Topic: Can't connect G25 on PS4

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Can't connect G25 on PS4

Hi There!

After setting up the Cronusmax as detailed in the manual, I still can't get my G25 to work. The Cronusmax always displays the Racing mode, it doesn't switch to AU, nor a digit.

I'm using an Insigna Hub which is confirmed as a working one. I've tried the standard PS4 cable, 2 aftermarkets PS4 cables, 2 phones cables. I've tested all of them on my laptop (except for the standard PS4 cable) and they're all transferring data correctly.

I've updated the Firmware, set the options as displayed in the manual, detected the port numbers using the suggested tool and tried plugging the G25 wheel in 1-2 and PS4 controller in 3-4 (I actually tried all possible combinations to be honest.) I also tried to revert back to 1.23, just in case.

I've removed ALL my PS4 controllers (DS4v1) from the system to be sure. Also reset the controller by clicking the button with a small nail on the back of the controller.

- If I plug the controller directly in the Cronusmax, I get a "0" which is expected.
    - If I use the Insigna Hub, I see the racing mode constantly. Bottom-Right dot on the Cronusmax stay ON all the time while the top-left dot on the Cronusmax sometimes appears. Moments after it appears, the "Select a profile" PS4 screen will "update", basically disappears/reappears. It seems like it's trying to authenticate the controller, but it's immediately denied and it goes back to the "Select a profile" page.

- If I plug the G25 directly in the Cronusmax, it stays in racing mode. The power light on the G25 flickers, but it doesn't calibrate itself. I can't even get it to work 10 minutes at a time (I've read several issues mentioning it was eventually disconnecting... but mine is simply not connecting at all.)

I tested my G25 on my PS3 and it works as expected. Same thing on my PC. All of its features work correctly.

I also tested a PS3 controller using the same hub. I changed it to Standard Mode, slot 1 for PS3 controller and slot 4 for DS4v1 and it works as expected. I get the "0" digit and can use the controller on the PS4.

I've browsed several topics and I wasn't able to find one that was covering this exact issue. Based on my tests, it seems these components work correctly:
    - G25
    - DS4v1
    - Cables
    - Hub
    - Cronusmax (in standard mode for a PS3 controller)

It seems to be a settings issue or a firmware/driver issue specific to the PS4 Wheel Edition mode. Of course, I triple-checked my settings based on the official guide.

I'm willing to provide additional details if something is missing.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Re: Can't connect G25 on PS4

***Update***

It turns out that the USB extension cord (30ft) for my G25 was causing the issue. It works perfectly on all other devices, but for some reason doesn't work when plugged in the Cronusmax. I removed the extension and I've been able to play several hours without interruption.

I would have love to be able to use an extension cord for the G25 as I have to move the PS4 in order to connect it to the G25... but still, it works as expected and moving the PS4 is only a minor inconvenience. If you have suggestions for extending the USB cord of the G25 without causing issues, I'd love to know them!

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzped View Post
    ***Update***

It turns out that the USB extension cord (30ft) for my G25 was causing the issue. It works perfectly on all other devices, but for some reason doesn't work when plugged in the Cronusmax. I removed the extension and I've been able to play several hours without interruption.

I would have love to be able to use an extension cord for the G25 as I have to move the PS4 in order to connect it to the G25... but still, it works as expected and moving the PS4 is only a minor inconvenience. If you have suggestions for extending the USB cord of the G25 without causing issues, I'd love to know them!
    Have you tried using the extension on the other side?

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

After reading your comment, I did try to put the extension between the hub and the Cronusmax instead of G25>Hub. Unfortunately, it doesn't work either.

As mentioned previously, it's not a big deal and I'm satisfied with moving the PS4 as it only takes a few minutes to setup and I'm not using the G25 everyday.

I have 2 USB extensions (30' and 65' with signal boost) and I'm guessing there's some signal loss coupled with a hub and a 3rd party (Cronusmax). G25>Extension>PS3 is working correctly and G25>Extension>PS4 is starting the calibration correctly, but I can't use it as a controller (obviously!)

So I don't think it's a faulty cable, hub or Cronusmax, rather than too much signal loss. I'll eventually give it a shot will a smaller USB extension cord to see if it works as I don't need 30'!