Topic: (Solved) PS4 with Logitech G27 wheel controls go dead

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

(Solved) PS4 with Logitech G27 wheel controls go dead

(Solution)
    Just another update (for anyone who experiences the same issue), it looks like I had managed to re-sync the Bluetooth on the DS4 and this was the issue.

(Original Post)
    Hi Guys,

Just got the Cronusmax about a week ago and having an issue where the PS4 controls go dead after 5 minutes (i say dead because it does not disconnect, when the G27 disconnects, the power light flickers or goes out, in this case the power light stays on, on the gear shift). Steering input does not respond, pedals don't respond, paddles don't respond, options, L3 and R3 buttons don't respond. It will maintain the input that was on the wheel at the time everything goes dead (ie, if i am turning in a corner, it will continue to turn at that rate, if i am flat on the accelerator, it will just continue on its merry way flat out until i meet a wall). I was playing F1 2017 and after it went dead, somehow it hit a wall and then changed in to reverse and went flat out in reverse.

The Cronusmax itself displays the 0 (all along... before and during the issue) and appears to be working and if i disconnect the Cronusmax and plug it back in, all becomes active again (after it syncs) however it will all go dead again in another 5 minutes. The PS4 remote does not respond to any input either until i disconnect the Cronusmax and plug it back in.

Up until it goes dead, everything works perfectly as expected, all controls are happily active.

I started with 1.24 firmware and tried downgrading to 1.23. I have only tried full crossover however i don't believe the controller disconnects as such and it is certainly not 10 minutes in between the machine being turned on and the controls going dead, i would say 5 minutes max. I have tried different cables to the DS4 as well.

Edit: I have also unpaired the DS4 on BT.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Picklock; 1 Week Ago at 03:07. Reason: Added additional info

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: PS4 with Logitech G27 wheel controls go dead

Just to add a bit more, from turning the PS4 on to the point it happened was pretty much 7 minutes and 20 seconds

edit: and the next time around 8 minutes and 10 seconds
    Last edited by Podge; 2 Weeks Ago at 22:26.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Just another update (for anyone who experiences the same issue), it looks like I had managed to re-sync the Bluetooth on the DS4 and this was the issue.

I will continue to see how it goes and report back if issues continue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Podge For This Useful Post:

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podge View Post

I will continue to see how it goes and report back if issues continue.
    I am having the same issue and it's driving me crazy. Spend my Friday night playing games with something that worked perfect on F1 2016

I know what I am doing but you are right. It simply disconnects. I will continue to tinker with it. I wonder if anyone who ordered the Drivehub is experiencing the same issues.
    Damn Sony, for being greedy and making this so difficult!