is emulated as a t300 wheel. FFB felt great all the effects were there working as normal. I could use the wheels auto clutch feature, I could change wheel rotations on the fly. Whatever worked on the xbox copied over and worked on the ps4 just fine. There was no added input lag that I could tell about.
    The games I tested out were Driveclub, Wrc 5 (demo), Wrc 6 and assetto corsa. All worked great with no issues what so ever.

I managed to borrow a T500rs of a friend and tested it out on the xbox one. Setup was just as easy and again everything worked like It should, Forza 6 and horizon 3, F1 16, Dirt rally all worked and emulated the tx wheel perfectly. Due to the t500 better motors the FFB felt even better on games like forza and just like the ps4 there was no added input lag.

During the beta support was great, had a couple of button mappings wrong on the tx rim and it was fixed within the day. I can easy see this type of support carrying on long past release.

Overall I would highly recommend the Drivehub device, I've had a blast helping them test and really cant fault it. its great I can play racing games on all devices. (if you have any questions ask away)
    Last edited by dazza83; 30th August 17 at 08:31.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dazza83 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Thrustmaster Tx/T500 beta review

Thank you for taking the time to post this

I Am Error

User Info Menu

dazza, I very much appreciate your review. I'm considering purchasing a Drive Hub so that my Thrustmaster TX can be used with the PS4 and the forthcoming Gran Turismo Sport. I'm a little bit concerned though that the plain jane, Thrustmaster "TX" isn't listed in the officially supported wheels list. It lists the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition, the which looks considerably different the TX, and was released sometime after Ferrari 458 Italia Edition. Perhaps one of the Admins can allay my concerns about this?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay View Post
    dazza, I very much appreciate your review. I'm considering purchasing a Drive Hub so that my Thrustmaster TX can be used with the PS4 and the forthcoming Gran Turismo Sport. I'm a little bit concerned though that the plain jane, Thrustmaster "TX" isn't listed in the officially supported wheels list. It lists the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition, the which looks considerably different the TX, and was released sometime after Ferrari 458 Italia Edition. Perhaps one of the Admins can allay my concerns about this?
    The TX is the base, the rim is detachable, the 7 rims of the TX, T300 and t500 are interchangeable... ALL 3 bases and all 7 rims and the 21 combinations are supported.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    The TX is the base, the rim is detachable, the 7 rims of the TX, T300 and t500 are interchangeable... ALL 3 bases and all 7 rims and the 21 combinations are supported.
    Thanks for the reply... Yeah, I now recall that what I got was a special package that B&H Photo & Video was selling, the TX base with the leather wheel and the T3PA pedal set. It was quite a bargain at $250; you can't even buy the base for that now! I'll be among your customer base here soon, having read this