Topic: Drive Hub Troubleshooting & FAQ

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Drive Hub Troubleshooting & FAQ

#1 How do I switch between Race Mode and Play Mode?
    Pedals act to change the view, gas = look right, brake = look left... DriveHub is almost certainly in Play mode, this emulates a controller to the console rather than a wheel. You can tell the mode from the display.
    1. Race mode:

2. Play mode:
    3. To switch, hold the P1 button as you plug the DriveHub into the console:

4. The mode animation will come on, detect the wheel that is connected and if everything is good, the LED will then change to 0. The DriveHub will stay in this mode until changed.
    5. On Xbox 1, you may also need to reset the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

#2 Wheel Not working on Xbox One.
    1. Make sure the Xbox One controller is OFF when you connect it to the Drive Hub and when you connect the Drive Hub to the Xbox One.
    2. Update the Xbox One controller with the latest firmware.
    3. Make sure your micro USB cable is good - most issues are because of a faulty cable.
    4. Do a 10 second reboot - Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds to reboot it, that clears the cache and some things. This is especially helpful if the Drive Hub inadvertently switches to "Play Mode" because it thinks the wheel is a GamePad.

#3 Drive Hub won't detect in Windows 7

#6 Back and Start on the Fanatec Porsche wheels are both on the same rocker switch and can't be pressed at the same time to switch Drive Hub Modes.
    • Update to the latest firmware. You can now use Start + D-Pad Left to switch emulation modes (Original Report)

#7 Back and Start on the Fanatec CSW v1 wheels are both on the same rocker switch and can't be pressed at the same time to switch Drive Hub Modes.
    • Update to the latest firmware. You can now use Share + D-Pad Left to switch emulation modes (Original Report)

#8 Logitech G29 not working on Xbox One - Force Feedback, Clutch and shifters not responsive.
    • The G29 must be set to PS4 Mode (in PS3 Mode it emulates a Driving Force GT and that wheel doesn't have a clutch or shifters.) (Original Report)

#9 Thrustmaster T150/T300 not working on Xbox One.
    • The T300 must be set to PS3/PC Mode a.k.a T500 Mode (this emulates a TX) (Original Report)

#10 Connecting a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter to my T150/T300/TMX/TX doesn't work.
    • The T150/T300/TMX/TX emulate a T500 when in PS3/PC Mode (which it must be in when using with Drive Hub). The T500 has no port for a shifter, so when emulating a T500 your T150/T300/TMX/TX shifter port is disabled. So connect the TH8A to the accessory port of the Drive Hub via a USB cable. The Drive Hub will put the T500 + TH8A together as a the correct Wheel for the console. It will also detect which of the rims is connected to the base and make sure all your buttons are mapped correctly. (Original Report)

#11 RPM LED's are not working on Xbox One.
    • The RPM LED's are not a feature on the Xbox One.

#12 RPM LED's are not working with my Thustmaster wheel on PS4.
    • The RPM LED's are not a feature on the PS4 with Thrustmaster.

#13 No Force Feedback in GT Sport with a Fanatec Wheel
    • You have it set to Fanatec Mode - it must be set to Fanalogic Mode as there is no native Fanatec support in GT Sport.

#14 I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and it does not have PS3 Mode. What do I do?
    • You don't need PS3 Mode for this wheel - simply put it into PC Mode. It is 100% compatible with Drive Hub.

#15 I can't switch modes with a Fanatec GT2 Wheel.
    • Simply hold D-Pad Left and Start on the wheel for about 4 seconds, the Drive Hub will reboot and flash FFF or LLL. (Original Report)

#16 I read somewhere that the new Fanatec CSW/CSL Firmware 299 for doesn't work - is that true?
    • Drive Hub works perfect with CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E XB1, CSL E PS4 on version 299. We recommend that the CSW be in PC mode to use its advanced features.. It is the CronusMAX that you have to downgrade the wheels firmware to a previous version.

#17 I can't access the PS4 Home or Xbox Guide button when using a Logitech G27, the DS4/Xbox One controller does not function.
    • The PS4 and Xbox One controllers are used for security authorization only so none of the buttons will work in game. However there are shortcuts to the PS4 Home and XB1 Guide buttons on the gear shifter of the Logitech G27. Simply press L3 and R3 at the same time. For a diagram of the button layouts click on the diagrams below.

#18 Is it possible to plug a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter into the Drive Hub's accessories port, and get it work with a Logitech G27/G29?
    • Yes, you just need the USB cable that comes with the shifter. (Original Report)

Thanks to paulofma for this great Video:

#19 The Xbox One guide button doesn't come on my controller - I have to unplug/plug it again.
    • Disable the "Energy-saving" option in Xbox One Power & Startup settings. (Original Report)

#25 I want to use my wheel on its native console with 3rd party accessories.
    • Direct Drive Mode:
    • Connect wheel to "controller" port, this is OK as the wheel is licensed.
    • connect pedals, handbrake, shifter to "wheel/controller" or "accessory" ports.

#26 Fanatec CSW button mappings
    • to switch between Fanatec and Fanalogic mode press and hold Share and Options for 3 seconds
    • On BMW GT2 rim its the 2 the buttons marked "Touch Pad Button" (9) and "Options" (10)...
    • On BMW GT2 rim PS/Guide is mapped to "GSB1" (22)
    • On Porsche RSR 918 rim its the 2 buttons marked "Share" and "Options"
    • On Porsche RSR 918 rim PS/Guide is mapped to "N/A" in the center below the Porsche Emblem
    • on F1 rim its the 2 the buttons marked "Touch Pad Button" (9) and "Options" (10)...
    • On F1 rim PS/Guide is mapped to "GSB1" (22)
    • On P1 rim its the 2 the buttons marked "Touch Pad Button" (9) and "Options" (10)...
    • On P1 rim rim PS/Guide is mapped to "Game Specific Button 1" (25)

Attachment 5000Attachment 5001Attachment 5002Attachment 5003
    Last edited by Podger; 17th May 18 at 04:05.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post: