Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Request Thread

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Lightbulb The Request Thread

Want support to be added to Drive Hub's firmware for a certain console, FFB wheel, or USB Accessory such as a pedal set, shifter, or handbrake etc? While Drive Hub has launched with a sensible & perfectly acceptable amount of supported devices, there's still plenty of room for it to grow. Here's the place to make polite & respectful requests of Collective Minds for things you'd like to see supported in the future.

Please bear in mind that adding support for a FFB wheel is not always going to be cost effective for Collective Minds, as it can take about a months worth of work to complete, & they will need to buy (or at least borrow) the wheel in question. However, adding something like a simple USB pedal set can be a relatively quick & easy thing to do, but not always.

And remember; just because you've made a request doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen, so please don't start sulking if you don't get your own way! Requests will be decided on a case by case basis by the Collective Minds team.

PS: It's not technically possible to add button boxes, or Xbox 360 support, so please don't ask.
    Last edited by VBR73; 13th September 17 at 17:56. Reason: Updated The OP...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VBR73 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: The Request Thread

Great idea

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals please. I also have the Porsche GT2 wheel which I believe is already supported in the production firmware.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I got mine drivehub today and its great i have the gt2 wheel with clubsports pedals and it works fine on ps4 F1 2017 😃👍

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals please. I also have the Porsche GT2 wheel which I believe is already supported in the production firmware.
    Based on the comment from Racingpoj i believe you're request isn't needed since it's already supported, just not specifically specified, please keep the thread to things which aren't already supported once you've actually tried it

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Thanks Swizzy, RacingPoj for the replies. This helps me a ton.

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Racingpoj View Post
    I got mine drivehub today and its great i have the gt2 wheel with clubsports pedals and it works fine on ps4 F1 2017 
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 are officialy supported in Drive Hub, but no drivers were added for V1 or V2. So if you have one of those earlier versions & they're working that's great news, as individual drivers for them will not be needed.

Can you both confirm which versions you have please, & whether or not you have them plugged into your wheel or Drive Hub's accessory port?

Thank you.
    Last edited by VBR73; 13th September 17 at 16:17.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I have v1 works perfect all three pedals very nice

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Racingpoj For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

@Podger will be happy to see that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

And just to confirm; are you plugging them into the Drive Hub's USB Accessory port, or straight into you wheel?
    Last edited by VBR73; 13th September 17 at 16:18.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Im plugging them into my wheel ��

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Racingpoj For This Useful Post:

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Im plugging them into my wheel ��
    Please try plugging them into Drive Hub's USB Accessory port with the Fanatec USB cable that came with them (or a good quality USB printer cable will do), & then report back if they work or not. The cable should be the same type as the one you use to connect the wheel to your console or Drive Hub. Many thanks.

Last edited by VBR73; 14th September 17 at 11:06. Reason: Updated info...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VBR73 For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

While my principal use of my DriveHub will be to support the Logitech G920 on a PS4 Pro for Gran Turismo Sport, I'd also like to see this combo supported:-

Logitech G920 on a PS3 for GT6 (and maybe GT5)

Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GBO Possum For This Useful Post:

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Hi Possom
    I saw your post on Gtplanet late last night, it was too late for me to reply..

We have had a steady stream of requests for this... We have the main body of work done, but it hasn't been extensively tested.

The proposed solution would be to do the same as we already do to xb1 and ps4... attach a DS3 to port 1 and your wheel and accessories to port 2 and 3.. The DH would then present to the console as a T500RS for thrustmaster and as a G27 for everything else...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

@Podger, thanks for your quick response. I appreciate how busy the team is, especially during new product rollout.

I failed to read the description carefully enough and got over excited by the GTPlanet thread title "Drive Hub: Use Any Wheel On Any Console - Almost!". So I just assumed the scope was wider than two consoles. My mistake!!

I connected the hub up to my PS3 etc as you described and things were tantalizingly close to working. It almost looked like it was just lacking the final tweak of presenting as a wheel and not as a controller. Even the Force Feedback worked!

Anyway, if you're looking for a tester, I'm your man. I have extensive career experience in technology product development, including testing. In my retirement, I was one of the original beta testers of Anki Drive and Overdrive. I understand the need in testing to follow defined test cases, explore and observe carefully and to document precisely.

Very best!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GBO Possum For This Useful Post:

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

GBO Possom sent PM

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GBO Possum View Post
    I failed to read the description carefully enough and got over excited by the GTPlanet thread title "Drive Hub: Use Any Wheel On Any Console - Almost!". So I just assumed the scope was wider than two consoles. My mistake!
    That was partly my fault actually, the original title of the thread didn't include the "Almost". I added that after the GT Planet news article. That said it's always best to read the entire OP than just the title, & as Podger said there are updates going on behind the scenes regarding this. I added a compatible consoles list in the OP a few days ago, & will update it as & when it becomes needed.
    Last edited by VBR73; 16th September 17 at 17:50.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VBR73 For This Useful Post:

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Logitech G25 user on ps4, with Th8a here.

I love the product, it works fab in Dirt rally, AC, F1 2017 and in the new PC2.

Now, since I have Th8a for shifting I want to use the G25 shifter in sequentual mode, but not as a shifter, but as a handbrake. Problem is that when I pull the sequential stick backwards, the games on ps4 report it as a right pedal action. And that makes sense if I was trying to use it as a sequential shifter.

On the pc these two are registered as separate buttons. Could this be done with DH on ps4 as well? Via firmware update?
    Last edited by MarcoM; 26th September 17 at 02:40. Reason: grammar

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoM View Post
    Logitech G25 user on ps4, with Th8a here.

I love the product, it works fab in Dirt rally, AC, F1 2017 and in the new PC2.

Now, since I have Th8a for shifting I want to use the G25 shifter in sequentual mode, but not as a shifter, but as a handbrake. Problem is that when I pull the sequential stick backwards, the games on ps4 report it as a right pedal action. And that makes sense if I was trying to use it as a sequential shifter.

On the pc these two are registered as separate buttons. Could this be done with DH on ps4 as well? Via firmware update?
    The problem we have here is that the G29 does not have a sequential mode and the PS4 doesn't appear to have input for SeqUP and SeqDOWN, so the only way to use them is to hard map them to the Paddles.
    also, the G29 doesn't have an analog handbrake either, this functionality is provided via the wheel vendor API, so as far as we can tell you can only have and analog handbrake on Fanatec bases.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    The problem we have here is that the G29 does not have a sequential mode and the PS4 doesn't appear to have input for SeqUP and SeqDOWN, so the only way to use them is to hard map them to the Paddles.
    also, the G29 doesn't have an analog handbrake either, this functionality is provided via the wheel vendor API, so as far as we can tell you can only have and analog handbrake on Fanatec bases.

That makes sense. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast