Topic: Cronusmax Plus not working with PS4 and Fanatec CSW V1.5 Please Help

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Cronusmax Plus not working with PS4 and Fanatec CSW V1.5 Please Help

Hey Guys,

I have just received my Cronusmax Plus in the post and I cannot get it to work with my PS4 and My Fanatec CSW 1.5.

I have followed the instructions avaliable on this site to the letter and several other ways that other people have suggested.

I have chosen the PS4 Wheel Mode for the Cronusmax.

I put the Fanatec CSW into PS3 Mode correctly.

I am using a Targus ANH114AU 4 port USB hub, the US version is recommended by Cronusmax and I cannot see there being any difference between the ANH114US and ANH114AU.

All I get from the Cronnusmax when I plug everthing in as directed in an "E" error message.

I have tried plugging the controller and the wheel into different ports on the USB, I have used the USB program avaliable on the site to identify my port numbers.

The only way I can get the "AU" and then "0" from the Chronusmax is by plugging the PS4 Controller directly into it and not using the USB hub.

Based on this my only thought is the USB hub is the issue as when I plug this in and then the DS4 controller into this the controller doesn't light up but when I plug the DS4 directly in the Cronusmax the controller doesn't light up but as I said I cannot see a difference between an AU version and a US version?

The only other thing I can think may be an issue is I updated the firmware on my Fanatec CSW recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by tmatters82; 4th September 17 at 06:16.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Cronusmax Plus not working with PS4 and Fanatec CSW V1.5 Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by tmatters82 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have just received my Cronusmax Plus in the post and I cannot get it to work with my PS4 and My Fanatec CSW 1.5.

I have followed the instructions avaliable on this site to the letter and several other ways that other people have suggested.

I have chosen the PS4 Wheel Mode for the Cronusmax.

I put the Fanatec CSW into PS3 Mode correctly.

I am using a Targus ANH114AU 4 port USB hub, the US version is recommended by Cronusmax and I cannot see there being any difference between the ANH114US and ANH114AU.

All I get from the Cronnusmax when I plug everthing in as directed in an "E" error message.

I have tried plugging the controller and the wheel into different ports on the USB, I have used the USB program avaliable on the site to identify my port numbers.

The only way I can get the "AU" and then "0" from the Chronusmax is by plugging the PS4 Controller directly into it and not using the USB hub.

Based on this my only thought is the USB hub is the issue as when I plug this in and then the DS4 controller into this the controller doesn't light up but when I plug the DS4 directly in the Cronusmax the controller doesn't light up but as I said I cannot see a difference between an AU version and a US version?

The only other thing I can think may be an issue is I updated the firmware on my Fanatec CSW recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Yes, it is a problem due to Fanatec's firmware.
    Try to do a downgrade to v. 2:04

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LEX LOST For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Any idea where I might find 204 the earliest I can find is like 281?

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tmatters82 View Post
    Any idea where I might find 204 the earliest I can find is like 281?
    probably they have removed the oldest firmware
    i know that 2.04 surely works, but you can try with 2.81

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LEX LOST For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Thanks LEX LOST, got it working! your a ledgend.

Cheers

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Ciao a tutti, ho comprato da poco il CronusMAX Plus, ma, avendo giÓ aggiornato il firmware del mio CSW V1 alla versione v037 volevo chiedervi:
    come posso fare il downgrade parziale, io ho portato il mio volante alle impostazioni di fabbrica, ma non riesco ad aggiornarlo senza che mi vada al firmware 3.15
    Grazie

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Ciao a tutti, ho comprato da poco il CronusMAX Plus, ma, avendo giÓ aggiornato il firmware del mio CSW V1 alla versione v037 volevo chiedervi:
    come posso fare il downgrade parziale, io ho portato il mio volante alle impostazioni di fabbrica, ma non riesco ad aggiornarlo senza che mi vada al firmware 3.15
    Grazie
    Mi sa che ti conviene fare un post in questa sezione: CronusMAX PLUS Racing Wheel Support - PS4 Wheel Edition
    specificando l'hardware che usi

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Grazie
    la v037 Ŕ vecchissima, trovi tutti i driver qui https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/suppor...product_id;437 dovrebbe essere la v289 li dentro ci sta anche il firmware adeguato, se vai nella sezione firmware trovi solo la v037 ma se scarichi i driver ci sono anche i firmware aggiornati!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to totopower46 For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Grazie mille, risolto!!!