Topic: A script I requested a long time ago has served me well, but no longer works...

Mercenary

User Info Menu

A script I requested a long time ago has served me well, but no longer works...

I got this script for rainbow six that you guys made for me a looooong time ago, this script has gone on to serve me well in many other games as well, including battlefield 1, horizon zero dawn, and even some original xbox games!

But, on all my consoles, this script... just quit working a couple weeks ago. None of it's functions work, as if the cronus is set to 0. I dunno what changed, I went to slightly modify it for one of my OG xbox games, and since I know next to nothing about programming, assumed I broke it. But I reverted it to it's original state, and it still doesn't work, on any game, on any console. Every other script I have installed still works, just not this one. It's strange...

The script's intended function: Temporarily swap Square with L3, and X with R3, only while L1 is held, and also permanently map L3 to the touch pad touch (just push L3 when placing my finger on the touchpad, NOT the touchpad click button)

What I tried to change: Swap L2 with L1, and R2 with R1, while still keeping L1 as the hot swap button, since you can only switch shoulder buttons via the OS on PS4, I needed this on other consoles.

Here is the original script, as it was made for me.

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Re: A script I requested a long time ago has served me well, but no longer works...

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    I got this script for rainbow six that you guys made for me a looooong time ago, this script has gone on to serve me well in many other games as well, including battlefield 1, horizon zero dawn, and even some original xbox games!

But, on all my consoles, this script... just quit working a couple weeks ago. None of it's functions work, as if the cronus is set to 0. I dunno what changed, I went to slightly modify it for one of my OG xbox games, and since I know next to nothing about programming, assumed I broke it. But I reverted it to it's original state, and it still doesn't work, on any game, on any console. Every other script I have installed still works, just not this one. It's strange...

The script's intended function: Temporarily swap Square with L3, and X with R3, only while L1 is held, and also permanently map L3 to the touch pad touch (just push L3 when placing my finger on the touchpad, NOT the touchpad click button)

What I tried to change: Swap L2 with L1, and R2 with R1, while still keeping L1 as the hot swap button, since you can only switch shoulder buttons via the OS on PS4, I needed this on other consoles.

Here is the original script, as it was made for me.

Are you using Cronus PRO 1.20? If so, try 1.21 Beta 1

Mercenary

User Info Menu

Re: A script I requested a long time ago has served me well, but no longer works...

Tried upgrading to the beta, reprogrammed the slots, STILL doesn't work...

Forum Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    Tried upgrading to the beta, reprogrammed the slots, STILL doesn't work...
    Can you tell me what happens when you try to use it? A bug was fixed with 1.21 which relates to your use of the ps4_touchpad function, i was thinking that was the problem you had ran into, but, if you indeed updated and re-programmed the slots after dragging the script over to the slot again and it's still not working, i need to know what's happening for you...

If you merely updated and programmed the slots, nothing actually changed as when you drag 'n' drop the script it gets compiled, and what's saved in the memory recall is the compiled result...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Mercenary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    Can you tell me what happens when you try to use it? A bug was fixed with 1.21 which relates to your use of the ps4_touchpad function, i was thinking that was the problem you had ran into, but, if you indeed updated and re-programmed the slots after dragging the script over to the slot again and it's still not working, i need to know what's happening for you...

If you merely updated and programmed the slots, nothing actually changed as when you drag 'n' drop the script it gets compiled, and what's saved in the memory recall is the compiled result...
    You were right, forgot to drag and drop again. Thank you. It works flawlessly now.

This script is so useful for me in so many games.