Topic: Fanatec CSW V2 and Project Cars 2 Settings and Feedback (PS4)

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Fanatec CSW V2 and Project Cars 2 Settings and Feedback (PS4)

PC2 does recognize the DH/CSW as either Logi G29 or Fanatec CSRE (game does not recognize as CSL E correctly).

Features work as expected using the DH in either mode.

The FFB for the G29 is very different then the Fanatec - much more dramatic I guess to compensate for more limited dynamic range. I prefer the F mode.

There appears to be a bug related to kerbs - don't feel them in either mode, but L mode obscures this with greater FFB intensities.

The FFB adjustment modes are much simplified from PC1 but still not clear as to HOW its intended to work - a you tube vid helps explain.

I use raw flavor, gain 100, volume 65, tone 50, FX 50 at the moment. Still wouldn't say its right on yet, due to game issues.

Wheel is set for 75 FF overall, 100 for FB, spring, damper off as they are not sent from the game. This will be on the strong side - it runs just below clipping.

I did get confirmation from a PS4 CSL elite owner that the additional features on the optional club sport rims are not used by the game, so devs are only supporting the base rim

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rs60nr1 For This Useful Post:

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec CSW V2 and Project Cars 2 (PS4)

Thank you for your feedback!

See the FAQ regarding this wheel/game and Fanatec Mode

http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...-Drive-Hub-FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    If the game supports a Fanatec CSL Elite natively - we highly recommend you use the Fanatec mode and NOT Fanalogic mode (which is the default setting of the Drive Hub). Especially if you have a CSW2.0 or CSW2.5.

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec CSW V2 and Project Cars 2 Settings and Feedback (PS4)

Thx - agree that the preferred mode is Fanatec native for Pcars as the FFB is clearly written more specifically for each brand. However in F1 2017, the FFB differences are much less, and because of the extra G29 mappings you are doing for the fanalogic mode, I get some extra capabilities. So worth checking out both, until game devs support the Fanatec stuff better.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rs60nr1 View Post
    Thx - agree that the preferred mode is Fanatec native for Pcars as the FFB is clearly written more specifically for each brand. However in F1 2017, the FFB differences are much less, and because of the extra G29 mappings you are doing for the fanalogic mode, I get some extra capabilities. So worth checking out both, until game devs support the Fanatec stuff better.

On project cars 1, to get my fanatec wheel to work on my PS4 I’d have to wait until the game was in the start menu screen to turn the wheel on and after it went from side to side, I’d press and hold the little signal button.....after that, the wheel would activate and it was ready.

Now, with Project Cars 2 I try doing the same thing but the wheel won’t do anything.

How or what do you do the make your fanatec wheel work for Project Cars 2 on the PS4?

I have the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel.

I hope you can help me with that.

Thanks in advance!!!

I Am Error

User Info Menu

You have a drivehub hooked up as shown in the docs?

Turn wheel on first for both games.

For PCARs 1 you should not use it, and hook the wheel directly to the PS4, use the DS4 controller to start the game - the wheel will show n on the display and will work the game after that.

For pcars 2 hook up the drive hub, wheel, ds4 to PS4. Start PS4, engage Fanatec mode using the 2 buttons on the wheel - make sure your DS4 is not active. After that the wheel will act like a ds4 - use the dpad to start the game, set options to wheel in game

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rs60nr1 For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I found out what ds4 means hahahaha. And the hubdrive is the usb conector (as I call it) hahaha. I will try it when I get home. Again, I really appreciate the help.

If I can’t get it to work or if I do get it to work, I will give you an update.

Thanks again!!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I can’t figure out which two buttons a push to engage fanatec mode.

I plug in the usb from the wheel, I plug in the DS4 and then turn the PS4 on (I first turn the wheel on before the PS4).

Lost after that.

May I please ask for help again? Sorry for bothering.

Thank you you in advance!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

To switch between fanatec and fanalogic, press and hold share and options together or their equivalent, this can depend on the rim you have attached.
    let us know what rim you have, some of the manuals call Share the road button

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    To switch between fanatec and fanalogic, press and hold share and options together or their equivalent, this can depend on the rim you have attached.
    let us know what rim you have, some of the manuals call Share the road button

I have the CSR Elite. I uploaded a photo of it. Hope it uploads.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

For CSR it's the back & start buttons.... The larger buttons on either side of the display

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

For CSR it's the back & start buttons.... The larger buttons on either side of the display

Ok, got it. So do I press them at the same time for one second or longer?

Thank you for your patience and help!!!!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

just hold and wait about 3 seconds, the DH will reboot, you will see the difference on you display.... this info is all in the manual..

https://collectiveminds.ca/wp-conten...l_rc_2.0.0.pdf

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

just hold and wait about 3 seconds, the DH will reboot, you will see the difference on you display.... this info is all in the manual..

https://collectiveminds.ca/wp-conten...l_rc_2.0.0.pdf

Is there a specific device named (drivehub) that I need to purchase in order for my CSR Elite to work with the PS4? I’m guessing that’s the problem.

Where red do I purchase it?

Whats the product name?

Thanks in advance!!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

😅

Sorry, I’m really lost. I did comunícate with Fanatec and they told me that my wheel is not compatible with PC2 or any new games.

But it I know you guys are getting it to work with PCars 2. I’ve had the game since it came out and I haven’t raced because the wheel won’t work. 😓

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

I Am Error

User Info Menu

Update on latest Pcars 2 patch 2.0. FX still broken, no curbs etc. my latest settings: Raw, gain 100, vol 55, tone 55, fx no effect. Tiny bit of clipping on some cars.

Wheel is at ff 55-65, for 100, spr off, dpr off, sens auto. Overall liking the ffb.

Some cars do need adjustment when keeping constant game settings, so using the wheel tuning mode to adjust to suit rather than map buttons for volume

edit - at least they got the right wheel model and image
    Last edited by Rs60nr1; 5 Days Ago at 19:26.