Topic: G29 + Xbox One S + DriveHub + Forza Horizon 3 = Not Working

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

G29 + Xbox One S + DriveHub + Forza Horizon 3 = Not Working

Well the title describes my problem accurately but to add some details:

I just received a playseat and after using several hours (and a lot of money for this setup) i was really bummed out to see that the DriveHub supposedly "works" (detects the G29 and describes it in the G-2-9 sequence) but only the wheel and not the pedals nor shifter are working... And yes i have it in "race mode" (the number 8 pattern on the lcd). Please some help will be very appreciated

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: G29 + Xbox One S + DriveHub + Forza Horizon 3 = Not Working

The wheel is switched to PS4 Mode, right?

From: http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...eshooting-Tips

Also the drive hub doesn't "supposedly" work with a G29. It 100% works

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Yeah, it was (is) in PS4 mode

Does it support the shifter and pedals connected through the wheel or do then need to be on the accessory port? I guess that it should support it through the wheel, but i want to ask to be sure...
    Last edited by TheCreatorzOne; 2nd October 17 at 17:29. Reason: Need to ask something more

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

OK, UPDATE:

I was joking around with the settings in FH3 and set the shift-system to manual+clutch and i was switching ports back and forth and from play- to race-mode and after i set everything as followed by the instructions (race-mode, controller off and plug in) and the wheel/pedals somehow worked! But the Driving Force Shifter does not want to be detected for some reason... Any help with that would be greatly appreciated!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

please try again with beta f/w available in the update tool... use the slider where is says "update to latest version" to reveal the list of all f/w's. choose 2.0.1-beta.2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I managed to get it to work

my steps:

1. Make sure the Xbox is either off or in sleep mode, and the controller needs to be off as well
    2(a). Make sure beforehand that the G29 is in PS4 mode and that the drivehub is in race mode (and that you have connected the power cord for the wheel...)
    2. Plug everything into the Drivehub, and then plug in to the Xbox USB (everything will turn on by itself)
    3. If Forza is still on or was on (if you open it you continue where you left off) use the wheel (only the wheel and maybe pedals will work at this moment) to close it
    4. Reopen Forza and everything will work
    5. If you unplug the drivehub (aka it loses power) you need to repeat this process
    6. If the Xbox falls asleep with the drivehub connected, just power it on using the controller and everything will work without needing to restart

Hope this guide helps somebody

cheers!

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreatorzOne View Post
    I managed to get it to work

my steps:

1. Make sure the Xbox is either off or in sleep mode, and the controller needs to be off as well
    2(a). Make sure beforehand that the G29 is in PS4 mode and that the drivehub is in race mode (and that you have connected the power cord for the wheel...)
    2. Plug everything into the Drivehub, and then plug in to the Xbox USB (everything will turn on by itself)
    3. If Forza is still on or was on (if you open it you continue where you left off) use the wheel (only the wheel and maybe pedals will work at this moment) to close it
    4. Reopen Forza and everything will work
    5. If you unplug the drivehub (aka it loses power) you need to repeat this process
    6. If the Xbox falls asleep with the drivehub connected, just power it on using the controller and everything will work without needing to restart

Hope this guide helps somebody

cheers!
    Hi, I tried this setup myself last night and its definitely work with the latest beta f/w... can you please confirm you have updated the drivehub to 2.0.1-beta.2, you make no mention of that in response to my previous post.

The code shipped on the DriveHub is from June, its very old, it will have power-up, sleep, and wake-up issues, but basically anything we released after that won't.

Fh3 has very low initial FFB settings ... the spring is set at 10%... even resetting values sets it to 50%... so I don't know how it ends up as 10%.

also, I made a mistake a few times by press pressing the cross button on the G29 where the game says press X for advanced.... The cross it the equivalent of A and does a "accept settings and quit"

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    Hi, I tried this setup myself last night and its definitely work with the latest beta f/w... can you please confirm you have updated the drivehub to 2.0.1-beta.2, you make no mention of that in response to my previous post.

The code shipped on the DriveHub is from June, its very old, it will have power-up, sleep, and wake-up issues, but basically anything we released after that won't.

Fh3 has very low initial FFB settings ... the spring is set at 10%... even resetting values sets it to 50%... so I don't know how it ends up as 10%.

also, I made a mistake a few times by press pressing the cross button on the G29 where the game says press X for advanced.... The cross it the equivalent of A and does a "accept settings and quit"
    Yes I forgot to mention that... I did go through the update process before starting this thread, but I have not updated to beta firmware as of yet (I will do it later today to test), but no matter what to do the steps above a do recommend to update in order to eliminate potential problems.
    I guess I understand what you mean with the FFB settings in Forza + Drivehub but I am not so very familiarized with what the different settings do as of yet, but I can acknowledge that the FFB on the Xbox + Drivehub + G29 is different (pretty non-existent actually) rather than Forza on PC + G29. I hope the beta fixes some of those issues. As I mentioned earlier; I will update later today and post some results/opinions.

And yes, the X on the G29 corresponds to A for the Xbox controller, but I got used to that pretty fast because they have the same placement (just different letters/colors) and I needed to learn their placement because FH3 on PC uses Xbox letters rather than keyboard buttons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCreatorzOne For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can assist please. I've Just purchased the Drive HUB I have a G29 and playing Forza Horizon 3 on xbox one. I've been through the process outlined. Installed the beta suggested, in PS4 mode, in race mode but the gear shifter still does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Talking Re: G29 + Xbox One S + DriveHub + Forza Horizon 3 = Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by KnBza View Post
    Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can assist please. I've Just purchased the Drive HUB I have a G29 and playing Forza Horizon 3 on xbox one. I've been through the process outlined. Installed the beta suggested, in PS4 mode, in race mode but the gear shifter still does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Go into the main menu (after everything is powered up and connected properly) and using the steering wheel close FH3 and start it. Everything should work then

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreatorzOne View Post
    Go into the main menu (after everything is powered up and connected properly) and using the steering wheel close FH3 and start it. Everything should work then
    Hi, Cheers for the response.

Tried that with no joy. :-(
    Strange thing is before reading this post I had updated to the latest firmware and only the gears worked no wheel or pedals.

You seem to have it working so the Hype is real, just need to figure out why my set up is misbehaving
    Last edited by KnBza; 1 Week Ago at 15:56.

Senior Staff

User Info Menu

if buttons work but the wheel and pedals are not working then the power is not connected properly.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Yes that was my first attempt before I got them working without the Shifter

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

An update.
    Tried the G29 wheel with Project Cars on the xbox one and the shifter is recognised and works, but with Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7 and other Forza games the shifter does not work with Drive Hub, the LB and RB Paddles trigger the gear change.

Anything I should be doing in the Forza series settings?
    I've been choosing manual Gears in the settings both with and without Clutch