Topic: CRONUSMAX (v2 2014) support G27 and Ps4 with USB hub?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

CRONUSMAX (v2 2014) support G27 and Ps4 with USB hub?

Hi Experts,

I just updated my Cronusmax (v2) to the last firmware 1.24

I am trying to make it works with Wheel G27, PS4 and compatible usb hub (targus)

I read that it supposed to work only with the lasted HW Cronusmax Plus, but it was not clear if it can works with previous HW using the latest firmware

I couldn't make it works, so just want to confirm if I need the last HW to make it works.

Thanks!

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: CRONUSMAX (v2 2014) support G27 and Ps4 with USB hub?

You need a Hub compatible CM, if yours is compatible it will show the USB logo in color when you plug it in to your PC (in the bottom of Cronus PRO) you can also open the about window while the device is plugged in to see if it's compatible or not...

Once you have verified this, you need to be using the Wheel Edition operational mode, Standard and Tournament does NOT support the G27

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

HI,

Once I plugged it in the computer it show a controller G29 Driving Force wheel, the wheel itself start the calibration and never end (same behavior when I plug it into PS4) and the led stay in track animation
    If I plug the wheel directly in the Cronusmax and then into the computer, it show the same icon, but the Wheel finish the calibration and the led on cronusmax show 0

The strange is I believe that I am using the Compatible HUB. Targus ACH114US

Here is the link for the HUB that I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Cronusmax is already in PS4 Wheel Edition Mode

I am not sure if the HW v2 even using the last firmware is compatible with Hub solution

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpingitore View Post
    HI,

Once I plugged it in the computer it show a controller G29 Driving Force wheel, the wheel itself start the calibration and never end (same behavior when I plug it into PS4) and the led stay in track animation
    If I plug the wheel directly in the Cronusmax and then into the computer, it show the same icon, but the Wheel finish the calibration and the led on cronusmax show 0

The strange is I believe that I am using the Compatible HUB. Targus ACH114US

Here is the link for the HUB that I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Cronusmax is already in PS4 Wheel Edition Mode

I am not sure if the HW v2 even using the last firmware is compatible with Hub solution
    Look in the Cronus PRO Software when you have the CM hooked up via PC Prog port, it will tell you if it is compatible with a hub or not...

I have some old V2's which are compatible, and some that aren't... it's not a feature limited to V3's, if it doesn't work despite having a compatible device and hub hooked up correctly (see manual for more info on that) it may be a power issue, especially if it works on PC but not PS4

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply.
    What I should look to see if it's compatible with hub or not?
    In the lower bar it shows the Firmware 1.24 and the right side shows the Mode PS4 Wheel Mode.

Once I use the HUB it's not working in the PC or PS4 (same Behavior) the calibration never end and the animation still on track mode.
    Once I plug the G27 directly in the CM, using PC, it show 0 and the calibration worked as expected. So it looks like a HUB support issue.

I just want to make sure, before buy any new HW as I have two of v2 HW.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpingitore View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    What I should look to see if it's compatible with hub or not?
    In the lower bar it shows the Firmware 1.24 and the right side shows the Mode PS4 Wheel Mode.

Once I use the HUB it's not working in the PC or PS4 (same Behavior) the calibration never end and the animation still on track mode.
    Once I plug the G27 directly in the CM, using PC, it show 0 and the calibration worked as expected. So it looks like a HUB support issue.

I just want to make sure, before buy any new HW as I have two of v2 HW.
    I already told you 2 methods of checking, if you don't want to read what i say, don't ask for help...

Infact, there are even 3 ways you can check it, the status bar has both a colorized icon and a tooltip which tells you by text if it's compatible or not...

http://cronusmax.com/manual/basics_a...trols.htm#id_9 <--- Read this in the manual and you'll see it clear as day

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks for your time